- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Office - - - Restoring HCG Alien 1:1

Looks really brilliant. You did a fine job but i'm curious with these fixups because you made a great deal eventually. How much did you spend on fixing it?

The alien was about $30 in supplies and 2.5 days of work.

Here are a few photos of the $68 HCG bust.

The dome still needs a few spots smoothed out, but it's coming along. The original sculpt lacks some detail, so I think I can get away with a few minor imperfections. I managed to find all the little shards of the mount tendons and glue everything back together. That was a true feat of patience (while digging through packing peanuts).

I'm adding clear drool to the mouth later today. Have a look.

HOLY SH#T! You do Good Work but I knew that going into that statement Kev, the Alien turned SICK, Impressive Post my Friend WOW!

Thanks Colossus. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Just got the drool on yesterday:

Look who just got finished up. I was bummed to find out I could not fit him in the Besta without disconnecting the hoses from his helmet. Looks very cool with everything attached. In the near future I plan on adding more detail to the hemet and chest box.

This was done with mannequin parts, a custom base, and some used 1:1 armor. The paint finish on the helmet has some imperfections, but it does make for a fun budget-friendly bust anyway.

Last edited:
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Office - - - Tie Pilot Bust

Nice collection. That Jawa is awesome.

Absolutely amazing room man

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

That is a gorgeous Alien bust. How much is it going for these days?

The 1:1 HCG Alien usually clocks in at $12-1600+. Great bust, but they can get a bit overpriced.

If you can find a good deal, it's worth picking up.

Well, I think this should prove to be a fun update. After waiting on chrome parts, buying materials, and finally slaving on this thing…. my custom 1:1 Cylon Centurion bust is finally done.

See WAY MORE photos on my customs thread here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?123547-Kevin-s-Customs-1-1-Cylon-Bust-DONE!/page2

I had been drawing and redrawing how I was going to go about this for awhile. Ultimately, I decided to go for a battle damaged look. These guys always look perfect and shiny, but I wanted something with a little more life. The helmet is removable and wearable. The BSG plaque isn't attached to the bust, so it can be moved around. Check out the pics, excited to get some feedback

PROGRESS…

DONE

Last edited:
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Office - - CUSTOM CYLON 1:1

Thanks evilface. I still have a few touch up, nit-picky things I want to play with.

Well, I think this should prove to be a fun update. After waiting on chrome parts, buying materials, and finally slaving on this thing…. my custom 1:1 Cylon Centurion bust is finally done.

See WAY MORE photos on my customs thread here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?123547-Kevin-s-Customs-1-1-Cylon-Bust-DONE!/page2

I had been drawing and redrawing how I was going to go about this for awhile. Ultimately, I decided to go for a battle damaged look. These guys always look perfect and shiny, but I wanted something with a little more life. The helmet is removable and wearable. The BSG plaque isn't attached to the bust, so it can be moved around. Check out the pics, excited to get some feedback

PROGRESS…

DONE

WHOA! That is Fracking Hardcore Kev, Impressive Work and Very Impressive Post my Friend and that just doesn't seem enough High Praise for this, WOW!

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.

He just barely fits inside my besta, close call.

Very great works bro, awesome custom!

^Thanks! Just got some last minute details on the chest finished. He's a sung fit in the shelves.

Back