[KATO WORKS]1/6 Don Draper 60's style suit interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we can get both versions made, and get this project fast-tracked!

What do you think Kato? Two more interested if you can do a 2 and 3 button version...

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel that the MIB suit VERY closely matches Don's suit, especially if it's ammended to 2 buttons. I'm not sure I could find fault with it if it were tailored with the absolutely perfect fabric that Kato has already sourced. There are the vertical seams on the MIB jacket, but I think those would hardly be visible amongst the sharksin fabric. Are you able to point out any aspects of the MIB suit that you're concerned with not matching up with Don's suit (compare the pics of TLJ with those on page 1)?

I love Toria's work, but I honestly think this suit, in sharksin, with 2 buttons, will be perfect!

" There are the vertical seams on the MIB jacket "<=== what does it means pls?

" There are the vertical seams on the MIB jacket "<=== what does it means pls?

I was referring to these seams here:

Untitled-2.jpg

Marf, thanks for clearing that up, I'd been away for a while and it seemed I'd missed something there.

ShortRound, I've sent Kato my deposit. Looking forward to a classic 2-button suit for Draper!

No problem at all, thanks for keeping the ball rolling! :)

Absolutely :lecture:lecture:yess:

Unfortunately Kato will only be offering the 2 button, but if that isn't a deal breaker for you guys, you should hop on. :rock

Pls kindly edit the first page that up to now just Marfmaster and gluff old bear has paid the deposit.

Thx!

Last edited:
Good news, folks!

Though somewhat of a compromise, Kato has agreed to start this project with 7 out of the 10 deposits IF we approve his use of his recently developed Men in Black suit pattern, instead of having him create an all new pattern for Don. This means that he would basically create the Men in Black suit (amended to accurate 2 button, instead of 3) using the accurate "sharkskin" fabric that was teased earlier in the thread.

If you are on the list, satisfied with this direction, and ready to send the deposit, please make it known. I have requested more photos of the MIB suit from Kato for everyone's reference, as well. Once all seven of us are confirmed, we can get started! :yess:

+

Kato.E said:
I'm in, assuming we still get the hankerchief, etc.
Thanks!
Ron

Back