InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3704.jpeg
IMG_3703.jpeg

Sorry if this was brought up already. I just rewatched the "magnetgate" video....Might the figure have fell because of normal imbalance and not the magnets? I mean those are clearly blutack on his feet lol. Perhaps these prototypes didn't have magnets in them at all? It would explain the head falling so weightlessly like it did and the blutack on the feet
Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 11.15.29 PM.png

Feels like the simplest solution would be to include a clear acrylic rod and support paired with a hole in the base with a plug to cover it up.

Anyone that doesn’t trust magnets for long term display or lives in an earthquake zone (actual earthquakes or kids) can use it. Leave it in the box otherwise. Wouldn’t cost them much to implement.

Sorry if this was brought up already. I just rewatched the "magnetgate" video....Might the figure have fell because of normal imbalance and not the magnets? I mean those are clearly blutack on his feet lol. Perhaps these prototypes didn't have magnets in them at all? It would explain the head falling so weightlessly like it did and the blutack on the feet
View attachment 667905
@Wor-Gar blutacgate is back

If anyone wants another stand to tinker with/modify when this releases then hit me up.

I only use clear acrylic stands anyway so would not be using mine.

It is a bit surprising we haven’t seen a Catwoman from anyone yet. She’d be relatively easy to make too as her outfit is pretty basic.
Very surprising. She'd make such a great looking figure assuming they got the likeness spot on.

The more photos I see of The Batman figure, the more I'm second guessing my decision of paying more for the rooted.

I understand the rooted hair needs some futzing, but the given how good the cowled sculpt looks, I would probably be more inclined to use that more. Plus, that non-rooted unmasked sculpt looks great - I think because the overall shape of his hair looks spot on. In this particular showing, the rooted version doesn't look good at all IMO.

Looking forward to seeing pictures from those that have the skills to futz that hair correctly.

The more photos I see of The Batman figure, the more I'm second guessing my decision of paying more for the rooted.

I understand the rooted hair needs some futzing, but the given how good the cowled sculpt looks, I would probably be more inclined to use that more. Plus, that non-rooted unmasked sculpt looks great - I think because the overall shape of his hair looks spot on. In this particular showing, the rooted version doesn't look good at all IMO.

Looking forward to seeing pictures from those that have the skills to futz that hair correctly.
E28A9464-42F1-4098-B928-390B7E131A9D.jpeg

For me rooted is the way superior way to go. Sculpted is decent but looks matte and thick. It’s good as it is but rooted takes it to a whole other level.

This rooted looks pretty futzed too so I’m not sure how it can be significantly improved from this.

Again, at least to me, the overall shape of the hair looks better in the sculpted version. There's a more realistic "wave" the way the hair lays down on the left side of his head that the rooted doesn't show well. I also think the rooted looks like he has frayed bangs, rather than the sort of "emo I don't care that my hair is in front of my eyes" look that the sculpted shows well.

This is one of the few times for me where I've actually felt the sculpted was so good as to keep the rooted from being an obvious, runaway choice.

Again, just my opinion.

Again, at least to me, the overall shape of the hair looks better in the sculpted version. There's a more realistic "wave" the way the hair lays down on the left side of his head that the rooted doesn't show well. I also think the rooted looks like he has frayed bangs, rather than the sort of "emo I don't care that my hair is in front of my eyes" look that the sculpted shows well.

This is one of the few times for me where I've actually felt the sculpted was so good as to keep the rooted from being an obvious, runaway choice.

Again, just my opinion.
This is why we have options, to each and their own friend. 🙏

Back