JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

I have to admit I've always been more a fan of the Bond character than the movies themselves (with a few exceptions), but this was still way too cool an outfit not to pick up.

Still not sure what I'm going to do about a head for the thing, but I guess I can figure that part out later (I'm assuming even with a repaint, my old Sideshow Connery head will be way too big for this... not to mention cartoony as hell). :p

Ok that settles it. I'm cancelling my Hoth Han and getting a freakin Goldfinger Bond suit instead. :D

I saw your post in the Hoth Han thread and I was thinking "sucker.." but this is a good trade-off. :) I'm in for both - I'd already pre-paid the entire Han figure and I couldn't pass this up, even if it's not a good time as I really need to divert significant funds over to some prototype and manufacturing parts right now.

Happy to see you dumped Hoth Hank! You won't regret it, I promise.

I don't know one way or the other about any one person, but I think a lot of people are going to regret it. I have a strong feeling we're seeing the tide pull out right now and when the figure starts shipping in earnest we'll see the waves come crashing back in.

At least hopping on the Yunsil Goldfinger suit is a great choice.

I saw your post in the Hoth Han thread and I was thinking "sucker.." but this is a good trade-off. :) I'm in for both - I'd already pre-paid the entire Han figure and I couldn't pass this up, even if it's not a good time as I really need to divert significant funds over to some prototype and manufacturing parts right now.

Well to be honest it wasn't really an either/or situation, and I could have easily kept the Han preorder. But after realizing I've already bought or ordered 10 figures this year (and it's only just March!), I decided something had to go.

I definitely don't want to give the impression I'm a Sideshow hater though.

More like just a Sideshow wish-they-were-betterer. :)

Hmm, I wonder if the Goldfinger suit would look good with the fedora from From Russia With Love? I know the Bond purists would probably object, but I still think it'd be a really nice option to have. Especially since it looks so freakin cool on him.

frwl7-main1.jpg Capturdde.JPG

The Trilby hat is a very neat idea, but covering up the toupee of Sir Sean Connery with a hat should just never be done. :lecture (Even if it is a fake miniature version of Sean Connery...)

Hmm, trying to decide if I want to get a bbkill Connery head. I know everyone's been singing it's praises, but as great as the face obviously looks, I can't help but think the head as a whole is a bit too wide and square. Especially for Connery whose head was pretty narrow:

bond.JPG

For those who have it, does it come across a bit wide in person as well? Or is the camera only making it look that way in certain pics?

Well yeah I know he was a bit more gaunt in Dr No, but this is still just looking a bit wide to me for some reason.

b.jpg

Although I must say, if I could get one as beautifully painted as that, I probably wouldn't mind too much. :D

There's really no other option for Connery than the BBkill head. Thankfully thiugh it's close to perfect however much like any head sculpt but specifically with this head from what I've seen. The paint is what makes or breaks it.

I have another very good sculpt. But Chu's, IMO is great. Yes, it's a little bit rounder in the face than it needed to be for Connery, but the likeness is superb. On a good day, Hot Toys doesn't come close to the excellent works being produced by the talented members of this forum - sculpt or paint. :lecture

Is that Connery when he did the aborted 1997 Kevin Mclory produced reboot of Thunderball?

Back