List of Nominees for the 84th Academy Awards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a shame Meryl Streep won the Oscar - the academy played it safe. They went with the obvious choice, rather than the person that deserved it. Glad I skipped -

Meryl deserved it, IMO. She's good in all her roles.

I liked how Angelina kept sticking her leg out at awkward angles :lol

I'm a huge fan of Gary Oldman (he will win an Oscar some day), but Christopher Plummer definitely deserved the recognition after 60 years of making movies.

Yeah, those poses of Jolie were crazy. I really like her as an actress - but I have to wonder what the hell was she thinking...OK maybe one pose like that - but she did that at the podium too.

Plummer deserved a win...and I hope you are right about Oldman. He should have been nominated for Dracula and The Professional as well....he's been robbed too many times. :(

Plummer deserved a win...and I hope you are right about Oldman. He should have been nominated for Dracula and The Professional as well....he's been robbed too many times. :(

From what I can tell, it's kinda their thing.

Rob a guy for 40 years then before he dies give him a pity Oscar while robbing someone else in the process. Unless of course it's George Clooney.

I need to see The Artist.

Also, My Week With Marylin. Michelle Williams looked stunningly beautiful in that Oscar nom montage.

I knew Artist would win. But it makes no sense. Best Director and Actor. The Actor had no lines. How can he really win best actor. Same with Director. He just had them dance around. The problem is 80% of the voters are old farts. Oscars are a joke.

I knew Artist would win. But it makes no sense. Best Director and Actor. The Actor had no lines. How can he really win best actor. Same with Director. He just had them dance around. The problem is 80% of the voters are old farts. Oscars are a joke.

There's more to acting then words.

Back