InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone give me a tip on what to use for rooted hair? What kind of gel is ok? What kind is not etc.. 😅
Just style it with waters at your fingertips. And use some hair spray to keep it intact afterwards. But other than that I never use any hair gel product unless specified otherwise by the manufactures

Just style it with waters at your fingertips. And use some hair spray to keep it intact afterwards. But other than that I never use any hair gel product unless specified otherwise by the manufactures
Does the hairspray make it all stiff and stuff? Or does it wear off after a while? I'm just worried the wrong product will cause permanent issues like stiffness or stickiness etc... I dont want to have to resort to giving my $500 figure a hair wash and then watch the hair unglue 😳😳

Does the hairspray make it all stiff and stuff? Or does it wear off after a while? I'm just worried the wrong product will cause permanent issues like stiffness or stickiness etc... I dont want to have to resort to giving my $500 figure a hair wash and then watch the hair unglue 😳😳
Depending on how much you apply to it. Of course it will be stiff if you spray it for like 10 seconds straight, it reacts to it like real hair. Usually hair spray doesn't hurt the figure at all in my experience, just spray enough from a far around the head and you should be good. And yes eventually it does wear off with time but it's gonna take a long time if you don't touch/futz with the hair too much.

Personally though I never use hair spray for my rooted heads anymore. Only when I'm shipping them off somewhere or they have a very specific crazy hairstyle like Ledge Joker, Pennywise (IT),...etc. Styling it alone with water does the job and it stays in place

You get 2 rooted hair sculpts. One that has the black eye make up and one that’s clean for the Bruce Wayne figure.

I might use the rooted raccoon eye sculpt and do a custom drifter version with it
Some 3rd party surely has to do the drifter look, then find a way to get the InArt head on the body.

8bd2758452e234ce5fff74d625dcd11c.jpg

"Darling, I was thinking that maybe tonight we c-"

angry-spock.gif

GodDAMMIT! Can't you see that Chalamet's hair isn't curling properly on this doll?! The Ledger hair was bad enough with his balding locks, but this is driving me nuts! I can't get them to properly frame his face by falling gracefully over his eyes! Christ woman, you think it's easy keeping these premium dolls up to the standard they deserve? Now where did I put that tiny hairbrush; my Battinson is not looking properly brooding...

-

Fellas, I think we're entering a new world of ascended autism...

hannibal.gif

I ordered the premium Batman. But at what cost? I feel like I have zero self control these days... Fellas I need help

If I continue down this path it won't be long before I have nothing left

I feel like most people here on on the same boat. I constantly look at my pre-order list and start sweating. I've tried to make cuts to it but can never bring myself to do it lol.
I've got the deluxe Hot Toys pre-ordered already and I'm about to pre-order the standard Inart.

I feel like most people here on on the same boat. I constantly look at my pre-order list and start sweating. I've tried to make cuts to it but can never bring myself to do it lol.
Same here. I keep thinking. Cancel the gunslinger? No way. Cancel Iconiq bateman? Well... now I'm hoping that turns out **** so that Ill have a reason to 😥

I ordered the premium Batman. But at what cost? I feel like I have zero self control these days... Fellas I need help

If I continue down this path it won't be long before I have nothing left
That's all our fates.

patrick-bateman-american-psycho.gif

I've got 7 POs as of right now. I made a list and I'm theoretically interested in another 15 figures from the 2022-2023 period, barring any surprises. And I cut off a few, keep in mind. Obviously I can't sustain that, considering 2024 will be just as packed. 2025 is going to kill me. By the time the X-Men will come along it'll be 2026 at the earliest. This hobby is time and money consuming. It's nuts. Either you're a lucky sod interested in some one offs and are really big into a single licence, or you're constantly fighting an uphill battle. You get in thinking that you'll just get your favourites, but then you start amassing enough for a group here, a group there, something new comes along, a cool costume, a surprise figure, and before you know it you're sucked in.

Last edited:
8bd2758452e234ce5fff74d625dcd11c.jpg

"Darling, I was thinking that maybe tonight we c-"

angry-spock.gif

GodDAMMIT! Can't you see that Chalamet's hair isn't curling properly on this doll?! The Ledger hair was bad enough with his balding locks, but this is driving me nuts! I can't get them to properly frame his face by falling gracefully over his eyes! Christ woman, you think it's easy keeping these premium dolls up to the standard they deserve? Now where did I put that tiny hairbrush; my Battinson is not looking properly brooding...

-

Fellas, I think we're entering a new world of ascended autism...

hannibal.gif
My ex once caught me brushing my Chewie at 3am. I couldn’t tell whether the look on her face was pride or disgust.

My ex once caught me brushing my Chewie at 3am. I couldn’t tell whether the look on her face was pride or disgust.
Well, she is now an ex, so... Bah, thots cannot understand our high collecting aspirations. That's why I'm all alone; by choice!

4EdN5rIT43xcqi4IVRrhxiDOz6z.jpg

Every so often I rewatch "The Best Offer" and realise I'm the poorer and much less tasteful version of the MC... But hey, in about a decade I'll get to have some really cool dioramas of plastic dolls, and I bet I'll genuinely still like maybe 20% of them...

Back