Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarthNeil

Sex and The city beat it and was #1 the week it came out, check your facts.

And I think your taste is caca so we are even.

DarthNeil

Sex and The city beat it and was #1 the week it came out, check your facts.

And I think your taste is caca so we are even.

Wow... A new movie with a built-in audience of women 20-50ish beat Indy in its second week--- and then fell far behind it the following week.

There's THE fact. :Flush:whip

I find it odd that anyone would conjure box office results as ammo against the movie considering it's already made close to $600 million worldwide and may very well be the #1 movie of the year. :huh

Take a seat Irish-- Let me field this one.

:clap Well done, Neil.

You missed a nit, though, so I'll pick it up:

This was sheer laziness -- from the
asinine script development all the way through to John William's utterly
forgettable and regurgitated score (he re-used the Grail theme? Huh?)

Forgettable? Arguable, at best. Regurgitated? No.

The "Grail Theme" is not used in KOTCS. However, the "Illumination Theme" (Henry's Theme) is... and it's purposely (and fittingly) used twice: When Indy looks at the photo on his desk and then at the end when Indy explains to Mutt that "knowledge was their treasure".

I suppose Williams was also lazy to "regurgitate" the Ark theme during the Hangar 51 sequence, too.

To The Josh:

You called me a newb - I have a life and don't post
over 32,000 posts of masturbatory Sideshow-loving crap

To Irish Jedi and Darth whatever your name is

Phantom Menace made almost 1 billion worldwide and
it's one of the worst movies of all time.

To kl241thx1138: You're the one who brought box office results into this, not us. You used "Sex And The City" outgrossing KOTCS over a weekend as part of your argument against the movie and a good thing. No sense back-peddling now that your logic has been parlayed with facts.

Yet with having such an awesome life you take the time to respond :lol Thnx I can now add 1 more post to my record and I don't beat off to stuff about SS but I did to your post. :rotfl

Whatever floats your boat. :lol

To The Josh:

You called me a newb - I have a life and don't post
over 32,000 posts of masturbatory Sideshow-loving crap

To Irish Jedi and Darth whatever your name is

Phantom Menace made almost 1 billion worldwide and
it's one of the worst movies of all time.

Neil Diamond.

Neil-Diamond-Posters.jpg

Neil Armstrong.

NeilArmstrongMoon.jpg

Neil Young.

039_25066~Neil-Young-Posters.jpg

Neil (from the Young Ones:D)

lookalike_s_neil.jpg

Hope that helps.:peace Thanks for keeping things friendly.

Neil Diamond's new album is really good, it is a companion album to his last record 12 Songs. You will dig it.

Not to give the haters something else to latch onto but was anyone else shocked that none of the bad guys ended up getting minced in the blades of that giant Russian tree cutting vehicle? I thought that would be a given in the tradition of the German mechanic/propeller and Slave Master Thuggee/rock grinder. :D

Khev, when I heard about the russian jungle cutter, I was really excited. I pictured Indy on top of it, going through Russians one by one, even the pic on the hasbro box looked awesome. And here comes the movie and nothing, it was totally wasted. I agree with you. Another failed attempt. And here is Frank D.'s scene in the warehouse from his script, notice he praises Spielberg, he shouldn't anymore, Frank is probably laughing his ass off and breathing a sigh of relief that his name wasn't associated with this train wreck of a movie.

THE CHASE (INSIDE THE HANGAR)
... and it is a maze, the world's biggest, stuffed with
everything you can imagine, creating "roads" in countless
directions — but no obvious way out. Indy drives like a
maniac, turning this way and that, looking for an exit —
— while the jeeps hurtle along on parallel or intersecting
courses, trying to hem him in; one moment converging, the next
being forced to split off in different directions (giving Mr.
Spielberg the opportunity to stage the most breath-takingly
outrageous near misses every put on film!). GUNFIRE IS ERUPTING
from all directions as men in jeeps or on foot try to kill
Indy or shot out his tires.

I've been around too long I guess. I knew that both the jungle cutter AND the rocket sled were going to be "thrown away" quickly. Back in the 80's, they would have milked that stuff for all it's worth.

Nowadays, they just throw it in a shot or two to justify the toys.

Eh, I think I actually like the simpler chicken scene better.

Me too. I like the Hangar scene just the way it is. Rocket Sled and all. I think it works perfectly and might be my favorite sequence in the entire film.

Maybe the one thing they could have done (which is in the novel) is show Indy actually seeing the Ark once it's been exposed. In the novel, he sees it, says something like "Well, I'll be damned" and then the chase quickly continues.

Back