2015 Academy Award Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of him and rightfully so :lol

So is that guy who created " The Initiation Game " Gay? That's why he tried to kill himself?

Uh, Common is one of the best rappers of the past 25 years. His first and second albums are classics. He didn't drop the "Sense" from his name willingly. By the time he got bigger after his second album another musical outfit named Common Sense threatened legal action. Please restrain from criticism if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Forrest Gump is not looked upon very kindly these days. It would not do as well if it was released today. The same can be said for many other films that were popular with the Academy. Same with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt in As Good As It Gets.

Who isn't looking upon Forrest Gump kindly? A few stupid critics maybe? Who cares!

Uh, Common is one of the best rappers of the past 25 years. His first and second albums are classics. He didn't drop the "Sense" from his name willingly. By the time he got bigger after his second album another musical outfit named Common Sense threatened legal action. Please restrain from criticism if you have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't care for his rapping and I only knew him from playing on Hell on Wheels. Checked him out. Blah.

Then Best Picture ended up being a film that rips into superhero and blockbuster films.

Which was filled with actors who've appeared in Batman, The Incredible Hulk, The Amazing Spider-Man, and King Kong. Hollywood loves to reap the benefits of superhero/blockbusters on one hand and rip on them with the other.

I still like Forrest Gump, don't get me wrong. But Pulp Fiction, which came out the same year, is the better film and has aged better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cringed when Travolta was doing the chin thing to poor Idina! It was all extra creepy because Idina was so clearly uncomfortable with him being so close and touchy. She was doing her best to try and wriggle out of it without embarrassing him too much. It's like he was her creepy old uncle! He seems to still think of himself as the sexy Hollywood hunk he was 30 years ago, but no one else does! And when I saw the pictures of him and ScarJo, it made me really feel sorry for the guy! :lol

I took the Jack Black tirade against super hero movies as purely a joke, especially since it came from him!

And I too have read things to indicate a backlash to Forrest Gump, which I think is undeserved. I have also seen a backlash to American Beauty, to which I say, "FINALLY people see it for the crap it is!" :lol

I took the Jack Black tirade against super hero movies as purely a joke, especially since it came from him!

I actually took his tirade as mocking the people who are *against* superhero movies, but the fact that it came up at all, and during the opening of the entire ceremony shows that Hollywood likes to pretend that they're above those types of films even though they are the ones making them.

I have also seen a backlash to American Beauty, to which I say, "FINALLY people see it for the crap it is!" :lol

Good. I've never liked American Beauty. And I agree that Pulp Fiction has aged MUCH better than Forrest Gump, though Gump is still very good.

I was glad to see Alejandro González Iñárritu recognize that even though he was accepting the award for Best Picture, only time will ultimately determine how well Birdman ranks against other films. I think it will hold up very well but so often we see some big flash in the pan film just fade away compared to other, better films that came out that same year.

Back