Jazzinc The Batman - Batmobile 1/6 Deluxe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 655083
Ours is actually orange, it's not as red as it looks and the original was also orange. See picture above. As for the weathering, there was a vehicle on set where the art department made it look exactly that weathered. It was later shown in Paris. I will also include that video below. There you can see what we based our weathered version on.

The image above has been color graded - therefore I believe your headlights are the incorrect color.

The movie car didn't have Orange headlights - but were in fact Warm White in color temperature, giving off more of a yellow hue.
There are many images of the movie car(s) which all show the same Warm White color temperature.

I would hope this detail would be easy to update for production models. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1691756739443.png
    1691756739443.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
I sent one of the early production samples to Justin to fulfil his order so he could do a review so everybody knows what’s coming. This is the final product! I am so happy with the review, and that intro is the best he has ever done! It’s epic. Thank you so much, Justin!

This was what made me bite the bullet, and get on the waitlist to preorder both the new, and weathered (both looked amazing and couldn’t decide - did convert, and pre-ordered this morning) Also had to hop on the preorder for the signed edition of the 1989 Batmobile. Fingers crossed for approval from your discussions with Warner Bros. Thank you for doing amazing work for all us collectors, cant wait to receive and review next year.

This was what made me bite the bullet, and get on the waitlist to preorder both the new, and weathered (both looked amazing and couldn’t decide - did convert, and pre-ordered this morning) Also had to hop on the preorder for the signed edition of the 1989 Batmobile. Fingers crossed for approval from your discussions with Warner Bros. Thank you for doing amazing work for all us collectors, cant wait to receive and review next year.
Robert Pattinson Batman GIF by G1ft3d

The image above has been color graded - therefore I believe your headlights are the incorrect color.

The movie car didn't have Orange headlights - but were in fact Warm White in color temperature, giving off more of a yellow hue.
There are many images of the movie car(s) which all show the same Warm White color temperature.

I would hope this detail would be easy to update for production models. Thanks.
Sorry production is already in full swing. This has been approved by Warner Bros

Sorry production is already in full swing. This has been approved by Warner Bros
That is a shame the quite obvious headlight color issue will not get fixed. The solicitation images on the Jazz-inc website at least show Yellow headlights but somewhere along the line they got changed to Orange. A strange decision in my view. I hope there is access to the Orange headlight LED's on the model so they can be swopped out for more accurately Warm White/Yellow colored LED's?

Attachments

• batman_headlights.PNG
    batman_headlights.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
As a fan of the movie and not not someone that has access to any of the WB resources, neither the yellow nor the orange look 100% movie accurate to me. IMO, the headlights would be more accurate with a 2700k warm white bulb, rather than either the yellow or the orange. I also think it would be a bit more accurate if the headlights were a bit brighter, like every other car headlight.

All that said, I get that the lights that were chosen are part of the "theme" of the car, just like the weathering. That is, I assume there's a look that Jazzinc and WB wanted to convey with this product and that was part of the artistic direction. I think that many collectors are going to display this vehicle under some type of white lighting (2700k, 3000k, or other natural lighting), so having orange headlights helps to capture a sense of the movie colors from the chase scenes.

For me personally, warm white headlights really only work for me with an RGB mixer for the display lighting. Given that I'm going to display this with the Inart batman and a custom Bruce Wayne, that's not the color lighting I want to use, so again, I'm good with this. Still, if someone posts a DIY on the headlights and it's an easy and obvious improvement, I'd love to see it.

It looks like a great model. Although Jazz inc have often said they aim for movie accuracy, therefore to my mind I'd expect them to deliver a movie accurate vehicle - or as close as is reasonably possible. Headlight color seems like a easy thing to get right however not in this case. Hopefully the model can be disassembled for a relatively easy fix to further accurize the model. Other collectors I'm sure will be happy to leave small issues like these as standard and will never even notice something is off.

Headlight color isn't a major concern for me as based on the other batmobiles in my collection the lights will be off 99.9% of the time. Even if the lenses are orange they're recessed under the hood so they won't be that noticeable. Plus I think the orange lights just look cooler - they give it a more sinister vibe. But everyone's different.

Last edited:
Headlight color isn't a major concern for me as based on the other batmobiles in my collection the lights be off 99.9% of the time. Even if the lenses are orange they're recessed under the hood so they won't be that noticeable. Plus I think the orange lights just look cooler - they give it a more sinister vibe. But everyone's different.
Same here.

I'm going to be gawking over the engine and the interior. I never found the front of the car to be all that interesting.

That is a shame the quite obvious headlight color issue will not get fixed. The solicitation images on the Jazz-inc website at least show Yellow headlights but somewhere along the line they got changed to Orange. A strange decision in my view. I hope there is access to the Orange headlight LED's on the model so they can be swopped out for more accurately Warm White/Yellow colored LED's?
I really think that has to do with color grading of the different pictures. Again, we followed Warner Bros. direction. Here is another picture we used for reference. Unfortunately, with an edition size of a few hundred units per version, custom colored orange LEDs were out of the question.

Attachments

• 57E11402-FB5C-402C-8566-EBAD418C4508.jpeg
    57E11402-FB5C-402C-8566-EBAD418C4508.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I really think that has to do with color grading of the different pictures. Again, we followed Warner Bros. direction. Here is another picture we used for reference. Unfortunately, with an edition size of a few hundred units per version, custom colored orange LEDs were out of the question.
Hey Joost, just out of curiosity, where did you get that article with the pictures of the 2022 Batmobile?

Apologies, I'm not quite sure what you mean...........
You have shown a reference image with Yellow headlights - then say you couldn't use Orange LEDs - when you clearly have.

My point was that you had used Yellow LEDs already, in your prototype model & solicitation images.
Why not then continue to use the Yellow LEDs in the final model? This would be more accurate than the Orange headlights seen in Justin's review?

To be honest, I'm a accuracy nerd - therefore as long as I can take the model apart to swop them out myself, I'll be happy. :)
Just confused as to the change.

@JazzInc Hey joost very excited to receive my Batmobile, it looks amazing.
Justin mentioned on his review that the remote has some unused buttons that could be programmed later?
If it's not too late to add I think it would be really cool if one button did the complete startup sequence accurate to the scene in the film. Rather than having to time out manual button presses to get the elements to start in the proper sequence, if there was just one button that would do the startup with all the timing predetermined.

As a fan of the movie and not not someone that has access to any of the WB resources, neither the yellow nor the orange look 100% movie accurate to me. IMO, the headlights would be more accurate with a 2700k warm white bulb, rather than either the yellow or the orange. I also think it would be a bit more accurate if the headlights were a bit brighter, like every other car headlight.

All that said, I get that the lights that were chosen are part of the "theme" of the car, just like the weathering. That is, I assume there's a look that Jazzinc and WB wanted to convey with this product and that was part of the artistic direction. I think that many collectors are going to display this vehicle under some type of white lighting (2700k, 3000k, or other natural lighting), so having orange headlights helps to capture a sense of the movie colors from the chase scenes.

For me personally, warm white headlights really only work for me with an RGB mixer for the display lighting. Given that I'm going to display this with the Inart batman and a custom Bruce Wayne, that's not the color lighting I want to use, so again, I'm good with this. Still, if someone posts a DIY on the headlights and it's an easy and obvious improvement, I'd love to see it.
You
do know the headlights were not warm white in the movie don’t you?
Orange is screen accurate , different atmospheric conditions may make them look different.

You
do know the headlights were not warm white in the movie don’t you?
Orange is screen accurate , different atmospheric conditions may make them look different.

I understand the term "screen accurate" to mean how something appears on the screen. Maybe that was the color on one or some of the 4 mule batmobiles, but one could certainly point to several key moments of the film and make the case that the screen is showing white, rather than orange.

Here are a couple of examples:

batmobilelights1.png

Here they look to be the exact same color as all the other headlights.

batmobilelights2.png

And the same color as the headlights on the tractor trailer.

batmobilelights3.png

And here, they just look plain white.

batmobilelights4.png

And white again.

batmobilelights5.png

And white once more.

That's why I posted that wouldn't mind seeing someone post a DIY with brighter, 2700k led white headlights. Not that I'd do it, but I'd love to see this car with those lights that matched the above scenes.

Back