Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't exactly on the edge of my seat, but I agree it was a clever ending and came close to capturing the magic and wonder of that Last Crusade ending with the knight.

And I had actually forgot the entire thing was spoiled years ago by those filming pics.
It was only until I got home that I remembered those set photos!!!!!!

And speaking of TFA of course I noticed the obvious correlation between Indy in this movie and Han in TFA (right down to them repeating the same "go talk to Marion/she doesn't want to talk to me" exchange) but I feel like DOD simply presented that same scenario *correctly.*
Spoiler Spoiler:
I did find it odd that they said Mutt enlisted in the military (making it sound like he volunteered), which as I recall him didn't seem to fit the character. But his number was likely called in a mandatory draft so I gave it a hand wave, as the emotional payoff was worth it in the end.

Oh oh oh I forgot 2 things!

I have a tendency to go on about my character arc obsessions that were never meant to pan out, just ask buffinator about my Armorer being a spy theory in Mando S3 lol.

I was fully expecting and yes hoping that the big reveal at the end would be them
Spoiler Spoiler:

C’mon admit it you probably thought it was THAT particular and iconic location to end their story.

Was I disappointed it wasn’t?

No…no I wasn’t.

Ok maybe just a small tad admit it you were too lol
Nope, only you Jye! :lol

I did kind of chuckle at Holler declaring

Spoiler Spoiler:
as if the look of the cliffs from a distance was totally specific to that one single year, lol.

christian-bale-confused.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed it Jye, and I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else, otherwise but..

Yes the movie is gray, dry and depressing.

That's not what I think when I hear the beating heart of what is Indiana Jones:

I just have no interest in seeing a complex deep character dive with Professor Henry Jones jr. and The Dial of Destany, I want escapism with Indiana Jones (which was the name of his dog, btw) and all of what I heard and seen (with spoilers) from nay-sayers to cheerleaders hasn't excited me to watch this movie film at all.
I do hope it gives us a new younger Hot Toys Indiana Jones though.
There are 2 ways for us the audience to interact with this movie.

1. Hate it because all you see is a depressing grounded dirty and mean deconstruction of what once was a very knowledgeable and curious man in control of his life who very well understood what his existence and presence was worth.

I guess I'm in camp 1.

I'm looking forward to Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning though! (and I'm still PO'd about how they treated Jim Phelps!)

Ranking these movies is pointless we are ALL going to either pick Raiders or TOD for the top 2 spots because of prime Indy and ALL are going to place KOTCS last.

The real hard debate is going to be which is better, TLC or DOD! :panic:

Therefore the most important opinion / decision that matters most will be coming from a-dev and NOT Wor-Gar lol

Just fyi my previous rant on the Youtubers was not meant as a lecture.

Believe me I am their target audience and I fall for it all the time they got me good with DOD!

I’m just trying to break free from their relentless bitching and moaning it becomes worst than the people they’re complaining about.

I’m going to go drink a fruity IPA now and not a Bud Light lime lol

Just fyi my previous rant on the Youtubers was not meant as a lecture.

Believe me I am their target audience and I fall for it all the time they got me good with DOD!

I’m just trying to break free from their relentless bitching and moaning it becomes worst than the people they’re complaining about.
Yep they're all about maintaining their "brand" with the same hivemind that they love to accuse others of having. There's literally no reason whatsoever to click on their videos because I know exactly what each one of them will say every single time and it is neither insightful nor entertaining. I'm now convinced that they would have absolutely hated ANH Leia, STM Lois, 1979 Ripley, Raiders Marion, CTB Valeria, and so on if those movies had come out today.

Back