If you could get only one more Buffy maquette...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If there was only one more Buffy maquette - who should it be?

• Cordelia

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Darla

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Drusilla

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • The Beast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Illyria

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • The Master

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Wesley

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Vampire Willow

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Glory

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
I voted for Illyria, but I don't know that she would really fit with the other 4 statues. Well, Maybe Spike and Angel. But I really really really want a Xander, with an eye patch and Bringer-blood stained sword.

This is really tough. I made a list of my top 10 but if I had to pick JUST ONE, it would be Giles. We really need to complete the Scooby Gang before doing other characters.

1. Giles
2. Xander (with ex switch-out eye patch head)
3. Cordelia (I want a Cheerleader Cordy!)
4. Drusilla (with ex vampire head)
5. Anya
6. Adam (This would be awesome!!! Imagine the detail!)
7.The Master (with a base like he's rising out of a pool of blood)
8.The First Slayer (I've always loved the look of her)
9.Oz (with switch-out werewolf hands and head)
10.The Judge

I really love The Judge, he looks awesome as a character but he seems to be the death of every Buffy line...that's why I saved him for last...

....maybe #11 could be Glory! I can't stop.....I keep getting ideas.....LOL! :)

I really hope SS keeps the Buffy statues coming, I love this line! :)

I really wish they'd bring back the 1:6 scale figures too, there are tons more they could do with that: Riley, Cordelia, Dawn, Harmony, Anya, Anyanka, Adam, Glory, Caleb, Joyce, The Judge, 1st Slayer, Kendra, Wesley, Jenny, a new Buffy (maybe in her Double Meat Palace uniform!)

Last edited:
The logical choice given they were core characters, arguably more than Faith, are Xander and Giles. Gotta admit, neither is very dynamic a character which explains the lack of interest SS has in either it seems, but either one of those two would balance out Willow, who does seem like the oddball in the releases so far. Rather than the bubblegum schoolgirl pose they should've put her in some kind of witchy scenario, then maybe she'd fit in better (plus that may have eliminated SS's natural inclination to go slutty on her).

If this line were to continue, I'd like to see a Xander, boring as he would be. He was in every episode but one, after all. Funny that he's not even in this poll.

The logical choice given they were core characters, arguably more than Faith, are Xander and Giles. Gotta admit, neither is very dynamic a character which explains the lack of interest SS has in either it seems, but either one of those two would balance out Willow, who does seem like the oddball in the releases so far. Rather than the bubblegum schoolgirl pose they should've put her in some kind of witchy scenario, then maybe she'd fit in better (plus that may have eliminated SS's natural inclination to go slutty on her).

If this line were to continue, I'd like to see a Xander, boring as he would be. He was in every episode but one, after all. Funny that he's not even in this poll.

And that's a similar outlook I have. Those characters definitely weren't as vibrant aesthetically as say Illyria, but they were there from the very beginning. Because of that, they're some of the most memorable characters for me and that's what I want in a statue more than anything. Illyria was a great addition to the Angel cast, but honestly, she'd probably be the last character I'd chose from this poll.

If I had to compromise, I'd probably choose Oz. It would be a nice companion piece for Willow to balance things out.

And that's a similar outlook I have. Those characters definitely weren't as vibrant aesthetically as say Illyria, but they were there from the very beginning. Because of that, they're some of the most memorable characters for me and that's what I want in a statue more than anything. Illyria was a great addition to the Angel cast, but honestly, she'd probably be the last character I'd chose from this poll.

If I had to compromise, I'd probably choose Oz. It would be a nice companion piece for Willow to balance things out.

I would prefer Tara to Oz for Willow. And we never get anything Tara.

1. Giles
2. Xander
3. Cordelia
4. Anya
5. Tara
6. Drusilla
7. Adam
8. Master
9. Glory
10. Oz

and for Angel :
1. Cordelia
2. Illyria
3. Wesley
4. Lorne
5. Fred
6. Gunn
7. Darla
8. Connor
9. Doyle
10. Lilah

Damn, where's the love for Darla? She's my favorite Buffy character. We really need a Darla maquettte especially since Sidehsow did such a terrible job with the 12" figure. Change-o-head exclusive of course.

First, I'm ALWAYS up for a new Buffy if they'll make one! I would have NO problems owning and displaying multiple Buffy's!

I can understand people voting Illyria because the statue itself would look fantastic, but she just wouldn't fit into the existing portfolio. You'd kind of have to stick her somewhere near Angel I guess (which I'd definitely do). If they did Illyria though, IMO that would mean multiple Angel show releases, so the "only one more" doesn't work.

While Giles doesn't inspire awe when one thinks about the looks of a statue, I think he'd fit in great. I'd position him between but just behind Buffy and Faith. I know he was never officially Faith's watcher, but she listened to him way more than Wesley.

Dru would work great as well but only if you're rolling with vampire Spike and/or Angel. And if we get a Dru, it'd be very disappointing not to get a Darla too!

Glory was my favorite villain and I think a statue of her would look great (would the exclusive come with a Ben head? :lol), but I'm not sure any villains would fit on a standalone basis except maybe the Master.

Cordelia and Xander go together IMO since they would complete the Scooby gang (along with a Giles). If not for the fact that I'd want the complete Scooby Gang I wouldn't even care whether they ever made a Xander, so he'd be at the bottom of my list.

Wesley would be cool, but not before Giles or the Scooby's.

Anya and Tara showed up late to the series but had impactful roles, so I would definitely be interested, but not until after the Scooby Gang for sure, and probably Dru/Darla.

Connor? LOL.

Ok, I've rambled long enough.

It always surprises me that people want the less visually interesting characters as collectibles. I'm not criticizing or anything - it's just surprising.

Like HT won't do any characters that are just guys in suits - and they've been proven right by this with the sales of Two-Face and other less interesting looking characters.

It always surprises me that people want the less visually interesting characters as collectibles. I'm not criticizing or anything - it's just surprising.

Like HT won't do any characters that are just guys in suits - and they've been proven right by this with the sales of Two-Face and other less interesting looking characters.

People also collect based on characters they love rather than just the way they look. It's not like Buffy has some cool super hero outfit with a dozen cool gadgets - she's just a blonde chick with a stake in her hand. I would have thought making the Willow statue into a Dark Willow, or a white witch Willow would have been a more visually interesting choice, yet they just went with her in a mini skirt and a back pack.

Personally I couldn't give a toss about owning an Illyria, she was in Angel for only one season and has zero ties to Buffy. The statue would look good, but I care more about the characters rather than just having to own everything because it looks good.

People also collect based on characters they love rather than just the way they look. It's not like Buffy has some cool super hero outfit with a dozen cool gadgets - she's just a blonde chick with a stake in her hand. I would have thought making the Willow statue into a Dark Willow, or a white witch Willow would have been a more visually interesting choice, yet they just went with her in a mini skirt and a back pack.

Personally I couldn't give a toss about owning an Illyria, she was in Angel for only one season and has zero ties to Buffy. The statue would look good, but I care more about the characters rather than just having to own everything because it looks good.

:goodpost:

I was about to post something similar. You have to think of the Buffyverse different than you would with superheroes. Fans of this show really loved the characters, and while someone like Giles may look like a plain character, seeing him in statue form standing next to Buffy will make the fans of the series smile, and that's what counts. I'm sure on the flip side there are casual fans of the series who would much rather see an Illyria or Dru/Darla (and I'd eventually like to see those too). To each his own.

I'm with you. I LOVE Giles and Xander but I don't find them wow additions to my collection. I would still buy them if they made them because I need to complete this line. But I would far rather scratch the Buffy line entirely and jump right into Angel with a sexy Illyria statue. :exactly:

I think an Illyria would be amazing! I think she could easily fit in well with spike and angel. I do agree that a xander and giles are very much needed! ^ I disagree bout them not having a "wow" factor i think if taken from the later seasons ( as the new line is) that they could be wowers! lol

~ no matter what ssc just don't do giles in a suit! : )

Willow and Faith doesn't have the wow factor either. Or maybe they do, if you look them from behind. They're great anyway.

I vote we open another poll with Giles and Illyria only to see who fans would like to see more in their collections!

Gaaaah this is too difficult. They'll have to make everything on the list. :wave
Voted Glory. Yeah yeah, long shot I know.

Back