InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All fake leathers are not equal. Fake leather isn’t bad by default. I suspect hot toys uses very cheap fake leather with poor chemistry.

Ive seen faux leather clothing items that have survived 20 years or more. I work with faux leathers that I’ve never seen any issues with.

I think faux leather is the right call for this cape because even at 1:1 scale the real cape doesn’t seem to have much texture if any at all. Real leather won’t look good at this scale for this cape, it won’t drape as well or fold as tightly and it will have too much texture.

Any “real” leather would probably have to be some sort of bonded or PU leather that’s only “Leather” because it technically has some animal skin connected to a synthetic or natural fiber substrate. It can peel or flake just like pleather if not worse.
This is very true, there are many variants of faux leather. Like you mentioned there are good and bad ones

How much for custom cape made out of cutouts from the original screen-used cape?
That’s Tony Mei territory then. He’ll charge you an arm and a leg just b/c he said he saw the real cape in person therefore his capes are superior, but it still won’t look accurate to the real material :lol I still remember how dumb I felt (rightfully so) for spending like $70 on a piece of fabric from him with pleats barely holding together and fabric tape showing. It was supposed to be the “movie promo” MoS cape version or whatever he would call it to charge more money than the standard cape. Luckily, he was so popular I was able to flip it on eBay :lol I wonder if he’s still around? I don’t hear about him like I used to.

I’ve held the real BvS cape in my hands, and so far, Unreal’s cape for that version has come the closest in my opinion.

Last edited:
This is very true, there are many variants of faux leather. Like you mentioned there are good and bad ones
I completely agree with this too, Hot toys has even used good fuax leather in the past too but only in their bigger scale figures for example the 1/4 ROTJ Vader. The pleather on that is really good and I haven’t had a single problem with it in years but my other 1/6 hot toys figures that have pleather have all slowly started to flake unfortunately ☹️ Knowing that Hot Toys can afford to use better pleather for some figures and terrible pleather for others has literally turned me away from buying any Hot Toys Figures that have any pleather in general now

I completely agree with this too, Hot toys has even used good fuax leather in the past too but only in their bigger scale figures for example the 1/4 ROTJ Vader. The pleather on that is really good and I haven’t had a single problem with it in years but my other 1/6 hot toys figures that have pleather have all slowly started to flake unfortunately ☹️ Knowing that Hot Toys can afford to use better pleather for some figures and terrible pleather for others has literally turned me away from buying any Hot Toys Figures that have any pleather in general now
Yeah it's 100% on a case by case basis. Some are much thicker than others, and usually those are the one to stand the test of time. In my experience the thinner pleather are much more prone to flaking.

Personally I have not had any problems with pleather flaking in my collection, the only ones that ever flake for me are the old figures that I have bought brand new/sealed which means the pleather only flakes because it's been boxed for way too long. I climate control my display room very carefully. And I live in a tropical, super humid country too. Have never gotten a single piece flaking naturally

Last edited:
Is there a reason that the sculpted Bruce Wayne doesn't look as good as the rooted? I hope they post more pictures before the pre order window closes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220830-010019_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220830-010019_Instagram.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220830-010106_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220830-010106_Instagram.jpg
    638.1 KB · Views: 0
Is there a reason that the sculpted Bruce Wayne doesn't look as good as the rooted? I hope they post more pictures before the pre order window closes.
I think it’s a very minor paint difference but it pretty much looks the same. (Different angle) The hair sculpted version just adds more bulk to his face shape so I personally think it doesn’t add justice to his character. So I got the rooted to not have that issue. Also the lightly brown color adds more realism to the rooted which is a nice touch.

It's just the different lighting and that the rooted hair frames his face differently, it's the same sculpt and paint. I actually think the sculpted looks better out of those two. His hair is too puffed out to the side and bunched together throwing it off, as he never looked like that.

Dear all you people complaining about his nose and the cape and the cowl texture and all manner of other ****,

Thank you. Thank you for being detail oriented and looking at all this **** that I have neither the time nor patience nor inclination to do. Thank you for pointing out that, for the prices these things are, they should be the absolute best they could be, and just…thank you.

However, I’m not gonna do **** with it. Again, time, energy, whatever. But you got the passion and the motivation, so, all you’re lacking is the platform cause this ain’t it. I don’t think, anyway. :lol So, just go. Go on Facebook. Like all the pages, join the InArt Facebook group, and once you’re in? Spam the ever living **** out of it with photoshops and comparisons and manips and measurements because I don’t know if any of you have visited some of those lately? Yeah, people spam it with a lot dumber **** and if your objective analysis could lead to a better final product for people like myself to put on our shelves along with you?

**** yeah. Bring it on.

And, while you’re mentioning this inaccuracy that went unnoticed by all but 0.01% of eagle eyed evaluators, make sure to bring up the absence of a flare!
Show a pic of the one that came with the custom figure Justin has a video of. It’s got a tiny led light and some cotton flowing out of the top to create a smoke effect. #wheretheflare?

The Facebook mob will inevitably pile on anything resembling a criticism so InArt will be forced to address it. May as well use those savages to milk every drop of quality from IA as possible.
Just, for the love of God, no more polls!

I'll have the JND piece with the cape, if this cape drapes poorly I'll have him without the cape probably. If it's fine then I'll be having him holding the cards like in the promo images for sure.

So you guys are just buying stuff saying people are being overly analytical and then make false claims about a flare being absent? It's included with the hot toys and inart figure just not sparked.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220830-102030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220830-102030_Chrome.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220830-101728_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220830-101728_Gallery.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220830-101615_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220830-101615_Chrome.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 0
So you guys are just buying stuff saying people are being overly analytical and then make false claims about a flare being absent? It's included with the hot toys and inart figure just not sparked.
You’re not being overly analytical. It’s just…I don’t think your objective analysis is doing the most good here. I’ve never known of InArt having a presence on these boards, whereas they’ve got designated Facebook pages and even Facebook groups where they seek the input of their customer base, not to mention an actual customer support line. I’m not being facetious, either. I think they’re gonna want to deliver the best possible product to make their name/compete with whatever Hot Toys is doing, so, with that in mind? I think y’all should come up with anything needs addressing/any complaints and bombard the **** out of them.

All Chopper Face was asking is if you could maneuver a lit flare out of the deal for us, to boot. :lol

Actually I think there's a very reasonable chance someone from InArt is reading this board and boards like it. I doubt Hot Toys bother, but these InArt guys aren't daft, they know they'll learn far more from places like these, which are full of experienced and knowledgeable collectors, than they will from Facebook groups, which tend to cater to a more reactionary flavour of the month crowd. Not trying to massage anyone's ego, but yeah this place can be a little intimidating at times with the in-depth knowledge of some of the guys and gals on here.

I really hope they’re reading this, we all do this to make sure they’re delivering because it’s pretty much a gamble with our NRDs. I saw a YouTube video with John, and they won’t actually start production until the preorder windows closes. So within these weeks they’re taking feedback from collectors because they are aspects that we see that they might have missed.

Two main things so far towards perfecting the figure

1. Cape material/length
2. Cowl texture and nose

Here’s the link to the video:

The problem is now transferring the message across. 🙏

Same reason Asmus seems to come and go when they please. The very second members on this forum start to bash them on this forum for some dumb thing that they do, their PR member who's on here just disappears or only chooses to answer a random question or comment that doesn't reflect the main issue happening.

There's a reason Hot Toys lacks complete communication from their customer base, for better or worse. I can't imagine being the PR person having to deal with us **** heads and those on Facebook. Just make figures and don't say a word. Having a direct line of communication with the 1/6 figure community is both a pro and con. It's great knowing that these companies listen to feedback but good lord can the "feedback" be much from some. I don't envy those who have to take that all in.

I thought Chopper Face was saying that there's no flare included with the figure at all. I was getting downvoted on reddit because I said I don't think the Inart figure is that much better than the hot toys one because both have some inaccuracies and there's no proven track record yet from Inart. If they would listen to the criticisms they could blow hot toys out of the water for sure but as of now it feels like a gamble. I'm still on the fence about their Bruce Wayne because I only collected sculpted hair figures.

Back