Roger Rabbit; Eddie Valiant's Toon.38 Six Shooter and Dum-Dum Bullets Prop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mondragon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Eddie Valiant's Toon .38 Six Shooter and Dum-Dum Bullets
5zr1vb.gif

Great Sixth Scale figures, although that Six Shooter Eddie Valiant Toon .38 Pistol and Dum-Dum Bullets really fascinates me.
Is that a prop replica (licensed?)
Third party?
Your own custom?
Can they be loaded into the cylinder? (hats off?) ? :lol
If there is a thread where you discus it please link me to it.
Looks great!
5zr1vb.gif

Although I'm not sure how, but those 6 character bullets should have somehow gotten their own spin-off cartoon and adventure (maybe with Yosemite Sam since it was a his gift). I know three of them were voiced by western staples, Walter Brenean, 2 Disney voice over greats, (Andy Devine/Friar Tuck, Pat Buttram/Sheriff of Nottingham), and we heard the Indian Chief bullet, (not sure who voiced him) yet never got to hear the Civil War vet. bullet, or the shifty eyed Bandido bullet talk. I need to see more of them in action.:wink1:

Inspired by Madball's display. I didn't know existed, couldn't find a thread for it, and I thought it deserved it's own, as it looks like there are a few builds out there:

From prop replica (licensed?
Third party?
And customs?
Don't know if any can be loaded into the cylinder? (hats off?) ? :lol
Anyone who has (or made) a set, or any more info on any of these would be great.
Or just to discuss the scene and characters :wink1:

A Worth point offer
5ztf3o.jpg

Set at Twitter
DX3vuCWU0AAF1Sw

PropShopFX
16665139_1227275183974674_6621866850042000260_o.jpg
672fh6.jpg

These seem a bit sharper , with some heavy line detail really brings them out.
vmsyTws.jpg

An old lot at Propstore auction...
224863_0.jpg

apparently at some point the actual prop went up for action:

Last edited:
Some focus on the 6 unique characters: They didn't all get much screen time, yet had a great presence:

5zsypd.gif

5zt5s1.gif

MV5BOGY0ODBiNGMtNjFhMS00ZjI4LWJiNDktMzk4OWIzZjYxOWMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

5zsv7q.jpg

Other than their voice actors, as far as I know they didn't have names, so I'm giving them some for reference.
Three of them were played by Western staples, and 2 classic Disney voice alums (don't hold me to those voices as IMDB seems to suggest some were people impersonating those classics voices)
From L to R The Six characters; :

The Stogie - on the count of his big cigar, voiced by Pat Buttram Sheriff of Nottingham (Disneys Robin Hood), Napoleon (the hound dog) in The Aristocats, Luke (muskrat) in The Rescuers, Chief (hunting dog) in The Fox and the Hound, and famously Eustace Haney in Green Acres TV series.

The Rebel - Civil War vet. (I'm assuming that's a gray cap), he did not have any lines or voice actor.

The Buckaroo - In the Tom Mix tradition; 10-gallon high-hat, neckerchief and western-bib shirt, and Voice of Walter Brennan; Old Man Clanton in My Darling Clementine, most famously as Stumpy in Rio Bravo, known for often playing the sidekick or the "grumpy old man" in westerns.

The Chief - Got a fantastic war cry (although as far as I know un-credited) and his own little action scene vs the bottle.

Whiskers - Voice of Andy Devine - Cookie the sidekick of Roy Rogers, played Friar Tuck in Disneys Robin Hood, Famously Buck in Stage Coach, and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - Marshal Link Appleyard.
He steers the other Dum-Dums (either by accident or by choice?) in the wrong direction. :lol

Bandido- Also no dialogue, yet a great presence, with his shifty eyes, with his bandanna, bandoleer, and large sombrero I'm calling him the Bandido :wink1:

LOL some of these (sadly) likley wouldn't fly in today's climate, still think they were great classic western character types! Which is what they were going for.
They actually remind me allot of Ricochet Rabbit's impossible bullets, yet with distinct personalities.
Would have loved to see them in their own spin-off cartoon, or episode.
lf

Production Cel (Walt Disney/Amblin, 1988) ^
Although they were further shaded and rendered in the finished product, it's amazing to recall these still started as hand drawn 2D cels...
These characters look great in simple line art form, and really should have got their own cartoon

Replying here since they now have their own thread:
God I loved those bullets! Is that weird to say?
Well you are quoting someone who wants to see them get their own show, who is quoting someone who literally owns them as display prop. So i'd say you are in good weird company. :lol
Pat Buttram is my favorite. He had an amazing voice and it was constantly put to great use. I loved his line in BTTF3 “everybody everywhere will say that Clint Eastwood is the biggest yellow belly in the west “
Never saw BTTF3, but I would imagine as always his voice was instantly recognizable .

Here are Pat Buttram (Sheriff of Nottingham) and Andy Devine Friar Tuck sharing another Disney voice over work together in Robin Hood-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5U461i2M6c

Before they were bullets!

Last edited:
I remember the propstore auction. I have a long history with this movie as a kid I used to watch it on vhs all the time we had a case with a bunch of movies and I used to pick them out and watch them over and over this was one of them so to have this set and Jessica rabbit PF from SS is a dream
9D6F9DF3-32ED-4D71-A054-9227CE7C4C58.jpeg
3798D1E4-13C2-43EF-98AE-2AAB8F30C83B.jpeg

That incredible Jessica sculpt deserves her own thread.:wink1:

I remember the propstore auction. I have a long history with this movie as a kid I used to watch it on vhs all the time we had a case with a bunch of movies and I used to pick them out and watch them over and over
3798d1e4-13c2-43ef-98ae-2aab8f30c83b-jpeg.553783
...View attachment 553783

84xk7o.gif

7hk6qm.gif

7hk76f.jpg

Love that set. does it have the Yosemite Sam dedication plaque?

-"Thanks for getting me out of the Hoosegow", from the Spanish/Mexican; Juzgado meaning "judged" as in by the law. Pronounced loosely in slang as juzgao, heard in English as Hoosegow. 🤠

7hk6zw.gif

With such a brief moment on screen, so much "character"and personality put into all 6, even just sitting there in the box.
Be it Yosemite or Valient holding the six shooter, I can imagine a whole animated show done entirely from their POV.
Sadly a cartoon using caricatured bullets , likely wouldn't fly today.

Last edited:
Back