INDY Sketch Cards from upcoming Topps "Heritage" Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I'm so upset right now!:monkey2

I bought an entire hobby box and didn't get 1 thing!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2

I pulled no parallels, no autos, no sketch cards, and on top of that I didn't even pull an entire set:monkey2

So dumb and disappointing.

Is she a user here?

Not sure if she has an account, but she lurks.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I pulled no parallels, no autos, no sketch cards, and on top of that I didn't even pull an entire set:monkey2

Man, that really sucks! But I can see how that's possible. I bought an entire case (8 boxes)... and 2 boxes were just like yours.

Topps really screwed this up. :mad:

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Topps used to have great collation in their boxes, but with the advent of chase cards in the early 90's, it all went to heck! They actually got back to better collation in the early part of this decade because of complaints, but you have to remember, the collation is being done by automated machines in some cases, and they can pick up more than one card and insert it into a pack or box, leaving the next box empty. It's not a perfect science, but they try to get an average collation per box. Just one more reason why I got out of trading cards a few years ago. Sorry for your bad luck.

The odds of pulling something just got to be so insane it wasn't worth it. If you wanted to pull something rare you had to spend $10 a pack for the top level cards. It took a ton of money to make sets because of this fact.

Your absolutely right on that mark. I stopped collecting cards because it just became too expensive and too hard to get good cards. I just love Indy so much and haven't bought cards in so long, I thought I'd give it a shot. haha

Your absolutely right on that mark. I stopped collecting cards because it just became too expensive and too hard to get good cards. I just love Indy so much and haven't bought cards in so long, I thought I'd give it a shot. haha

I thought about it too. In the end I just opted out for buying a set online. I spent $30 and got the base set, 1 sketch card, one of the parallel cards, and the box topper set.

Two cases and these were the only sketch ones I got. I am crest fallen. My first case only had two sketch cards, but 12 parallels. Parallels, why did it have to be parallels?

indy_sketches218.jpg

Yeah, you should have gotten about twice as many sketch cards from 2 full cases (which is SIXTEEN boxes!). But those are pretty nice, though!

Topps really screwed the pooch with this set. Because of that, I'm totally soured on future sets now and I even cancelled the case of KOTCS cards I had ordered.

Yeah, you should have gotten about twice as many sketch cards from 2 full cases (which is SIXTEEN boxes!). But those are pretty nice, though!

Topps really screwed the pooch with this set. Because of that, I'm totally soured on future sets now and I even cancelled the case of KOTCS cards I had ordered.

You see... this is why I got out of trading cards... too much drama! (Not like collectible statues! :D :monkey3)

Yeah, I hear ya.

I was just expecting MUCH better from Topps with this set. I "only" bought one full case (8 boxes), but I feel totally ripped off. I can only imagine how people like 200man and others who bought even more than I did feel. I know of a guy who ordered 8 cases(!!) and he didn't end up with much of anything worth crowing about. That is inexcusable.

Conversely, I only ordered one BOX (24 packs total) of their "HEROES" cards, yet I not only got a complete set of base cards, I got all but one of the special foil character inserts and, get this... a Claire Bennett/Hayden Panetierre costume card! :google

Compared to that, the INDY HERITAGE set is a complete and utter... fiasco (there's that word again). :monkey3

Conversely, I only ordered one BOX (24 packs total) of their "HEROES" cards, yet I not only got a complete set of base cards, I got all but one of the special foil character inserts and, get this... a Claire Bennett/Hayden Panetierre costume card! :google

Nice! :ccheerlea

Back