Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess drinking from the Holy Grail is powerful enough to instantaneously heal a bullet wound but, can't do jack at healing the body from voodoo torture. You learn something new every day!
Ooh, good call. So any lasting effects from his TOD ordeal would have had to have been mental only, which still lines up with the dialogue in DOD.

I guess drinking from the Holy Grail is powerful enough to instantaneously heal a bullet wound but, can't do jack at healing the body from voodoo torture. You learn something new every day!
Oh it healed him until he walked past the threshold and outside with his dad ,Sallah and Marcus. The after credits scene for TLC which was later shelved by Spielberg was Henry Sr bleeding out on the horse riding off into the sunset.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Did they use the Volume for this?
Well the press seemed to indicate a lot of practical effects but imdb has over 300 vfx artists credited including a lot of volume type people, ie virtual production that sort of thing so I would suggest you are right. Like most vfx these days it was very inconsistent sometimes perfect and invisible other times glaring obvious a couple of people on a stage with a virtual background.

It's funny, Disney wrote up a wiki entry for this movie and of course are touting the great success as Indy's 2nd biggest opening weekend ever -- then quietly in brackets (not adjusted for inflation)

For context KOTCS earned $100 million it's first weekend in 2008 which would be the equivalent of $141 million today.

DOD just made $60 million. Ouch.
Of course if KOTCS had never been made we might have headed to theaters for DoD in numbers akin to TGM. A LOT of us wrote this off based on what happened 15 years ago. That was quite a handicap to overcome.

Of course if KOTCS had never been made we might have headed to theaters for DoD in numbers akin to TGM. A LOT of us wrote this off based on what happened 15 years ago. That was quite a handicap to overcome.
Very true. KOTCS showed the world that Indy wasn't a sure thing and in many people's minds this film appeared to be nothing more than "KOTCS but with an even more elderly Indy."

Very true. KOTCS showed the world that Indy wasn't a sure thing and in many people's minds this film appeared to be nothing more than "KOTCS but with an even more elderly Indy."
As I recall when this was announced we had a field day in this thread suggesting titles in the vein of Indiana Jones And I've Fallen And Can't Get Up. It rivaled the BoBF thread for a while there lol.

As I recall when this was announced we had a field day in this thread suggesting titles in the vein of Indiana Jones And I've Fallen And Can't Get Up. It rivaled the BoBF thread for a while there lol.
Yep. :lol

That's another thing DOD had to deal with; general anti-Disney/LFL sentiment based on the last few years of their handling of Star Wars from the ST to BOBF to Obi-Wan to Lizzo, lol.

Still seeing discussion on the film's box office now that it's out. It's in the world guys, time to look forward to the digital release and bluray, and Christmas rewatch for the rest of our lives.

Still seeing discussion on the film's box office now that it's out. It's in the world guys, time to look forward to the digital release and bluray, and Christmas rewatch for the rest of our lives.
Yes, don’t people sometimes do Christmas in July? Great timing, it will probably be streaming on Disney+ next week

Ant-Man 3 hit theaters February 17th and Disney Plus on May 17th. So if the same holds true for Indy we'll be able to watch DOD at home around September 30th (or sooner depending on how quickly it leaves theaters.)

Back