LIMTOYS - Outlaws From The West - The Cowboy 1/6 scale collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just hold on to your horses partner, there's a lot of hype surrounding this upcoming re-release of RDR1 because a lot of people want it to be a remake but nothing really confirms it is one.
Knowing Rockstar I bet it's a remaster, they've never remade a game and quite frankly they must be so busy with GTA VI that I'd be shocked if they actually devoted money, people and resources to rebuilding RDR1 in their updated engine.
I would think a remaster would almost be more work than a remake. From what I understand, the code on the original RDR was a mess, which is why they never remastered it for ps3/ps4. Plus they already have the built RDR2 world, they could just copy/paste it into a new game.
But yeah, they would still have to add a ton of new coding for missions, locations, dialog, you name it. I'm hoping it'll be worth their time and they do it, but it is kind of unlikely with GTA VI on the horizon.

I would think a remaster would almost be more work than a remake. From what I understand, the code on the original RDR was a mess, which is why they never remastered it for ps3/ps4. Plus they already have the built RDR2 world, they could just copy/paste it into a new game.
But yeah, they would still have to add a ton of new coding for missions, locations, dialog, you name it. I'm hoping it'll be worth their time and they do it, but it is kind of unlikely with GTA VI on the horizon.
As you said the reason I think it's more likely to be a remaster is because they can't simply copy paste assets, they have to rebuild the entire game in their updated RAGE engine, that means cutscenes, animations, character models, missions, stranger missions, unique minigames, remake and remodel not only New Austin but Mexico, code all the areas in those sections and on top of it all also remake Undead Nightmare which is also coming due to zombies being mentioned in he Korea rating file.

It would be a monumental task, more so that The Last of Us which is a linear game where the gameplay remains largely unchanged in the sequel aside from a couple mechanics so it's easier to remake a game like that than a huge open world Rockstar production with a more arcade type of gameplay compared to RDR2 which is built more like an RPG cowboy simulator, it would beg the question whether they would even include new things like fishing in a remake when it was never there in the first game.

A lot of people think RDR1/Undead Nightmare can be simply remade in a few years and added as RDR2 DLC but it's Rockstar we're talking about, they took 8 years to make RDR2 and they are taking much longer to make GTA VI so I just don't see them putting in that type of demanding work in remaking RDR1 when they haven't even updated RDR2 for next gen consoles and have stopped supporting it and it's online mode to focus on GTA VI, plus put yourself in Take Two's shoes and ask yourself what will be more profitable. Remaking an entire game and it's DLC or fixing the code of an older game and giving it a face lift to bring it to modern consoles?

Don't get me wrong I would love a remake but knowing Rockstar and how big GTA VI is going to be I think a remaster is more likely and I'm fine with that, having the classic game I love available on modern hardware at 4K 60fps will be good enough for me.

Not even on pc... 🐃💩
Maybe later? They could just want to profit with these versions first but it is an odd omission. I think a lot of people are disappointed because of the hype the community generated for the idea of a remake when it was never confirmed. If people realized RDR2 doesn't even have a next gen version for consoles or 60fps patch and the online is totally abandoned because Rockstar is all-hands-on-deck for GTA VI they might have come to the logical conclusion a remake was never happening.

Your suspicions about the lack of manpower at R* for a full remake on the new engine made a lot of sense. Still hurts.

The initial port release coming to what are essentially two last-gen console would actually be hilarious if it weren’t such a sad reality :ohbfrank:

Your suspicions about the lack of manpower at R* for a full remake on the new engine made a lot of sense. Still hurts.

The initial port release coming to what are essentially two last-gen console would actually be hilarious if it weren’t such a sad reality :ohbfrank:
I mean if you asked me a month or two ago if Rockstar would even bother doing anything for the first game I would have laughed at you. People begged for a port for so long and now that it's here everyone is disappointed because their expectations got the better of them. It's funny how The Last Of Us remake, a 1:1 remake of a PS3 game caused massive outrage and everyone was against it but when Rockstar doesn't do the same thing for RDR1, also a PS3 game, everyone is disappointed. But I do get the confusion over a missing PC port.

Remaster/Port as I predicted. Coming digitally on August 17 for PS4 (backwards compatible with PS5) and Switch. Physical copies release October 13.
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...ndead-nightmare-coming-to-nintendo-switch-and

Disappointed that it's not on PC and that it isn't in the RDR2 engine. Might still get this though. If Undead Nightmare is fixed, then that'll be a plus, but I'd like to see a comparison between the Xbox One X enhanced version and this to see if this is any better looking.

Disappointed that it's not on PC and that it isn't in the RDR2 engine. Might still get this though. If Undead Nightmare is fixed, then that'll be a plus, but I'd like to see a comparison between the Xbox One X enhanced version and this to see if this is any better looking.
I don't think we will ever see RDR1 remade in the updated engine and I'm honestly confused why so many people thought it was all but confirmed based on absolutely nothing, it is a shame tho. I think it's the same thing as the Xbox one patched version, probably 30fps too, seems like the only big thing about this port is that it's coming to Switch too.

49 euros for a simple port on PS4 and Switch R* is really greedy.

Last edited:
At the very least it can’t possibly be worse than the remastered GTA Trilogy…
I hope it runs well one Switch. Me and my best friend have been dying for portable Red Dead.
The Steam deck has been playing RDR2 and flawlessly emulating RDR1 for a year and a half already :monkey5

At the very least it can’t possibly be worse than the remastered GTA Trilogy…

The Steam deck has been playing RDR2 and flawlessly emulating RDR1 for a year and a half already :monkey5
I will take this port over those Fortnite looking bugfests any day of the week.

RDR2 on PC with some mods gives you an amazing "remake" of RDR1, in a way RDR1 has already been partially remade and Xenia has done wonders for emulating RDR1 too.

I'm so happy!!! Not mad it isn't a remake. I gifted my Xbox to my friend and only thing I was sad about was RDR... happy they are giving PS owners that opportunity!

Do we know if the switch version will have a cartridge? I'd imagine it would fit on one, but they could be lazy or cheap.

I don't think we will ever see RDR1 remade in the updated engine and I'm honestly confused why so many people thought it was all but confirmed based on absolutely nothing, it is a shame tho. I think it's the same thing as the Xbox one patched version, probably 30fps too, seems like the only big thing about this port is that it's coming to Switch too.
Definitely disappointed that it's just a straight port. I was not one of the folks who was convinced it would be a remake, but there were clues that pointed in that direction. With a company as closed off as R* we'll never know for sure, but just digging around the gamefiles, the presence of Mexico in the map, and adult Jack's sound clips point to at least some early intentions to do a remaster. These games take a decade to make at this point, so it's possible it was in the plans early on and scrapped. The departure of one of the Houser brothers/ the runaway success of GTA V online, the mess that was the GTA trilogy remaster could all have had an impact.

Anyone that was convinced should reassess how they process information, but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Oh well, it's still a great game as is and more people possibly getting to experience it is a good thing. The way R* treats this franchise does make me concerned for its future (if it exists).

Definitely disappointed that it's just a straight port. I was not one of the folks who was convinced it would be a remake, but there were clues that pointed in that direction. With a company as closed off as R* we'll never know for sure, but just digging around the gamefiles, the presence of Mexico in the map, and adult Jack's sound clips point to at least some early intentions to do a remaster. These games take a decade to make at this point, so it's possible it was in the plans early on and scrapped. The departure of one of the Houser brothers/ the runaway success of GTA V online, the mess that was the GTA trilogy remaster could all have had an impact.

Anyone that was convinced should reassess how they process information, but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Oh well, it's still a great game as is and more people possibly getting to experience it is a good thing. The way R* treats this franchise does make me concerned for its future (if it exists).
I think Mexico was planned for Online at some point but never for the SP mode and the "Jack sound clips" were taken widely out of context as those are still in the game and belong to an NPC that plays poker it's not even the same actor who voiced Jack.
A RDR1 remake was never in the cards for me just going by the way RDR2 was treaded post launch I mean people begged Rockstar for 3 years to get bug fixes and a good looking John model but they never bothered and when they confirmed they would be putting all resources on GTA VI I knew that was it for a RDR2 next gen patch too.

The problem is Rockstar mega fans have a habit of blowing things out of proportion and setting themselves for disappointment, the same thing happened with the GTA trilogy remasters with everyone thinking it would be remakes and whatnot and now it's even worse since everyone grabbed onto the remake narrative and ran with it.
If this was announced out of the blue I'm sure the response wouldn't be as bad as it is now even if it's still disappointing that a PC port is still up in the air and the price is crazy for what they're offering.
Mass Effect remastere trilogy with all DLC, texture and gameplay improvements was only $10 more and I'm sure that TLOU $70 remake probably doesn't look so bad to now to all the people that trashed it.

As far as the future of the franchise I'm not really worried. I never imagined RDR1 would get a sequel/prequel and it turned into one of the best games ever made widely beloved by the majority of people that played it and delivered on everything I wanted even giving me the happy ending I wanted for the Marston family. I'm sure RDR3 will get made at some point but if it doesn't or if I die before that time I will be happy to have played both RDR games.

Last edited:
Back