InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this first The Batman movie will be hard to top. I loved the aesthetics, and Pattinson’s rage-filled, less experienced, awkward Batman was great. They’ve hinted that his character, notably the Bruce Wayne persona, will “evolve”, which almost concerns me that a lot of what made him so bizarre and unique will get washed out.

I love the suit, and I think the figure encapsulates an awesome movie. No matter how good his future suits may be, I don’t think I’ll ever not want this one.

Last edited:
Hopefully, we'll see an upgraded Batmobile in The Batman sequel......:pray::pray::pray::pray:
I believe there will be some improvements but it will be the same car. They made 4-5 of them in the last movie so I doubt they want to spend money to create a whole entire newly new car. Usually there's only one batmobile for each series(batman89, TDK, BVS ETC)

A constantly evolving car would be a great way to symbolize Batman's constant evolving character.
Personally, I’d love to see him go from the Charger/GTO-esque muscle design to like a more sloped Thunderbird design with a giant ass Bat-tering ram welded to the front fender. Eyes eerily glowing red before busting through the garage of some warehouse or drug lab like a bat out of hell (I got puns today, apparently :lol).

Personally, I’d love to see him go from the Charger/GTO-esque muscle design to like a more sloped Thunderbird design with a giant ass Bat-tering ram welded to the front fender. Eyes eerily glowing red before busting through the garage of some warehouse or drug lab like a bat out of hell (I got puns today, apparently :lol).
That would be awesome definitely old school comics Batman. Lol

In the Art Of book they are described as "Bo-shuriken" or throwing sticks, which was a weapon used by samurai.
I was right the first time when I said throwing darts of sorts. It would have made sense had he used them at least we would have known he had yet to use batarangs or come up with their design.

I was right the first time when I said throwing darts of sorts. It would have made sense had he used them at least we would have known he had yet to use batarangs or come up with their design.
Like everything else with this suit, I've really grown to like them myself. As they just make him look even more fearsome and badass, and like someone you would definitely not want to cross. And I like the extra bit of silver in the suit as well.

I will not be surprised at all if they're removed for the sequel though.

Like everything else with this suit, I've really grown to like them myself. As they just make him look even more fearsome and badass, and like someone you would definitely not want to cross. And I like the extra bit of silver in the suit as well.

I will not be surprised at all if they're removed for the sequel though.
Yeah Although I didn't like them at first and still feel meh about it the overall look with them don't bother me anymore and I actually like it now for the fact it's unique and a new take or idea for Batman. Reminds me when we would get different artist doing their own stories, and Batman has different design in them.

I think it’s interesting how not-Batman this Batman is. I mean, he doesn’t even seem to have batarangs let alone use them. No winged cape. His cave isn’t a cave. So far there’s been not even a hint of mysticism to his villains.

Somehow he’s still my second favorite Batman and well ahead of he #3 spot. I think the look of the suit and accessories are all pretty cool. It kinda feels like the Soviet version of TDK though… the SU-37 to TDK’s YF-23. It’s cool and more low tech but the rough around the edges style is a good change of pace IMO.

I think I was just hoping to see a film universe and figures that could mesh well with characters we wouldn’t get in TDK like clay face, man-bat, etc. I’m afraid Reeves took the wrong lessons from the DCEU’s stumbles and retreated to something more Nolan. I hope he has the courage to go more fantastical in the next films because it really hasn’t been explored on screen well if at all.

That's why I display none of my figures. No need to measure anything, make space, whatever. Just shove it all in closets, libraries and drawers. One day I'll set up my perfect display...

I dont know if this is sarcastic but this is exactly my situation right now 🤣

Functionally having blades on the gauntlets makes more sense too. The chest symbol thing is too gimmicky and awkward in use, as shown in the movie itself.
As oppose to it being a painted on symbol or sticker? I dont think so I love that it has function

I think it’s interesting how not-Batman this Batman is. I mean, he doesn’t even seem to have batarangs let alone use them. No winged cape. His cave isn’t a cave. So far there’s been not even a hint of mysticism to his villains.

Somehow he’s still my second favorite Batman and well ahead of he #3 spot. I think the look of the suit and accessories are all pretty cool. It kinda feels like the Soviet version of TDK though… the SU-37 to TDK’s YF-23. It’s cool and more low tech but the rough around the edges style is a good change of pace IMO.

I think I was just hoping to see a film universe and figures that could mesh well with characters we wouldn’t get in TDK like clay face, man-bat, etc. I’m afraid Reeves took the wrong lessons from the DCEU’s stumbles and retreated to something more Nolan. I hope he has the courage to go more fantastical in the next films because it really hasn’t been explored on screen well if at all.
What? Going fantastical would completely dismantle this franchise. I agree with you about wanting to see these villains like clayface and stuff but they will have to be explored somewhere else. Its like when people were saying batman v superman should have had christian bales batman in it with Superman. That would have completely undermined everything about TDK trilogy I think like I cant see TDK the same way with joker and then think oh yes sometime later superman will be a part of this too and then the justice league and then darkside

I'd love to see that someday as well, but in the meantime I'm really digging this more film noir style of Batman, which is something we've surprisingly never gotten before even though it's such a natural fit for the character.

Plus the fact we've already seen a huge assortment of more fantastical DC villains in the Suicide Squad movies, so I'm not sure it would feel all that unique at this point to see Batman facing off against even more of those.

What? Going fantastical would completely dismantle this franchise. I agree with you about wanting to see these villains like clayface and stuff but they will have to be explored somewhere else. Its like when people were saying batman v superman should have had christian bales batman in it with Superman. That would have completely undermined everything about TDK trilogy I think like I cant see TDK the same way with joker and then think oh yes sometime later superman will be a part of this too and then the justice league and then darkside
Hard disagree.

I think it's been mentioned that Reeves is looking to do Mr. Freeze for the sequel which I think would work very well in the world he's created, especially since it's been hinted that it will be taking from/inspired by the BTAS "Heart of Ice" episode.

Last edited:
My suggestion from the movie thread is this Batman against Manbat or Clayface in a detective/horror type setting. I don't think it will dismantle this franchise by going that route.

I agree with this about TDK, but we already got a great realistic Batman trilogy from it and I think if The Batman trilogy is going to be successful it can’t just be realistic Batman 2.0.

I do want to preface this by saying I liked the Batman and am generally happy with it, but in my opinion it’s mostly just a Batman movie that didn’t mess up out the gate, which isn’t a high bar.

The Batman’s 3 hours FELT like three hours to me and I feel I would get bored if it’s just going to be more of the same.

You're just jealous of my big brain plans. You'll be weeping when I upload pics of epic display in... 2033. Assuming all my dolls are not charred waste next to a crater by then, of course.

Those darts honestly never made any sense to me being there. That's usually a Green Arrow thing not Batman. Hopefully with the new suit those are no longer present and they are normal all black gauntlets with actual fin blades on the sides. Although I liked the straps on them created the fins/blades, I honestly prefer the traditional ones more.
Yeah, exactly. They made the gauntlets too bulky and ruined the design. Much as I like the cowl/cape/collar combo, it's one of the reasons why I'm good with passing on this version. I'll wait for the 2nd look. Question is if I'd rather wait for a 3rd movie. We'll see. I doubt I'll be getting any villains, but I'm curious to see what they'll use on that front as well. But I'm pretty Batmanned out at this point. I have one or two favourites, and design/execution always plays a role too, but I'm not in the market for an entire shelf of Bat-Villains.

I dont know if this is sarcastic but this is exactly my situation right now 🤣
Nah, I'm being genuine. I stuff everything wherever I can and probably won't have a display until 2028 at the earliest. I have a hodgepodge of figures and there's no point trying to set up anything if you don't already have the majority of every planned display. I'm taking it easier now too. It's too exhausting trying to predict everything. I've broken it down to a handful of themes & franchises, I have my favourites from each, I more or less know where I'd put what, and that's it. I've even abandoned my plan of using Moducases. When the time comes I'll hire a carpenter and get him to build me a case the way I need it. Anything beyond that is just too unpredictable. I suppose that's why I'm not in a hurry to display anything.

I agree about the second film being more fantastical of a world when it comes to his rogues. If it follows BTAS formula and introduces his villains in that style it would be possible to have them in this world. I think they can keep the noir detective style film and add these kind of villains. Man-Bat and Clayface and even Killer Croc can be done how they should be and have a horror element to it. With Croc it's already his origin that he has a rare skin disease. Bermejo had a good idea for croc and earth one also did it in a way that made sense.
ea64f5f7dc563e8ad7a092d2ea7bfd41.jpg

Yeah, exactly. They made the gauntlets too bulky and ruined the design. Much as I like the cowl/cape/collar combo, it's one of the reasons why I'm good with passing on this version. I'll wait for the 2nd look. Question is if I'd rather wait for a 3rd movie. We'll see. I doubt I'll be getting any villains, but I'm curious to see what they'll use on that front as well. But I'm pretty Batmanned out at this point. I have one or two favourites, and design/execution always plays a role too, but I'm not in the market for an entire shelf of Bat-Villains.
I won't lie though they grew on me after seeing the film. Although I do hope they go back to normal black gauntlets/ gloves for the sequel. I would still get this figure just to have a version of him from this film it's still a good design and very close to the comics in terms of style. I've personally always hoped we see this kind of Batsuit on film less all black rubber/armour. I feel the suit is better then the previous iterations of the batsuit, and I love all of them (except Clooney) but this one to me takes it for being more grounded, and make shift.

Back