InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I remember Bale saying in several BTS vids how he couldn't hear a damn thing in the cowl. I mean he's literally covering his ears completely with sound absorbing rubber. Think how easy it would be to sneak up on Batman in that thing.
I did like that they tried to cover this in Begins, even if it was a brief shot. You see him testing out a ear radio/microphone piece slotting into the cowl itself when he's building the first suit. Neat little detail since you see him later in TDK holding his hand up to his ear while trying to listen in.

giphy.gif

LqpDnv8.png

Honestly there is no batman and he doesn't work without the cape and cowl. Regardless of the realism of the character the issue becomes great when you try to place him in the real world. The Nolan Trilogy and Reeves Film works in a grounded setting but that isn't 100% real world. I liked the use of the cape in The Batman more as it was a deployable wing suit that he loses after one use so he doesn't have the cape at the end of the police station escape. His cowl is probably better in this since he can move his head more and it's in the shape of his skull which doesn't have the furle brow

I always thought that was a two way radio/mic so he could communicate with Alfred, and listen in on surveillance devices. I'm not sure if it was to help him recover hearing directly in front of him. But yeah, maybe in universe it acted like noise cancelling headphones, allowing in sounds from outside the cowl.

I did like that they tried to cover this in Begins, even if it was a brief shot. You see him testing out a ear radio/microphone piece slotting into the cowl itself when he's building the first suit. Neat little detail since you see him later in TDK holding his hand up to his ear while trying to listen in.

giphy.gif

LqpDnv8.png
A

It might be dramatic, but the way how I feel about both companies kinda compare to relationships lol.

INART is the person you’ve been recently dating, a new relationship you’re in. Every time you spend time with them is great, they’re passionate and you can tell they care about you. And despite having some red flags, they’re trying their best. Even with their own set of red flags aren’t even true deal breakers unless it’s really not working for you. Things like being late to a date here and there, or wanting to take it slow although perhaps you want to rush things. But all in all, very communicative and even apologizes a bit too much. Goes without saying, but they’re an amazing person through and through, albeit not perfect. But again, nobody’s perfect?

Hot Toys is that toxic person you’ve been in a relationship for a long time who lies and says things will get better, exclaiming that they will care more about the relationship but don’t actually put in real effort. They repeatedly make the same mistakes and are only on their best behavior when y’all are out in public but really, it’s just a farce. All talk and all for show. You’ve become numb to their ways and it won’t change. They have you by the balls. The relationship is very manipulative, toxic and full of gaslighting. Sure, they’re willing to be with you and you’ve grown comfortable. You have sex all the time, but it’s just quick cheap sex lmao.

Now, look but speaking for myself, but like BrooklynWolf X said, INART hasn’t wronged me yet. Of course, I’m going to feel much more fond and better about the relationship I’m in with INART. If you haven’t noticed certain things about how Hot Toys treat their consumer base or how they use labels like “stunning hair craftsmanship” for what’s supposed to be their perceived “high-end line” which is comprised of solely choosing a character that has long hair and giving it wool implanted hair but the rest of the figure is standard typical subpar quality, Idk what to tell you. They don’t even put in their highest effort with the DX Artisan line for crying out loud lol, giving the same wool hair in design shape from WB100 Wonder Woman to Artisan EG Wanda. Or slapping a NEW rooted headsculpt on the same Anakin body/outfit. List goes on. ROTJ Vader being largely reuse and carry over from their prior ESB Vader which is inaccurate as heck and Hot Toys don’t care. Why don’t they? Because they’ve got their fans and HT knows it doesn’t take much to get most to buy their products.

What’s funny to me is how people like this have the audacity to call someone like myself a “fanboy” or “shill” but they haven’t realized how numb they’ve become to how Hot Toys do things. And if you’re cool with what they do, good for you. At least INART doesn’t operate how Hot Toys does and I really don’t see them going down that direction, and instead hopefully staying true to the brand they’re building.

Edit: INART’s biggest flaw is definitely the magnetic bases. They should find out another way to revise it and improve upon. Or include a typical crotch grabber base in addition too. But isn’t the figure the most important part of a set? Figures that are overall much better designed and crafted vs Hot Toys figures which are for the most part, subpar.

Edit 2: and yeah this is dramatic and I’m applying this logic or feelings onto companies that produce toys. Yes, there’s bigger problems and things in life. Just an analogy.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/s/HX005LSh9B

Someone(No, not me. I promise😂) screen grabbed and put this in reddit. Congrats. You are famous now.

Also Unreal sculpt. I think he's working towards making this work Like InArt and HT sculpt like multiple mouth pieces and moveable eyes. I think if he can also make them compatible with the other sculpts it will look amazing. View attachment 699825
I think this is looking great. May pick up an unpainted copy and send it off to be done by someone else. The Inart sculpt is good imo, but this looks next level. Don't think the Inart needs any mods, but as with any mass produced figure, the custom offerings tend to look the best.

What kind of super hero are you if you can't manage to fight with a cape? You're an aquaman I tell you. Lol!

This movie is already grounded and getting rid of the cape just drives this closer to Phoenix Joker territory. It's sort of Batman but not really the Batman.

HUlRJ4I.gif

Back