[KATO WORKS]1/6 Don Draper 60's style suit interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Can't wait to see this! Happy for you Mad Men fans

Gonna be a fantastic figure with Trevs sculpt :D

BM - yes, Nurse outfit :pray:

I PM'd him earlier today and he said he didn't like that look and that is why he hasn't and won't make one :( Perhaps you can work your magic on him?

I do have to admit I am curious to see how this Draper suit goes though. Is he doing the cuff links too? I've only started the first season this last week and am only 6 episodes in (please tell me this show gets better because its going nowhere fast right now :lol) and thats one thing I've already noticed that could set his shirt apart at the very least from other shirts out there right now. Plenty of big collars already :lol

I've only started the first season this last week and am only 6 episodes in (please tell me this show gets better because its going nowhere fast right now :lol)

My guess is if you don't dig it by that point, you aren't going to.

I had to play catch up and am now into the most recent season.
I find it kind of a unique show. I DO like it but can't explain why. It's possibly because of it's style, production value and attention to historical detail.
There are no "likeable' characters. It's NOT an action show. It's NOT a comedy. Heck, I've even considered whether this is a chick show or a soap opera. It may grow on you, but don't expect many punches to be thrown or mortars to be fired.
Personally not really interested in an "Action" figure of this character or spending $ 500 to throw this suit on a Sean Connery / Bond fig. But, the best to those who will.

Yea I quit Madmen after 2 1/2 seasons, just got bored of the characters. I am interested in seeing how this turns out for Bond figures.

It's a straight forward drama, with little bits of comedy tossed in, not unlike lots of other shows out there. It is compelling because it's about interesting people doing interesting things, and it is well written, directed, and acted. There is conflict, and resolutions of a sort. I disagree about there not being likable characters, though. Every character has flaws, to be sure, but I'm not sure I would like any character that didn't.

It's a straight forward drama, with little bits of comedy tossed in, not unlike lots of other shows out there. It is compelling because it's about interesting people doing interesting things, and it is well written, directed, and acted. There is conflict, and resolutions of a sort. I disagree about there not being likable characters, though. Every character has flaws, to be sure, but I'm not sure I would like any character that didn't.

It's unlike any show I've ever seen. I'm sincere that I DO like it. I think it is a trend setter. When I was younger I used to like "The Paper Chase" and "The White Shadow" to break the monotony of Cop and Dr shows, but they took place within their own era.
With MM, I have a nostalgia for the furniture styles, the wallpaper, the art hanging on the walls, the clothing styles, the musac in the restaraunts, the smoking at the tables and in the bars, the b & w tv shows. I think the last 2 seasons may have a little more regarding some of the social changes of the era (don't want to spoil)

Very well said :duff

My guess is if you don't dig it by that point, you aren't going to.

I slogged through the first two seasons, wondering why people gave two craps about the show, but at some point in Season 3 I decided to finish the whole thing out.

As of now, I don't think the show is as magnificent as everyone says it is, but it's still worth a watch.

Interesting. I'll probably at least finish out the season before I stop (or continue on) to get a fuller picture. I guess I'm just expecting there to be either some long, continuing story arc or like an 'ad of the week' kind of show. There are the bits and pieces of Don's background that keep popping up, but that is about it. And I don't feel the ads are an important part of the show either so I'm not quite sure what the purpose of the show is yet I guess. But I figured if its stayed on as long as it has it must be good. And whenever customs from a show start popping up here, I figure its even better if people are wanting figures from it :lol

Interesting. I'll probably at least finish out the season before I stop (or continue on) to get a fuller picture. I guess I'm just expecting there to be either some long, continuing story arc or like an 'ad of the week' kind of show. There are the bits and pieces of Don's background that keep popping up, but that is about it. And I don't feel the ads are an important part of the show either so I'm not quite sure what the purpose of the show is yet I guess. But I figured if its stayed on as long as it has it must be good. And whenever customs from a show start popping up here, I figure its even better if people are wanting figures from it :lol[/QUOTE]

That's the one part I'm missing here. Of course everyone has his own taste, but in a forum so heavily driven by action and super heros and military & weapons & zombies and monsters, MM does'nt quite fit.

Fashion and style-- yes. Was'nt there a Barbie & Ken as Joan & Don ?
btw Peggy is my favorite character

This forum has a place for everything, and I mean everything. Nothing is out of place on SSF, imo. People buy/create figures because of their love of the source material, it's all about personal taste. I love Mad Men, and I love the character of Don Draper, all the reason I need to want him in my collection.

This forum has a place for everything, and I mean everything. Nothing is out of place on SSF, imo. People buy/create figures because of their love of the source material, it's all about personal taste. I love Mad Men, and I love the character of Don Draper, all the reason I need to want him in my collection.

I love Don....but not enough to buy a tiny $500 suit for him.

Sterling Archer however....

mg1744v.jpg

Interesting. I'll probably at least finish out the season before I stop (or continue on) to get a fuller picture. I guess I'm just expecting there to be either some long, continuing story arc or like an 'ad of the week' kind of show. There are the bits and pieces of Don's background that keep popping up, but that is about it. And I don't feel the ads are an important part of the show either so I'm not quite sure what the purpose of the show is yet I guess. But I figured if its stayed on as long as it has it must be good. And whenever customs from a show start popping up here, I figure its even better if people are wanting figures from it :lol

I started watching from the end of season one and watched it all the way through, then went back and watched the first 3/4's of season one a month or so ago and found it not as good as the rest.

Still mulling this suit, but not sure I can do it. I have held back on the Trevor head and SS paint because I knew the suit was going to be trouble. I looked at the Barbie one, and a couple of others, none were that great. Now here it is, but right as so much other stuff is coming...

Damnit, those fabric swatches! Kato's Indy gear is legend.:gah:

Back