INDY Sketch Cards from upcoming Topps "Heritage" Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, you should have gotten about twice as many sketch cards from 2 full cases (which is SIXTEEN boxes!). But those are pretty nice, though!

Topps really screwed the pooch with this set. Because of that, I'm totally soured on future sets now and I even cancelled the case of KOTCS cards I had ordered.

I am pretty damn happy with the sketches I did get. I was on the fence about buying a pair of cases. I was tracking other people's case breaks on another site. They seemed to be getting good hits, so i dove in. The first case was the worst. I didn't even count parallels I got in the second case because I was pretty pissed off at that time. I did get a Karen Allen auto though so that was a bit of a comfort.

Topps dropped the ball big time on this. I am very hesitant about any KOTCS cases. I guess what it will come down to is how cheap I could score a case, but I am not going to throw money at it. I'll just resort to ebay or whatever to cherry pick the sketches I want (or can afford!)

Hey guys. Well, I got in my one "hobby box" of the Heritage cards this weekend. I opened them last night, and I got one autographed card from Roshan Seth, who played "Chattar Lal" in Temple Of Doom.

RoshanSethautographcard.jpg

Pretty cool since this is the first autographed card I've ever got. Sure, I would have loved the Harrison Ford one...but we all know how SUPER RARE that one is! Even Karen Allen, or John Rhys-Davies would have been great too. But I'm happy to get this one. But, I still may try to sell it on eBay, and see what I can get for it. Because I didn't even get ONE full set of the base 90-card set in my entire box! I could only afford to buy one box, not a case. I was hoping for at least one friggin' set of the base cards! :confused:
:banghead:mad:

I did also get one of the numbered gold paralled cards. I got the card number #37 from "Temple Of Doom" called "The Magnificent Pankot Palace". It is number 476/500 on the back of it.

PankotPalacecardback476of500.jpg

I also got the promo card "P2" called "The Great Discovery" showing Indy and "Mutt" on it. I guess it's not a "special" card, but cool to get it anyway. I'd like to get the other two promo cards from KOTCS, P1, and P3. Anyone have extras of those? Please let me know! Thanks!

IndyKOTCSP2promocardfront.jpg

IndyKOTCSP2promocardback.jpg

I didn't get one sketch card. I was hoping for at least one. But I know there is no guarantee of getting any special cards in one hobby box. Now, I know there's no guarantee of getting just one complete 90-card base set either! That's what really sucks for me! I remember buying one full box of cards for movies and being able to make 2 or 3 base sets. I'd keep one and give the other sets to friends. Not this time! I did get some duplicate cards. Here are the duplicate cards I got. If anyone out there needs them, let me know. Maybe we can trade for the cards I need to make one complete base set.

Here are the duplicate cards I have:

card numbers: 5 (I have two extras), 6 (I have two extras), 13 (I have two extras), 14 (I have two extras), 16, 21, 22, 23, 24 (I have two extras), 25, 29, 30, 32, 34, 37, 38, 40, 41, 43, 44 (I have two extras), 48, 51, 54, 55, 56 (I have two extras), 60, 66 (I have two extras), 71, 79, 80, 86, 89. So I ended up getting 40 extra duplicate cards in one "hobby box"! :confused: Gee, I woulda loved some of those to at least have been the cards I needed for the base set.

Here are the cards I need to make one complete base 90-card set:

card numbers: 2, 10, 20, 46, 47, 58, 59, 63, 68, 73, 76, 81, 82, 83. So, I need 14 cards to make the 90-card base set. If any board member out there has these cards, and will trade them with me...that'd be great! :D I can trade you for some of the duplicate cards I have if you need them. Please e-mail me, or send me a Private Message on this board. Thanks! :D

I am, like most of you, VERY disappointed to not have got at least one complete base set of cards after buying one box of cards. I guess there are just NO guarantees anymore!

The P2 card is one of the box topper cards. There is 3 of them in the set.

Man, all this stuff you all are reporting makes me very happy I bought my cards the way I did. The only thing I need to get is the retail sticker/magnet set.

The P2 card is one of the box topper cards. There is 3 of them in the set.

Man, all this stuff you all are reporting makes me very happy I bought my cards the way I did. The only thing I need to get is the retail sticker/magnet set.

What was the way you did Josh? Did you buy a case? Do you have any extras of the cards that I reported I needed in my last post? Please let me know. Thanks!

What was the way you did Josh? Did you buy a case? Do you have any extras of the cards that I reported I needed in my last post? Please let me know. Thanks!

I bought a master set on ebay. I got the full base set, 1 sketch card (seller's choice), all 3 box toppers, and 1 parallel card (/500) all for $30 shipped.

Edit: I do apologize as I've mentioned this several times in this thread but I can't tell you how close I was to buying a case.

I bought a master set on ebay. I got the full base set, 1 sketch card (seller's choice), all 3 box toppers, and 1 parallel card (/500) all for $30 shipped.

Edit: I do apologize as I've mentioned this several times in this thread but I can't tell you how close I was to buying a case.

That sounds like a better deal that I paid for! I paid about $50.00 for a "pre-order" for one "hobby box" on eBay, and you saw what I got. So, Josh, do you have any extras of those cards that I need? Please let me know. Thanks again! :D

That sounds like a better deal that I paid for! I paid about $50.00 for a "pre-order" for one "hobby box" on eBay, and you saw what I got. So, Josh, do you have any extras of those cards that I need? Please let me know. Thanks again! :D

Yeah, it was a pretty good deal. I made sure to jump on it quite fast. Sadly, since its just what I bought I don't have any cards to offer right now. I might buy a pack or two if I find them locally but right now I have nothing to offer. Irish I think might have some extras from his case that he can work a deal with you on.

Here are the cards I need to make one complete base 90-card set:

card numbers: 2, 10, 20, 46, 47, 58, 59, 63, 68, 73, 76, 81, 82, 83. So, I need 14 cards to make the 90-card base set. If any board member out there has these cards, and will trade them with me...that'd be great! :D I can trade you for some of the duplicate cards I have if you need them. Please e-mail me, or send me a Private Message on this board. Thanks! :D

Let me check my duplicates tonight or tomorrow. I can probably hook you up with most (if not all) of the cards you need.

Let me check my duplicates tonight or tomorrow. I can probably hook you up with most (if not all) of the cards you need.

Thanks Irish! I really would appreciate your help. I am working out a trade now with board member "photoshopmagician" to get cards: 2, 10, 20, 73, 81, and 83 that I need from him. So, then I would still need to get the following cards from you Irish, if you have them. I would still need cards: 46, 47, 58, 59, 63, 68, 76, and 82. I hope that you have them, and can send them to me. If you do have them please send me a PM, and I'll give you my complete name and mailing address. Thanks again for your help IrisihJedi! :D

No problem. Pretty sure I do have most (if not all of those) that I can part with.

I'll also throw some additional complete base sets together if any other fellow Freaks want one for about $10 shipped.

Thanks Irish! I really would appreciate your help. I am working out a trade now with board member "photoshopmagician" to get cards: 2, 10, 20, 73, 81, and 83 that I need from him. So, then I would still need to get the following cards from you Irish, if you have them. I would still need cards: 46, 47, 58, 59, 63, 68, 76, and 82. I hope that you have them, and can send them to me. If you do have them please send me a PM, and I'll give you my complete name and mailing address. Thanks again for your help IrisihJedi! :D

If he doesn't have them, let me know I might...

Thanks "MadCow"! I'll keep in touch and will let you know if Irish doesn't have the other cards I need.

Why couldn't Topps have put at least 1...one...base set in a box?!

Okay, so I have FIVE extra sets for Freaks who need them. $10 shipped.

JediMike71, I've got the cards you need.

Thanks Irish! Please send me a PM, and we'll go from there. I will give you my full name and address in a PM reply to you. :D

Back