Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the hate for Avatar either, I didn't see it because it didn't look like anything spectacular to me, but everyone I've talked to said it was really good.

Yeah. It's not like this is Transformers 2. :dunno

Didn't that one win the the award for the best movie ever made?

45_1.jpg

the biggest thing that i disliked about this movie was the fight between iron man and war machine. i thought it was too cheesy and the sound effects of them hitting each other was laughable. other than that i enjoyed the movie.

Honestly, I think that "laughable" was the intended effect. They started with a very drunk Tony requesting a cheesy song be played. And yes, the sound effects were cheesy, but I think that was intended as well...mostly because the rest of the movie didnt sound that way. Part of the charm of the IM series is that it doesnt take itself too seriously.

The biggest issue I had with the movie is probably a result of being a chemist. The synthesis of a "new element" made no sense. A new compound, a new amalgam, a new polymer, an new metal...not an element. You wouldnt need an elemental design like Tony's father made. Elements are defined by number of protons (and thus electrons) or atomic number only, and elements 1-92 exist naturally and 92-116 have been synthetically prepared with 117 and 118 being theorized. Also most of the man-made elements have milisecond or less half lives and are only observable for seconds at a time. I would have preferred the introduction of vibranium, or that Stark developed some new metal of some sort.

I agree with that. It was cool that he made a new element, but with only an 11th grade chemistry class for background it didn't make much sense. In fact even the whole scene seemed to not make much sense, why not just point the laser at the target, instead of turning it on when it was aiming somewhere else and slowly turning it cutting through the walls of the house? I think they went with element though since they were using another element for the original reactor. And overall it was a good fun scene so it didn't bother or detract from the movie for me. My reaction was, "That doesn't reall make sen--ooh cooooool!" Yeah, I'm easily entertained.

well l just finished watching both the iron man movies in a row,never saw them before. l watched them on the internet and they were good quality,and l thought they were good movies,the best comic book character movies so far l think.

I agree with that. It was cool that he made a new element, but with only an 11th grade chemistry class for background it didn't make much sense. In fact even the whole scene seemed to not make much sense, why not just point the laser at the target, instead of turning it on when it was aiming somewhere else and slowly turning it cutting through the walls of the house? I think they went with element though since they were using another element for the original reactor. And overall it was a good fun scene so it didn't bother or detract from the movie for me. My reaction was, "That doesn't reall make sen--ooh cooooool!" Yeah, I'm easily entertained.

:lol :lol :lol

Oh dude. Same here! It was just a "say what now?" moment for me. Honestly, I think that the "city of the future" would have been better served as some sort of circuit diagram that allowed Tony to circumvent the Pd (palladium) poisoning since Pd getting fried was the cause of the problem.

Also, I think it would have enhanced the story if they had made the key to the future be vibranium and the diagram was an atomic how-to-guide for making a metal amalgam that would be called "vibranium". Introduce that metal to the universe while making more sense.

Yeah, I was completely expecting Tony to name it Vibranium. But after I thought about it later I think I like that they left it alone. If they ever decide to make a Black Panther movie, or use that character I think it would be best if Vibranium is a rare element only found in Wakanda like comics. Of course I guess Tony could have created it only to discover that it occurs naturally in Wakanda.

Another route I think would have been cool is if Tony discovered a way to make the vibranium adamantium alloy that is used for Cap's shield. His shield could be made of something else in WWII.

Thanks for the enlightenment, those points make sense. Obviously I don't count the trolls because everyone knows what those idiots want to do.

I do think its funny though that Celtic and I are the opposite, if I dislike a movie I have nothing more to say about it really, but if I like it there's more for me to talk about. :lol

Opposites attract. Lets go in the back.....:naughty

haha did you have some kind of makeover becuase i've been saying this forever lol.:clap

So have I...lmao. Thats ALL i've been saying. :monkey1

If you think this thread has been bad take a look at the Avatar one. People posting how they felt it was over rated or hated the movie 10 times a day. They simply couldn't help themselves.

All I commented on was how over ____ing rated the movie was. And if you think that was a small problem...it wasnt. People trying to commit suicide over the damn movie, people getting depressed....it was nuts. TDK was never THAT bad. Bad yes..(And no ____ I know, because I was a part of the whole thing....:monkey) but none of us TDKards tried to kill our selfs to join the great Heath Ledger.....:slap

All I commented on was how over ____ing rated the movie was. And if you think that was a small problem...it wasnt. People trying to commit suicide over the damn movie, people getting depressed....it was nuts. TDK was never THAT bad. Bad yes..(And no ____ I know, because I was a part of the whole thing....:monkey) but none of us TDKards tried to kill our selfs to join the great Heath Ledger.....:slap

Agreed! No TDK fans tried to kill ourselves over the movie. That would have been crazy. I celebrated TDk in a much more sane way. I burned off half of my face and started making all my desicions by the flip of a coin....which by the way can really suck when you gotta pee....

Actually a number of people dressed like the Joker and commited crimes, most notably, a belgian man who murdered a large number of new born babies in a hospital with a knife. So.. yea...

Honestly, I think that "laughable" was the intended effect. They started with a very drunk Tony requesting a cheesy song be played. And yes, the sound effects were cheesy, but I think that was intended as well...mostly because the rest of the movie didnt sound that way. Part of the charm of the IM series is that it doesnt take itself too seriously.

The biggest issue I had with the movie is probably a result of being a chemist. The synthesis of a "new element" made no sense. A new compound, a new amalgam, a new polymer, an new metal...not an element. You wouldnt need an elemental design like Tony's father made. Elements are defined by number of protons (and thus electrons) or atomic number only, and elements 1-92 exist naturally and 92-116 have been synthetically prepared with 117 and 118 being theorized. Also most of the man-made elements have milisecond or less half lives and are only observable for seconds at a time. I would have preferred the introduction of vibranium, or that Stark developed some new metal of some sort.

Yeah, but Bruce Banner turns into the Hulk after being exposed to Gamma Radiation, instead of having hair loss, burns and then cancer?

It's Comic Book science dude :wink1:

It's kind of funny the stuff people nitpick about a truly "comic" movie like IM 2 but Batman landing on a parked car, absorbing a bazooka blast with his perfectly timed tank turbo-boost, monitoring every cel phone in Gotham or finding Maggie Gyllenhal attractive are acceptably "realistic." :lol

And before the Knerds get all high-falootin', it's just a joke. I fully acknowledge the beloved TDK as either the dullest comic book movie or silliest crime drama ever! :rock

Since I didn't name anyone it's funny how you seem to think I was talking about you.

Opposites attract. Lets go in the back.....:naughty

So have I...lmao. Thats ALL i've been saying. :monkey1

5th time today for IM2 in the theater (2nd with wifey) and the movie keeps getting better and better.

Opposite the effect I had with TDK, which borders on being a big pile of yawn for me.

IM (1 and 2) action > than Batman (1 and 2) action any day of the week!

Yeah, but Bruce Banner turns into the Hulk after being exposed to Gamma Radiation, instead of having hair loss, burns and then cancer?

It's Comic Book science dude :wink1:

:lol Im aware. It doesnt make me dislike the movie. I loved the movie! Still, its always better to use more grey area science with wiggle room. There are a 100 different directions that they could have gone with only changing two scenes slightly. That was my only point.

Back