Blitzway Will Take some Turf from Hot Toys (This is a long one)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order for Blitzway to compete with HT they'll have to show they can release multiple figures in the same year, and not just two.

This. Durden is what..their 2nd 1/6 in 3-4 years? That isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:
I bet he was stroking a Blitzway doll as he typed that up.

I know I was......

And since all of us essentially check this dolly forum regularly, we should applaud his passion and dedication to the topic.....

I thought it was a good post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you think back to when HT started and the lack of comic book films being made then, you can see why they started with licences such as Terminator, Alien and Predator. Now there must be 5 CBM releases per year and HT can barely keep up with that. Add Star Wars into that and I'm amazed they're even doing the BTTF figures or Alien Ripley.

I would love for HT to go back and give us another Kyle Reese or some Aliens Marines, but I do feel that these older licences just aren't selling that well now. That BD Robocop figure is still in stock and discounted heavily in places. Marty and Doc exclusives still haven't sold out.

Hopefully HT releases some of these licences and another company can pick them up.

I read the post. Full of passion, but I disagree with the OP's arguement:

Hot Toys has most of the power licenses for 1:6 scale.

Hot Toys has the reputation (good and bad).

Hot Toys has the years under their belt.

Hot Toys has *most of the top artists (other Companies and Customizers have access to great artisans and skill but on a much smaller scale)

Hot Toys is in bed with Sideshow --- the largest distributor in North America.

Nevertheless, I buy figures from any Company that offers the figure I want.

I'm glad Big Chief is rising in statue and output. I agree there needs to be someone to pick up some fan favorites that are falling between the cracks.

But we are also a hobby that attracts brand loyalists ("I only buy Marvel comics" "Marvel sucks I only buy DC") There is a lot of Sideshow bashing by 1:6 collectors.

I know I was......

And since all of us essentially check this dolly forum regularly, we should applaud his passion and dedication to the topic.....

I thought it was a good post.

Thanks Xipotec...I definitely had some stuff on my mind and knew that the length of my post would alienate some readers. Glad there were some out there who got a little something out of it. Thanks again!

Already stated: Ht has the top licenses, best sculptors, distrib relationship w/ SSC, tons of built up cred, and they release a bunch of stuff every yr.

BW has less room for error. Others have been doing it slowly but you have to go where HT wont: wrestling, music, MLB, NFL. They jump a few rungs in an instant by doing 4-5 really good matrix figures. It's the last mainstream glaring omission.

Already stated: Ht has the top licenses, best sculptors, distrib relationship w/ SSC, tons of built up cred, and they release a bunch of stuff every yr.

BW has less room for error. Others have been doing it slowly but you have to go where HT wont: wrestling, music, MLB, NFL. They jump a few rungs in an instant by doing 4-5 really good matrix figures. It's the last mainstream glaring omission.

Speaking of sports figures I wish one of these companies would try their hand at football. Love to see a quality 1/6 Lionel Messi, the greatest player of this generation, and some great players from the past Pele, Maradona, Cruyff etc. The most global sport has no company making high end figures. Seems a staggering oversight.

Are these not any good?:
vwsryb.jpg

I read the post. Full of passion, but I disagree with the OP's arguement:

Hot Toys has most of the power licenses for 1:6 scale.

Hot Toys has the reputation (good and bad).

Hot Toys has the years under their belt.

Hot Toys has *most of the top artists (other Companies and Customizers have access to great artisans and skill but on a much smaller scale)

Hot Toys is in bed with Sideshow --- the largest distributor in North America.

Nevertheless, I buy figures from any Company that offers the figure I want.

These are great points and I actually agree with what you are saying here. Just based upon output alone I imagine that over the next 2 years Hot Toys will take a lot more money from me than Blitzway. The only thing that I would contest is that K.A. Kim has created some truly iconic work for Hot Toys and is now doing the same for Blitzway...I wonder if other sculptors will follow suit just for a challenge and change of pace...if you have grown tired of sculpting say Chris Hemsworth's face the challenge of sculpting Bill Murray may be a welcome change!

I'm glad Big Chief is rising in statue and output. I agree there needs to be someone to pick up some fan favorites that are falling between the cracks.

But we are also a hobby that attracts brand loyalists ("I only buy Marvel comics" "Marvel sucks I only buy DC") There is a lot of Sideshow bashing by 1:6 collectors.

Agreed, HT are big enough as it is, i'm all for other companies getting a piece of the 1:6 market. Healthy competition and all that.

I think Blitzway seems like a great company. I won't know for sure until my Egon Spengler arrives but everything I've seen looks decent. I'll probably always prefer hot toys because while I love film, tv, and comic books, a lot of my passion for figures comes from superheroes and hot toys has that market cornered. But really, like most of you, I simply get whatever I want. For me, it's all about budget and payment options. Hot toys is often releasing through sideshow so I can flexpay most of their stuff. That's important for me because i'm on a budget. It's why I've dipped into Star Ace and ThreeZero. I couldn't get Blitzway Spengler until I saw the deal at Flossie's website. Hot Toys will probably always win because they've found ways to make their expensive product inexpensive for many of collectors who have kids, wives, mortgages, etc. to deal with.

Back