Kaustic Plastik Twin Peaks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really can’t stop looking at Shelly whenever she’s on the scene. She is just my crush watching Twin Peaks. Granted it won’t be made as a figure. But that diner and the uniform is so iconic as a character design.

Imagine choosing anyone but Audrey.

original.gif

They sure don't make shows like Twin Peaks anymore.

9152e80d49c533fc54258ecfc531f4d2.jpg

1gyx1go2r9491.jpg

I would actually love to buy a classic series Dale Cooper and The Giant, and Dougie and Mr. C from the revival.

Also a Bob and a Man From Another World are a must, but I’m not sure how cooperative Michael J. Anderson would be with his likeness.

Does this line have traction?
I know the show was very popular in its time, but it sort of reminds of Lost. I don't mean story-wise, but more so in that it started off hot and then fizzled as it went along. People lost interest. Writers had a good idea, but did not have a clear path as to where it was going. Don't get me wrong I love when companies tackle oddball licenses because it gives me hope for the crap I love that many may not.
Is this even for the original? Seems like that's the want from most, but what if it's for the 2017 series?

I know the show was very popular in its time, but it sort of reminds of Lost. I don't mean story-wise, but more so in that it started off hot and then fizzled as it went along. People lost interest. Writers had a good idea, but did not have a clear path as to where it was going. Don't get me wrong I love when companies tackle oddball licenses because it gives me hope for the crap I love that many may not.
Is this even for the original? Seems like that's the want from most, but what if it's for the 2017 series?
Really hard to tell exactly what they are going to do. It could be a fail because you are right the audience would be pretty small. The Return brought in a wider audience but I think a lot just left again when they realised it wasn’t going to be 2.0 but it’s own thing. Personally I would prefer OG figures but would be open to figures such as Dougie.

Imagine choosing anyone but Audrey.

original.gif

They sure don't make shows like Twin Peaks anymore.

9152e80d49c533fc54258ecfc531f4d2.jpg

1gyx1go2r9491.jpg
I choose Amick sorry! Been trying to find a particular photo of Amick from back in the day, from this photo shoot, but it’s nowhere on the web. Shocking. I might have to go through my errr magazine collection.

EF851A9E-72E0-42BF-876E-3778E5412540.jpeg

Far too early to really say. It's only been a few days and we haven't seen any figures yet.

Is there potential? I think so. This is something I'd be interested in despite it being outside my focus since Twin Peaks means a lot to my spouse and I.

It could just be one figure and that's it. Can't really see them making that many other figures honestly, with what figures cost these days. How many people would be willing to shell out thousands of dollars for a Twin Peaks shelf? Probably very limited.

I am guessing it would be for the original run which would likely have the most appeal to the types of collectors who would be interested. Dale Cooper would be the main figure people would want and Dale was only himself for a tiny sliver of The Return (which I still enjoyed).

I like the idea and I do like seeing out of the box releases but I’m not sure how well this line will actually do. I know there’s a fanbase but it’s still fairly obscure. I feel like it’s something where there would be one or two releases and that would probably be it.

I choose Amick sorry! Been trying to find a particular photo of Amick from back in the day, from this photo shoot, but it’s nowhere on the web. Shocking. I might have to go through my errr magazine collection.

View attachment 587872
54f.gif

Kidding aside I prefer Audrey's "type" more (dark hair, light eyes and skin). Amick reminds me of Natascha McElhone, actually. But she has aged the best out of all the gals, that's true.

I highly doubt this will be The Return. The original show is what has the cult status and is what people would be gravitating towards.
I doubt they’ll go too deep with this either. Could be wrong though.

Aside from this being an obscure line Kaustic Plastik is also rather obscure. I don't think they've done a female figure. They've only recently started venturing into licensed figures. Those, to me, have only been so-so. Wonder how big Twin Peaks was in Italy? Either series?

Aside from this being an obscure line Kaustic Plastik is also rather obscure. I don't think they've done a female figure. They've only recently started venturing into licensed figures. Those, to me, have only been so-so. Wonder how big Twin Peaks was in Italy? Either series?

The original series was huge. Like, super-viral at the times.

Love the original show. Give me my Coop fig, and a dead Laura Palmer head sculpt I can pop on a Phicen body and wrap in plastic.

Back