Jazzinc The Batman - Batmobile 1/6 Deluxe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed that the headlights are white. More in the 3000k-3500k range. No way Batman is driving around with straight up orange headlights :lol

I think a distinction needs to be made between the headlights and what I'll refer to as the reddish orange accent lights. The only time I see the accent lights in the headlight area is in the original renders. You'll notice the render vehicle doesn't even have actual headlights. So making the actual headlights orange would be inaccurate. Just my opinion.

Original renders: Orange accent lights across the vehicle without actual headlights.
The-Batman-Batmobile-by-ASh-Thorp-6.jpg

The-Batman-Batmobile-by-ASh-Thorp-5.jpg
The-Batman-Batmobile-ASh-Thorp.jpg

Here is the vehicle with actual headlights and the reddish orange accent lighting:
The-Batman-Batmobile-featurettes.jpg

Here is the vehicle with actual headlights off and reddish orange accent lighting:
The-Batman-Batmobile-featurettes2.jpg

The orange headlights make it look toyish to me so definitely going to mod the headlights on mine to a white light.

@s6001 - Other than replacing the LED's, are you planning on doing anything else with the light grates? Based on Justin's video, it looks like you might have to cut out two of the vertical grates with a dremel or a some other blade to get the light bay size correct.

HeadlightMods.png

I would also probably go with bigger LED's (if they'll fit) and mask them over with a rounded cutout to give the illusion of bigger headlights. Maybe even a clear cover over all of that.

Sounds like a lot of work, if it's even possible. I'm in no hurry to cut up a $1500 limited edition vehicle, but I have no problem watching someone else with bigger cahones do it :ROFLMAO:

@s6001 - Other than replacing the LED's, are you planning on doing anything else with the light grates? Based on Justin's video, it looks like you might have to cut out two of the vertical grates with a dremel or a some other blade to get the light bay size correct.

View attachment 657701

I would also probably go with bigger LED's (if they'll fit) and mask them over with a rounded cutout to give the illusion of bigger headlights. Maybe even a clear cover over all of that.

Sounds like a lot of work, if it's even possible. I'm in no hurry to cut up a $1500 limited edition vehicle, but I have no problem watching someone else with bigger cahones do it :ROFLMAO:
I was concerned about the size of the LED's also, as they are obviously too small. I'm hoping if access can be gained to swop out the LED's, then I can 3D print some headlight bowls & lens' & inner rectangular frame, if required. The headlights also appear to be positioned incorrectly, kinda need to be moved to the right - so the centers are between the vertical grills. Unfortunately there are some oversights on this collectible model that I would've loved seen tweaked before production.

Thankfully, the vertical grills you point out actually appear to be kinda correct-ish (except for the missing rectangular inner frame). :)

1692620219601.png

Last edited:
Seems like approval from WB for accuracy is worth nothing. I think they themselves don't know their own product... well, the movie decisions speak for themselves.

Seems like approval from WB for accuracy is worth nothing. I think they themselves don't know their own product... well, the movie decisions speak for themselves.
I mean I think that's obvious if we just look at what gets "approved" with Hot Toys. Approval from WB doesn't translate to it being the most accurate thing unfornately.

I mean I think that's obvious if we just look at what gets "approved" with Hot Toys. Approval from WB doesn't translate to it being the most accurate thing unfornately.

Point is, as much as I like and support Joost's products, "approval by WB" isn't really a good answer to accuracy issues. I know he works really hard on getting things down accurate as shown with the effort of using official files and getting community feedback. I understand some small things can be missed and correction may not be possible depending on what stage of production is at.

I'm not bothered by the headlights but I can understand when others present their concerns. It's not an inexpensive toy.

Personally speaking, I feel like we owe @JazzInc some love here, or at least, I do. I would hate for anyone to read the last series of posts and think anything less than the man is an absolute genius at what he does. If anything, as @Bleah stated, I think these last few posts about the headlights just goes to show how hard Joost has to work on his own to get all the details so he can roll it up into a working design. That fact that he continuously takes consumer input, creates and modifies a design accordingly, and delivers something that just really takes your breath away isn't a skillset that grows on trees.

Speaking only for myself, I realize that it's always easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, and perhaps this could have been identified by some of us earlier. Unfortunately, I will never do facebook (for a host of reasons), so I can only comment on photos / posts / videos that are posted publicly outside of Facebook.

None of that changes the fact that I am absolutely thrilled to be getting this vehicle.

View attachment 657701

I had no problem with the grill. It's just missing the frame. More important to me is the color, size and placement of the headlights. But since I plan to print the headlights then I might as well print a thinner grill and include the frame. Will figure it out once I get it in hand and see how everything is constructed. I'll just have to control myself and stop at the headlights/grill. If I spend too much time analyzing then I might end up redoing the entire front bumper :lol

Last edited:
Personally speaking, I feel like we owe @JazzInc some love here, or at least, I do. I would hate for anyone to read the last series of posts and think anything less than the man is an absolute genius at what he does. If anything, as @Bleah stated, I think these last few posts about the headlights just goes to show how hard Joost has to work on his own to get all the details so he can roll it up into a working design. That fact that he continuously takes consumer input, creates and modifies a design accordingly, and delivers something that just really takes your breath away isn't a skillset that grows on trees.

Speaking only for myself, I realize that it's always easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, and perhaps this could have been identified by some of us earlier. Unfortunately, I will never do facebook (for a host of reasons), so I can only comment on photos / posts / videos that are posted publicly outside of Facebook.

None of that changes the fact that I am absolutely thrilled to be getting this vehicle.
Absolutely agreed. It goes without saying we're all excited to have this piece as part of our collections. It's a helluva achievement to get such art out into the world. Giant thumbs up for Joost & Jazz Inc for all these projects.

As an accuracy nerd, my personal view is that with these higher resolution images from Justin's review, we can now see some of the more obvious details are missing or incorrect which were not easily visible before. Had they been, these issues could have been called out by the community earlier although it is still surprising they were not picked up at Jazz Inc LLC. It's disappointing for sure but these issues will likely be corrected by collectors, like myself, who are stricken by this accuracy bug. At the end of the day, it is what it is - and will be a great base from which to begin customizing the car.

I realize calling out inaccuracies can sound highly critical but it is always done with the best of intentions & mindset of 'this is an epic collectible, let's make it super-epic'. It probably doesn't get said often enough. Thank you Joost.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a clear photo of the actual Batmobile's side profile? Something is bugging me. :/

Edit: OK, I was watching Justin's video (unfortunately) on the 2022 Batmobile and noticed some things on the side of the car.

1. Should the bottom of the front fender (blue) be higher than the whole side panel (red)? From what I can see from photos found online of the actual car, it seems it should be at the same level. Is that just camera distortion though on Justin's videos?

Screenshot_20230830_171027_Chrome.jpg

the-batman-batmobile-dallas.jpg
afb70c8b-9f4b-4762-ac30-5e44f59e254d-getty-1375488046.jpg
i-always-thought-battinsons-batmobile-had-the-same-size-as-v0-nwl8erezfyk81.jpg
233123_1227331.jpg

2. The exhaust in front of the step bar shouldn't be coming out of the panel. The bottom half should be exposed. You can also see the step bar beside it and not below.

Screenshot_20230830_171756_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230830_171905_Chrome.jpg

I think the bottom panel on the 1/6 2022 Batmobile shouldn't be there at all. Even the Hot Toys one doesn't have it. With that gone, the bottom of the front fender will be leveled with the side panel and giving that sleek side profile that I feel was missing. Looks more accurate to me as well.

1000013303-01.jpeg

Last edited:
These 'obvious' issues are a matter of opinion. Warner bros was very specific. If you look at the first time the Batmobile is shown and the lights go on, they read as orange when the turn on on screen and they wanted 'screen accurate' so orange. As for that panel, again WB was clear. It was in the 3d scan they sent me straight from set. See attachments (with red lines). Being a licensee, I am bound by their final judgement:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 13.27.27.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 13.27.27.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
These 'obvious' issues are a matter of opinion. Warner bros was very specific. If you look at the first time the Batmobile is shown and the lights go on, they read as orange when the turn on on screen and they wanted 'screen accurate' so orange. As for that panel, again WB was clear. It was in the 3d scan they sent me straight from set. See attachments (with red lines). Being a licensee, I am bound by their final judgement:

No disrespect Joost, but I do not feel these two specific issues (headlight color & side chassis area) can be called 'a matter of opinion'.

Your very useful CAD image illustrating the side chassis issue clearly shows how all four movie cars were constructed. However, for whatever reason, it seems JazzInc unfortunately misinterpreted this data and modelled a flat vertical section instead of a slanted panel, that goes underneath the vehicle. (Please see attached image - which shows CAD & real movie car are the same).

Also, you mention the headlight should be orange, as seen in the movie. I can guarantee the movie car headlights were not orange - they were halogen bulbs, which might appear orangey-yellow upon getting power - however as the bulb filament warms up (over the course of a second or two) they become a warm white color temperature (more a subtle yellow, if you will). (Please see attached image - shows halogen bulbs warming up).

Again, I realize these issues will not be changed this late into production - but please don't justify these issues saying WB insisted on them, when they are clearly not movie or design accurate.

1693484507094.png

Attachments

• batmobile_side_issue.png
    batmobile_side_issue.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
No disrespect Joost, but I do not feel these two specific issues (headlight color & side chassis area) can be called 'a matter of opinion'.

Your very useful CAD image illustrating the side chassis issue clearly shows how all four movie cars were constructed. However, for whatever reason, it seems JazzInc unfortunately misinterpreted this data and modelled a flat vertical section instead of a slanted panel, that goes underneath the vehicle. (Please see attached image - which shows CAD & real movie car are the same).

Also, you mention the headlight should be orange, as seen in the movie. I can guarantee the movie car headlights were not orange - they were halogen bulbs, which might appear orangey-yellow upon getting power - however as the bulb filament warms up (over the course of a second or two) they become a warm white color temperature (more a subtle yellow, if you will). (Please see attached image).

Again, I realize these issues will not be changed this late into production - but please don't justify these issues saying WB insisted on them, when they are clearly not movie or design accurate.

468201-batmobile-side-issue.png
I was about to reply to Joost when your post popped up. That's how I read the CAD image as well (it's quite obvious from the cut line of the door). But if it was initially viewed only in profile I can see how it could be missed, both at Joost's end and at WB. Given the complexity of this beast and the various versions used for the movie something was bound to be missed at the end of the day. No one is perfect. It's a bit unfortunate, but not a deal killer for me. Joost's end product is still a spectacular achievement.

Also, you mention the headlight should be orange, as seen in the movie. I can guarantee the movie car headlights were not orange - they were halogen bulbs, which might appear orangey-yellow upon getting power - however as the bulb filament warms up (over the course of a second or two) they become a warm white color temperature (more a subtle yellow, if you will). (Please see attached image - shows halogen bulbs warming up).

View attachment 659665
Again, I've shown you the video and still images we based our decision on (with the WB team) and that was over 9 months ago when we moved into production. Right now, we are close to delivery and nothing can be done. So, even though it was brought up, it was already too late. This is how it is and we followed the WB guideline. As for the slant of that lower panel, that has to do with release angles in the mold as well as structural integrity. Again, it is what it is and cannot be changed.
In your overlay animation, it was suggested that that panel should not be there. It should be, and it's just the angle we're talking about

Again, I've shown you the video and still images we based our decision on (with the WB team) and that was over 9 months ago when we moved into production. Right now, we are close to delivery and nothing can be done. So, even though it was brought up, it was already too late. This is how it is and we followed the WB guideline. As for the slant of that lower panel, that has to do with release angles in the mold as well as structural integrity. Again, it is what it is and cannot be changed.
In your overlay animation, it was suggested that that panel should not be there. It should be, and it's just the angle we're talking about
Thank you for engaging in conversation Joost, it cannot be stated highly enough how refreshing it is to have a conversation with a manufacturer.

Just to be clear, that wasn't my overlay animation, however the animation was certainly correct in suggesting an obvious issue exists in the side-chassis area on the JazzInc model.

If indeed a manufacturing reason was the reason why this side-chassis design was changed, I would have expected this to be made clear to the community prior to approval, as this subject has been bought up time and time again by multiple collectors as the issue is noticed. If I may be so bold as to suggest design changes of this magnitude to be communicated to the JazzInc community during future builds?

I very much look forward to the release of this model and stand ready with my dremel, to adjust and modify the obvious issues upon delivery.

This has been bought up many times with Joost. Unfortunately he doesn't want to acknowledge the problem or fix it.
I'm already planning on cracking open the dremel to fix this.

I don't have Facebook so was it brought up there before?

I agree. I could let the headlights pass since I won't be leaving it on. This, however, for me is a bigger issue because it's out there and more apparent especially if the official CAD files show how it really is.

If the figures here get scrutinized for every minute detail such as spacing of eyes against the eyelids which is not even an accuracy issue, why should this be any different. Such is the world of 1/6 collecting. Accuracy matters. If done right, both parties win and the producer gets highly celebrated for the product.

Again, I've shown you the video and still images we based our decision on (with the WB team) and that was over 9 months ago when we moved into production. Right now, we are close to delivery and nothing can be done. So, even though it was brought up, it was already too late. This is how it is and we followed the WB guideline. As for the slant of that lower panel, that has to do with release angles in the mold as well as structural integrity. Again, it is what it is and cannot be changed

Your interaction and taking feedback from the community are highly appreciated. We really like that. How long ago it was finalized and the process/details shared, the collectors won't catch every detail and no responsibility should fall on them to do so either. They're not working on the end product. Ultimately, the company making the product is responsible for scrutinizing the details and getting it right. WB may care about the product but not to the point or level the collectors do. Will WB really disapprove your product if the side chassis were more correct to the actual car? Either on the high or low end, there are DC products that are questionable. WB already has their money from the companies, what do they care if there are detailed accuracy issues?

Back