Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just rewatching the Hitler scene from The Last Crusade on YT and seen someone mention that the guy who played Hitler is the same actor who played Admiral Ozzel! Did not know

Michael Sheard was scary enough as Mr. Bronson in Grange Hill!

I didn't realise he also played Hitler in The Tomorrow People:

MV5BMTY0OTYyOTkzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzkxNjQ2MjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Curiously, he also melted a bit like Toht:

tp9.jpg
tp10.jpg
tp11.jpg
tp12.jpg
tp13.jpg

https://islandofterror.blogspot.com/2011/05/hitler-has-only-got-one-eyeball.html

LOL! Nazis are just the best villains. To go with the Russians in the Crystal Skull was another stupid decision. I can watch Hitler get killed in every possible way and never lose interest.

Come on guys, think back to your younger days. We'd all be cancelled.

So here's something fun. If you roll the cursor over your avatar, down below in the lower left you can see your join number -- or in other words, how many people were members on this site when you joined.

Khev is #1010 and he joined in 2006

my number is 775 having joined a few months earlier than Khev.

Jye is #4605 having joined two years later in 2008 -- in two years membership quadrupled.

It is interesting to see how the site grew. jgg1701 joined in 2019 and his number is over 70,000.
Wow that is an awesome catch, nice work!

LOL! Nazis are just the best villains. To go with the Russians in the Crystal Skull was another stupid decision. I can watch Hitler get killed in every possible way and never lose interest.

That one really had to be the Russians to fit with all the other '50s tropes - Reds under the bed; giant ants; the Doom Town homage to The Atomic Kid, the ancient alien myth (which was proposed bt Harold T. Wilkins in the mid-50s, but popularised by Von Däniken in the late '60s).

If Indy 5 had been made sooner they might've gone with the Hollow Earth and Nazis in Antarctica myth.

As for the number revelation, looks like I was 9160 before my reboot as a good dog.

One thing I noticed about the new Indy costume is the pants. In the original trilogy, and maybe even in KOTCS, his pants were very baggy. His new pants have a different cut, tighter, not baggy at all. Indy is in the Mad Men 60's era of nice fitted suits.

I still hate this crappy forum.

Funny, click back to the beginning of this thread and read post #35. Apparently this was the thread for reflecting on when we first joined even half a decade ago, lol.

k2hregjxy7c51.jpg

:panic:

Apart from forums.

We finally have a nice forum.

:blissy

As long as the spammers don't get a hold again...

:blissysmi

Back