[KATO WORKS]1/6 Don Draper 60's style suit interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damnit, those fabric swatches! Kato's Indy gear is legend.:gah:

it certainly is! I feel super lucky to own the whole set. I really hope we can make this one a reality too! It kato released new white shirts for this, ill have to buy like 5 or 6! once you go Kato, you never go back!:clap

I'm itching to get my draper wrapped up. Without a real top of the notch suit Any draper figure is just going to look cheap. How far are we off from making this happen?

I'm itching to get my draper wrapped up. Without a real top of the notch suit Any draper figure is just going to look cheap. How far are we off from making this happen?

:exactly::monkey2

I believe Hector is going to approach Kato about possibly starting production with 7 NRDs. :pray:

So unfortunately, Kato has made it clear that he will not proceed until he has 10 deposits paid. Those of us on the list need to keep pimping this thread and hope for 3 more, or hope that Toria eventually offers hers with no minimum requirement.

The wait continues...*sigh*

So unfortunately, Kato has made it clear that he will not proceed until he has 10 deposits paid. Those of us on the list need to keep pimping this thread and hope for 3 more, or hope that Toria eventually offers hers with no minimum requirement.

The wait continues...*sigh*

Really sorry, I can't do this one - the PF R2/C3 is a financial black hole (I have never bought a PF before...), and both WGP Indys came in A+ and will need paint.

And... I was a little spooked about what Don Draper would think of me having a Don Draper doll.

I hope you guys get the interest for another three - I would love to see this one all together.

You guys should maybe spread the word about this project. Open a thread on OSW if you haven't yet. Maybe put something on one of the FB 1/6 communities. There's tons of collectors who don't frequent these boards

Good news, folks!

Though somewhat of a compromise, Kato has agreed to start this project with 7 out of the 10 deposits IF we approve his use of his recently developed Men in Black suit pattern, instead of having him create an all new pattern for Don. This means that he would basically create the Men in Black suit (amended to accurate 2 button, instead of 3) using the accurate "sharkskin" fabric that was teased earlier in the thread.

If you are on the list, satisfied with this direction, and ready to send the deposit, please make it known. I have requested more photos of the MIB suit from Kato for everyone's reference, as well. Once all seven of us are confirmed, we can get started! :yess:

mg1744v.jpg

+

Kato.E said:

Last edited:
Isn't the MIB suit 3 buttons (while the Don Draper one shown in the first post is 2 buttons)? Main reason I ask:

If it is a 3 button grey suit that is going to be made, i'll be in for a set.

3 down (myself, Shorty, Ray), 4 to go! I've sent PMs to the remaining 4 on the list. :rock

For $500 I would have wanted this designed from scratch, the Mib suit is awesome but It's not truly Dons suit is it?

You said this yourself Marf in Torias thread..

As you know, "Mad Men" is a period piece, so there are subtle differences in the clothing that are very important to its "authenticity." And since I feel Don Draper's suit is an integral part of his character, I think it is important that these subtleties are accounted for, and executed well.

I hate to be that guy but that is how I feel, how about we all just wait for Torias or see if we can get those last few spots filled and get the suit made properly?

For $500 I would have wanted this designed from scratch, the Mib suit is awesome but It's not truly Dons suit is it?

You said this yourself Marf in Torias thread..

I hate to be that guy but that is how I feel, how about we all just wait for Torias or see if we can get those last few spots filled and get the suit made properly?

I understand where you're coming from, but I feel that the MIB suit VERY closely matches Don's suit, especially if it's ammended to 2 buttons. I'm not sure I could find fault with it if it were tailored with the absolutely perfect fabric that Kato has already sourced. There are the vertical seams on the MIB jacket, but I think those would hardly be visible amongst the sharksin fabric. Are you able to point out any aspects of the MIB suit that you're concerned with not matching up with Don's suit (compare the pics of TLJ with those on page 1)?

I love Toria's work, but I honestly think this suit, in sharksin, with 2 buttons, will be perfect!

Back