List of Nominees for the 84th Academy Awards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clooney wasn't nominated for Batman and Robin. :lol

image.jpg

So if they're not big budget blockbusters they're probably not good?
Tree of Life, especially, is a movie you like only if you love life and catch yourself daydreaming/wondering about its meaning.
The movie fascinated me because of the way it seemed to capture Malicks fragmented memory of his past and put it to film and didn't feel the need to fill the voids to try to "pull it together for the masses". Instead he left it true to his thoughts.

Not at all. I watch no budget "grindhosue" flicks all the time. Just needs to be something that interests me. Does Iron Lady interest anyone? Shame was well done but I found the movie itself to be bland.

and apparently you watch completely uninteresting movies like Iron Lady as well :monkey1

Why are there only 9 movies nominated for best picture, isn't it supposed to be 10? 9 just seems like a really odd number.

Why are there only 9 movies nominated for best picture, isn't it supposed to be 10? 9 just seems like a really odd number.

I dunno. I tweeted Empire after the announcement and they had no clue either. I thought i read that they had gone back to 5 :dunno

It's like they couldn't find 10 good enough movies, so they just said hell with it we'll only have 9 this year :)

They really should just go back to 5.

I dunno. I tweeted Empire after the announcement and they had no clue either. I thought i read that they had gone back to 5 :dunno

I read an article days back that said (in so many words): In order for a movie to be nominated, it must receive a minimum of five percent of the committee's total votes. In this case, only 9 met that criteria. Weird. I know. But, I swear I read it. :dunno :lol

Whaaaa--?

My message is NOT too short.

I'm still confused. :lol Is that a whaaa - damn he's not nominated this year or a what - like he's supposed to be? Anyway, I don't see him nominated - Girl With The Dragon Tattoo got zero nominations for music. :dunno

Music (Original Score)

"The Adventures of Tintin" John Williams
"The Artist" Ludovic Bource
"Hugo" Howard Shore
"Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" Alberto Iglesias
"War Horse" John Williams

Music (Original Song)

"Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets" Music and Lyric by Bret McKenzie
"Real in Rio" from "Rio" Music by Sergio Mendes and Carlinhos Brown Lyric by Siedah Garrett

I didn't realize Bret McKenzie did the music for the Muppets. That's awesome! I hope he wins!

Tin Tin should have gotten one for best animated film. Really enjoyed it and surprised it didn't. I'm rooting for Clooney for best actor as I think he's the best of the bunch.

I agree Tin Tin should have been nominated. :( I mean, Kung Fu Panda? WTH??

Last edited:
I agree Tin Tin should have been nominated. :( I mean, Kung Foo Panda? WTH??

I know. I don't get that at all. :slap

Edit: I'm already looking forward to the 2013 Oscars and 2014 Oscars to see how The Hobbit fares.

I think Tintin didn't get nominated because they're not sure what to label it yet. It's not live-action but it's not really animation, either. It's animated but it's not in the traditional sense. It's motion capture. This is actors portraying the characters and there's also a few real action scenes in it whereas films like Kung Fu Panda are 100% animation.
So even though i liked the film, i'm kinda glad it didn't get nominated. Rango was the best animated film last year. I don't know, maybe they will add some motion capture noms some day :dunno

Also, didnt Trevor compose the score with someone else? Maybe the reason he wasn't nominated is because only one composer can get nominated, like only one director can get nominated?

i dont think cartoons should get nominated it ruins the whole thing, would love to see clooney, streep and the gang all animated in the audience, george clooney wins turns into a helicopter flys up to accept his award.....that i might watch.

I agree Tin Tin should have been nominated. :( I mean, Kung Fu Panda? WTH??

Kung Fu Panda was amazing....way better then Tin Tin. that movie just jumped right in didn't it. Who was Tin Tin anyway? Where did he come from? Why should I care about him?

Bah. Decent flick. But meh.

Also, didnt Trevor compose the score with someone else? Maybe the reason he wasn't nominated is because only one composer can get nominated, like only one director can get nominated?

Um, Trent Reznor won an Oscar last year with Atticus Ross

Best Original Score 2010 Academy Awards
The Social Network – Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

And of course the 2007 Academy Awards
Best Director
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen – No Country for Old Men

All 4 were nominated and won. :wave

Back