Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep they're all about maintaining their "brand" with the same hivemind that they love to accuse others of having. There's literally no reason whatsoever to click on their videos because I know exactly what each one of them will say every single time and it is neither insightful nor entertaining. I'm now convinced that they would have absolutely hated ANH Leia, STM Lois, 1979 Ripley, Raiders Marion, CTB Valeria, and so on if those movies had come out today.
Yeah no doubt Khev.

Like I legit feel bad for screamingmetal, a super cool forum member not unlike us with our tastes but who is now frustrated enough with the reports and video commentaries that he is just raising the surrender flag.

Yes Mission Impossible might give us the young prime Indy we wanted but Indy is Indy we can’t change that.

I just have no interest in seeing a complex deep character dive with Professor Henry Jones jr. and The Dial of Destany,
I'm fine with a change in tone as long as it's done well (which I believe was the case with DOD but obviously opinions vary.) If SW never dared to switch gears we would have never gotten ESB. Same with the difference between say Rocky IV and Creed II. Mostly the same characters and conflicts but with each having a different feel that you can revisit and enjoy depending on your mood. Nothing wrong with wanting Indy to always be light escapism of course but for me at least I think it's fun to have different options as long as the execution is solid for each.

Yeah no doubt Khev.

Like I legit feel bad for screamingmetal, a super cool forum member not unlike us with our tastes but who is now frustrated enough with the reports and video commentaries that he is just raising the surrender flag.

Yes Mission Impossible might give us the young prime Indy we wanted but Indy is Indy we can’t change that.
Can you imagine the meltdown that bunch would have if they heard some of Ellie's lines in JP for the first time today. Good lord. Instead of just having a laugh at some throwaway lines and enjoying a terrific movie.

Can you imagine the meltdown that bunch would have if they heard some of Ellie's lines in JP for the first time today. Good lord. Instead of just having a laugh at some throwaway lines and enjoying a terrific movie.
Just like those annoying people complaining that TOD is insensitive for showing the south asian indian culture eating those animals.

Oh STFU with that nonsense lol

Of course they don’t eat that BUT a CULT CAN eat like that if they want too they do everything else crazy but eating protein is now too much lol!

Bottom line every culture in existence has done dumb **** against another culture full stop.

Last edited:
Yeah no doubt Khev.

Thanks for the concern. I just don't think a 80 y/o time traveling Indy in a grumpy Mangold film would have ever worked. We do have Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for a great ending to the character. They should've rebooted the franchise with Chris Pratt and a spin off series with Short Round years ago. Hell, I'd even be down, if they did that now!
From Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, Predator, Alien, and now Indiana jones, my interest has been killed by what has been done in those franchises far more than what any youtuber has said. The Youtubers you're bringing up have even praised Star Trek Picard season 3, and I still don't have interest in watching any of it. I have also been watching a lot less of the same youtube channels and have even unsubed from a couple.
But There's still great stuff that's been coming out recently that I've been enjoying: Mission Impossible, Top Gun, John Wick, Jack Reacher, the Terminal list, Stranger Things season 4, Extraction 2, The Night Agent, and Jack Ryan to name a few. I've also been able to watch, read and listen to things I always wanted to and now absolutely love (highly recommend the Americans, the Northman, and Daredevil: Born Again btw). So I'm happy with my entertainment. :wave

Thanks for the concern. I just don't think a 80 y/o time traveling Indy in a grumpy Mangold film would have ever worked. We do have Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for a great ending to the character. They should've rebooted the franchise with Chris Pratt and a spin off series with Short Round years ago. Hell, I'd even be down, if they did that now!
From Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, Predator, Alien, and now Indiana jones, my interest has been killed by what has been done in those franchises far more than what any youtuber has said. The Youtubers you're bringing up have even praised Star Trek Picard season 3, and I still don't have interest in watching any of it. I have also been watching a lot less of the same youtube channels and have even unsubed from a couple.
But There's still great stuff that's been coming out recently that I've been enjoying: Mission Impossible, Top Gun, John Wick, Jack Reacher, the Terminal list, Stranger Things season 4, Extraction 2, The Night Agent, and Jack Ryan to name a few. I've also been able to watch, read and listen to things I always wanted to and now absolutely love (highly recommend the Americans, the Northman, and Daredevil: Born Again btw). So I'm happy with my entertainment. :wave
Great list of good stuff! :duff

I just view it thru the lense that Indy
Spoiler Spoiler:
changed him.

Btw KOTCS never happened because they never mentioned Aliens did they?

That is a huge thing to not bring up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can go straight from Raiders to this and not miss a beat.

Spoiler Spoiler:
changed him.

The aliens no doubt came back and wiped their memories....after (of course) probing them. :horror

I love that Mangold avoided one of the gravest sins of the ST by

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dude I loved seeing Sallah on his most dangerous adventure yet, driving to JFK airport! :rotfl
It was surreal seeing them both together in such an environment and made me feel old realizing that the years between that moment and Indy's first adventure (for him) were about the same as the time since I first watched his first adventure. 😬

Spoiler Spoiler:
changed him.

Mangold neither mentioned Mutt by name nor showed a picture of him in order to allow people to strike KOTCS entirely from their personal head canon and just pretend that Indy's son was someone else. My own son still hasn't watched KOTCS and he didn't feel like he has missed out on any part of the story.

Back