[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, though, people were bouncing around this idea not long after we saw the finished sculpts, some even earlier. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but they should suddenly hold off on that because someone else decided to take it on in the meantime?

I was under the assumption that both the GBU figures and Dirty Harry are both in the "We would like to do these some day" stage. They have kicked the idea around and obviously Trevor has expressed interest, but we have had no implication that the project has started. Hey, if Trevor already started a sculpt then go for it, I get that. I was just assuming that it is an idea that is on the docket.

And hey don't worry, neither of you guys are being jerks, I understand where you guys are coming from. Just a friendly discussion :)

I was under the assumption that both the GBU figures and Dirty Harry are both in the "We would like to do these some day" stage. They have kicked the idea around and obviously Trevor has expressed interest, but we have had no implication that the project has started. Hey, if Trevor already started a sculpt then go for it, I get that. I was just assuming that it is an idea that is on the docket.

And hey don't worry, neither of you guys are being jerks, I understand where you guys are coming from. Just a friendly discussion :)

Yeah, I wasn't implying that it was a sure thing, just that they shouldn't take it off the docket because it's been done (if that were the case, there would be a lot less threads in every section of this forum:lol). My main thing is that I really, really, really want to see what Trevor can do for Harry. I'd love to see something different, like that first pic I posted.

I have the Rainman Tuco and Angel Eyes and would definitely be all in for an offering from Iminime.

As far as Dirty Harry, I purchased one from Scott, and understand where you are coming from as far as it being too close to starting another Harry figure. Another way to look at it is that Dirty Harry was a character in several of Clint's films, so starting a Dirty Harry from another film should not be an issue.

I have the Rainman Tuco and Angel Eyes and would definitely be all in for an offering from Iminime.

As far as Dirty Harry, I purchased one from Scott, and understand where you are coming from as far as it being too close to starting another Harry figure. Another way to look at it is that Dirty Harry was a character in several of Clint's films, so starting a Dirty Harry from another film should not be an issue.

That's the thing, though. THAT look is the definitive look. I remember all of the films. I love all of the films, and the quotes, but, no matter how much I like the others, whenever I hear "Dirty Harry." The first thing that pops into my head is that opening scene: "I know what you're thinking..." I don't think it's really fair to say that that is off limits because it's been done. Another thing, too, is that IMINIME could do enough to differentiate them. Take my suggestion of including a smirking head or a talking head and a hot dog.

Back on the topic of Blondie, though, I feel bad about Fam-Con. I've gone through every pic and video I could find. Some glazed over Blondie entirely, and others focused solely on the figure with the DX head; it seems like the regular head could've been invisible and it wouldn't have made a difference.:monkey2

Back on the topic of Blondie, though, I feel bad about Fam-Con. I've gone through every pic and video I could find. Some glazed over Blondie entirely, and others focused solely on the figure with the DX head; it seems like the regular head could've been invisible and it wouldn't have made a difference.:monkey2

Between the reflection of the case it was in and the shade that the hat gave the face, it was very difficult to photograph that head. I can tell you that it is an amazing sculpt. I wasn't able to get the DX set but I'll be very happy with the hatted sculpt.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You'll be happy to know all of us who where in attendance got to really see this piece shine up close and in person so we feel bad for all the people who could not attend and join all the fun and have to look at pictures!

Between the reflection of the case it was in and the shade that the hat gave the face, it was very difficult to photograph that head. I can tell you that it is an amazing sculpt. I wasn't able to get the DX set but I'll be very happy with the hatted sculpt.

Good to know. It does make me wonder why Denny didn't switch them at all over the two days. It seems like it would've been easier to get shots of the regular head if it were on the figure, and you wouldn't have to worry about the shade being an issue with the DX head.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You'll be happy to know all of us who where in attendance got to really see this piece shine up close and in person so we feel bad for all the people who could not attend and join all the fun and have to look at pictures!

Yeah, the con itself seemed awesome, but I was a little bummed that there were no good shots of the head, and, knowing what I know now, that no one was able to get any.

I thought it was a great idea to let the DX head shine, its limited, not many people will get a chance to own it, or even get a chance to see how it looks on a body, I think the correct decision was made, Blondie is sold out, there's no need to try and sell a sculpt thats no longer available and we a already love, why not let the people see the rare head that they may never have the opportunity to ever check out.

I thought it was a great idea to let the DX head shine, its limited, not many people will get a chance to own it, or even get a chance to see how it looks on a body, I think the correct decision was made, Blondie is sold out, there's no need to try and sell a sculpt thats no longer available and we a already love, why not let the people see the rare head that they may never have the opportunity to ever check out.

Well, I'm not saying that they shouldn't have let it shine, but they could've switched them up between the two days to let people see both.

Both heads are fairly rare IMO, 85 is not that many, but I do wish I was one of the 35. Oh well, I also wish I could get to a few of these Cons easier. Would like to meet many of the artist that bring this stuff to life. Maybe one day I will make it a family vacation.

I've got my own reasons for wanting to pack up and head west, so, if I ever do, I guess stuff like Fam-Con and SDCC would be an added bonus.:lol

Back to Dirty Harry for a second. For me, the two biggest quotes and scenes is "Go ahead, make my day" (Sudden Impact) and "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" (Dirty Harry).

Ok, back to our regular programming...

Last edited:
Back to Dirty ah array for a second. For me, the two biggest quotes and scenes is "Go ahead, make my day" (Sudden Impact) and "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" (Dirty Harry).

Ok, back to our regular programming...

That and "when a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.":lol

fam2013166.jpg

:drool:drool:drool

I watched A Fistfull of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More on Monday, then I had two dreams about this figure. I didn't realize how much it was on my mind.

I watched A Fistfull of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More on Monday, then I had two dreams about this figure. I didn't realize how much it was on my mind.

You're not the only one. For the past few days, I've been checking these forums like every twenty minutes to see if there are new pics or videos. I just want it to be August, already; the wait for this guy is killing me.

Every time I see the DX head I feel sad :( lol...

Denny just wont do more DX heads. That's almost 99.9% sure..

Back