[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not I'm not a huge Western guy. I never got into the older Western Classics and really it was Marf and Army that put me onto GBU. First watch and I was hooked. I've seen it several times since. Before this the extent of my interest in westerns were much younger movies/shows like Young Guns and Deadwood.

Same for me Pop :hi5:

I got into GBU since I loved Clint's performance in Million Dollar Baby. Since then I looked for his western classics. After viewing GBU, this becomes one of my favourites. The cowboy easily becomes a must have for my collection since the project is revealed.

IL-Buono15_zps104afab6.jpg~original

IL-Buono45_zpsfba4f805.jpg~original

These two are my favourite shots, Wake :clap

Westerns are in my blood. My grandfather got me into two things:comic books and westerns; which is probably why characters like The Lone Ranger and Jonah Hex are among my favorites.:lol That being said, I don't know; as much as I love Westerns, that isn't the sole reason for my TG, TB, & TU love. There's just something so perfect about it.

When you hear "do you feel lucky," for a lot of people, Dirty Harry is almost instantaneous, but when you see that image of Clint standing there, hands by his sides, chomping that cheroot, with that swagger, and I really mean swagger, it's almost like half his body's tilted, it's just like "wow, that's it." I can't say for certain how accurate of a portrayal that is of an actual cowboy, but dammit if it doesn't make me want it to be. The poncho thrown over his back, the gun; the pure confidence.

Then, when you actually see the film, and you have context, to the audience, it's probably one of the most tense moments in cinema history, and here Blondie is, not even phased by it. Forgive my rambling.

Oh, and those are some awesometacularly amazing photographs, Omar.

Battlegeartoys.com

Rifle and cartridges are from there.

Which ones are they? The .45's?

Westerns are in my blood. My grandfather got me into two things:comic books and westerns; which is probably why characters like The Lone Ranger and Jonah Hex are among my favorites.:lol That being said, I don't know; as much as I love Westerns, that isn't the sole reason for my TG, TB, & TU love. There's just something so perfect about it.

When you hear "do you feel lucky," for a lot of people, Dirty Harry is almost instantaneous, but when you see that image of Clint standing there, hands by his sides, chomping that cheroot, with that swagger, and I really mean swagger, it's almost like half his body's tilted, it's just like "wow, that's it." I can't say for certain how accurate of a portrayal that is of an actual cowboy, but dammit if it doesn't make me want it to be. The poncho thrown over his back, the gun; the pure confidence.

Then, when you actually see the film, and you have context, to the audience, it's probably one of the most tense moments in cinema history, and here Blondie is, not even phased by it. Forgive my rambling.

Oh, and those are some awesometacularly amazing photographs, Omar.

Agreed. I'm really glad that I was turned onto this flick. If it wasn't for GBU's presence in the collecting world (minimates, 1/6, etc.) and a few boardies that showed me the light, I still might've not seen it yet.

That's my favorite too! ;)

Part of me thinks that you should let the boys keep the living room and keep the other side of the door for Blondie:lol; either that or build something else for Blondie and the rest of the trio. As it stands, though, that's just too perfect.

Part of me thinks that you should let the boys keep the living room and keep the other side of the door for Blondie:lol; either that or build something else for Blondie and the rest of the trio. As it stands, though, that's just too perfect.

i'm building something else. It's circular. Has a lot of crosses. ;)

i'm building something else. It's circular. Has a lot of crosses. ;)

Good heavens.:drool I either A.)hope you are taking some artistic liberties or B.) want to know what you do for a living and how the hell I can enter such a field.:lol

Honestly, though; this thread. Seeing how everything turned out, and all of the awesome photographs and styles, and how, through all of those styles, this figure consistently looks perfect; well, let's just say I have a feeling it may be difficult for any subsequent customs to beat my first one.

Oh and PCK, yes the .45 cal cartridges.

Thank ya kindly sir :duff

Honestly, though; this thread. Seeing how everything turned out, and all of the awesome photographs and styles, and how, through all of those styles, this figure consistently looks perfect; well, let's just say I have a feeling it may be difficult for any subsequent customs to beat my first one.

Do you live in the US? How come you didn't get yours yet?

Back