Kaustic Plastik Twin Peaks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Threezero is more like $180 which is the category this should fall into.
Ah yeah, the pretty generous company Threezero. Their new The Hound is like $199 because of the body I think. Still lower than any other companies. Threezero doesn’t always come with bases so it is cheaper. With the release of other figures from KP, I don’t think it will be lower than $200. Threezero is an anomaly.

It looks pretty good, all things considered. The paint is a bit on the heavy side and he looks older than the original Coop, but I suppose they'll fix that. The base is cool, but I'm disappointed they didn't go for a Black Lodge type of small diorama/backdrop and instead opted for a corpse. That extra "Laura" will drive up the price as well. Still, better than it could've turned out, and getting TP merch at all in this scale is a small miracle. I hope the end product looks just as good at least. I'll most probably be passing, but it's a neat announcement.

I think they are going to release a coop in two versions a single release and a two pack. With a younger head, from the Instagram teasers and the sideshow ones they are saying "Special agent Dale Cooper" and Dale Cooper and Laura Palmer"

I think they are going to release a coop in two versions a single release and a two pack. With a younger head, from the Instagram teasers and the sideshow ones they are saying "Special agent Dale Cooper" and Dale Cooper and Laura Palmer"
Hm, good call. We'll have to wait and see then.

Tbh Coops hair looks plastic in the show, it’s also one perfect shade of black. There’s no other way to replicate that than what they did unless they went with rooted.

Sculpt is decent, adding Laura is cool, but i’d rather have this Laura, so i’ll pass..

Attachments

• 180C0B24-304D-48A2-BB8D-321E5C8B0A75.jpeg
    180C0B24-304D-48A2-BB8D-321E5C8B0A75.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
The prototype looks ok but very shiny lol, I'll probably buy it mostly because no one else will ever make this. But I'll be sad if the production version can't even match Sideshow's The Dude.

Do we know yet if there are in fact two headsculpts? It could be the lighting but the HS in the first pic looks so dire and honestly I think the one in the latter two looks fantastic. It doesn't look like old coop to me to be honest, which is why I ask. Reminds me more of the QMX malcolm reynolds figure that came with two identical sculpts, except one was good and one was bad

Do we know yet if there are in fact two headsculpts? It could be the lighting but the HS in the first pic looks so dire and honestly I think the one in the latter two looks fantastic. It doesn't look like old coop to me to be honest, which is why I ask. Reminds me more of the QMX malcolm reynolds figure that came with two identical sculpts, except one was good and one was bad
An addendum, after comparing the two the one in the first photo is clearly an old coop headsculpt from S1E2, what threw me off is that I didn't see those deep makeup wrinkles. They're there but barely visible. I hope that gets changed in production even though I personally won't use that sculpt. The tie not being the same and not having an inclusion of the flaming freemason lapel pin makes me wonder why they did the second sculpt at all, although I suppose most people arent as anal as me

The newest pics look pretty good but yes also shiny. I'll have to buy this, no shot we ever see Twin Peaks figures again.
It wouldn't be a hard operation to cover up the hair and eyes with painters tape and hit it with some tamiya dull coat. If the figure comes out shiny that's probably what I'll do

It wouldn't be a hard operation to cover up the hair and eyes with painters tape and hit it with some tamiya dull coat. If the figure comes out shiny that's probably what I'll do

Have to see how these turn out in production. Asta said earlier that the finish of this company's paint photographs differently so probably won't be shiny like that in hand. I hope Cooper turns out well because I almost feel obligated to buy this.

Have to see how these turn out in production. Asta said earlier that the finish of this company's paint photographs differently so probably won't be shiny like that in hand. I hope Cooper turns out well because I almost feel obligated to buy this.
lol I too feel obligated. For years and years my dream 'toy that will never get made' was a 1/6 Cooper. If I didn't get this I would feel like the world's biggest hyppocrite

I can’t express how thrilled I am that this line is getting done it’s just always criminally overlooked

The dead Laura is wonderful I wouldn’t expext much from a suited figure and I have my own stuff already. As someone whos been involved with almost all of the Dale cooper head sculpts produced thus far my man Inigo would be one of my top choices to make one, and you can never go wrong with Dario’s stellar paint work.

Having said that I’m struggling a lot with this portrait. He’s an almost impossible face to capture so I understand the rare miss of this top tier sculptor plus wr don’t know what say the lisencers say.

The fact that kaustic made this at all I simply have a hard time thinking negatively on it. I’ll gladly get it for the Laura alone,

Back