If you could get only one more Buffy maquette...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If there was only one more Buffy maquette - who should it be?

• Cordelia

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Darla

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Drusilla

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • The Beast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Illyria

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • The Master

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Wesley

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Vampire Willow

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Glory

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
I was never a big Wesley fan, I don't know how popular he was with the majority of fans, but I guess like Giles, he's been ignored a bit.

I preferred Doyle and was disappointed when he left the series so early on.

What are the chances that a sixth maquette is done for this line? It's a legitimate question, not trying to be a party-pooper. I mean, I want to know. I love to dream of a complete scooby gang or the best-looking Angel characters on my shelf, but will we ever see another maquette from this line?

I don't think there is anything planned after Angel, we most likely would have heard of a new one by now :(

What are the chances that a sixth maquette is done for this line? It's a legitimate question, not trying to be a party-pooper. I mean, I want to know. I love to dream of a complete scooby gang or the best-looking Angel characters on my shelf, but will we ever see another maquette from this line?

I don't think there is anything planned after Angel, we most likely would have heard of a new one by now :(

We're getting hosed, I fear. :lol

I will bet money that there will be more pieces in this line. I don't think the fact that we haven't seen a new release in a while is reason to think that they won't make any more.
I say this because I collect the LOTR line as well, and Angel and the Ringwraith went up for pre-order at the same time (during Spook), and we haven't seen any new LOTR statues after that either. And there's no way that the LOTR line will stop now, there's still lots to come. I think SS is just a bit "slow" at bringing us new pieces at the moment. Maybe they'll bombard us again later in the year. Who knows.
It's just my theory. I try to have happy thoughts when it comes to the future of this line. :peace

We could see another piece. I'm just saying there is nothing in the works at this very moment.

I guess they could shelve the line and return to it again in a few years, afterall there was a fair bit of time between finishing the 12 inch and PF lines and starting these maquettes.

I guess they could shelve the line and return to it again in a few years, afterall there was a fair bit of time between finishing the 12 inch and PF lines and starting these maquettes.

Well, my economy would thank that, but my whedonite and collector heart would break.

Well, my economy would thank that, but my whedonite and collector heart would break.

I was thinking that maybe they were trying to be kind on our wallets, fearing that people couldn't afford so many statues back-to-back. But even if that's the case, it'd be nice for them to announce if there is another one in the works, even if it's a bit down the line. So SS, what say you? :pray: *please say yes, please say yes* :pray:

Um. N00b question but can someone tell me the difference between a maquette and a comiquette? ...or is it the same thing? lol.

Also, I'm a HUGE Buffy/Angel fan. I'd love to see Cordy! She was easily in my top 5 favorite Buffyverse characters. I might even say top 3.

Um. N00b question but can someone tell me the difference between a maquette and a comiquette? ...or is it the same thing? lol.

Also, I'm a HUGE Buffy/Angel fan. I'd love to see Cordy! She was easily in my top 5 favorite Buffyverse characters. I might even say top 3.

For the purposes of Sideshow Collectibles, a maquette is basically a small scale model/statue, where a comiquette is a model/statue specifically themed after a comic or some other similar piece of literature. You'll see the term 'comiquette' thrown around a lot in the Marvel section where it probably applies most. A lot of people use the terms interchangeably though, whether it's technically correct or not. All comiquettes are maquettes, but not vice versa. Probably WAY more than you care to know, but still. :lol

Bottomline: They're pretty much the same thing.

Welcome to the Forums, BTW. Nice to meet another Buffy fan. :rock

For the purposes of Sideshow Collectibles, a maquette is basically a small scale model/statue, where a comiquette is a model/statue specifically themed after a comic or some other similar piece of literature. You'll see the term 'comiquette' thrown around a lot in the Marvel section where it probably applies most. A lot of people use the terms interchangeably though, whether it's technically correct or not. All comiquettes are maquettes, but not vice versa. Probably WAY more than you care to know, but still. :lol

Bottomline: They're pretty much the same thing.

Welcome to the Forums, BTW. Nice to meet another Buffy fan. :rock

Haha :lol Cool, thanks for the info and the welcome! :D

Since Giles, Xander or Cordelia aren't on the bill, I voted for the Master.

*bumps thread*

It's sad that we wont get any more. I feel like I have too many duplicates with the maquettes/pf's. I appreciate the two new ones but I don't think it's enough for me to keep the set. If they pumped out a Giles and Xander, there is no way I could ever let them go. That would be complete to me. Right now it's very unbalanced. They should have just left out Willow and did the two main vamps and the two main slayers. Would have made more sense than to have Willow as the random.

I always wanted a Cordelia in school girl attire. hehe

Shush you!

She was so hot in Go Fish, plus she was the Queen B on the show. Would have loved her.

It's sad that we wont get any more. I feel like I have too many duplicates with the maquettes/pf's. I appreciate the two new ones but I don't think it's enough for me to keep the set. If they pumped out a Giles and Xander, there is no way I could ever let them go. That would be complete to me. Right now it's very unbalanced. They should have just left out Willow and did the two main vamps and the two main slayers. Would have made more sense than to have Willow as the random.

I agree. I would have liked a different approach as you noted IF Giles and Xander never came (which is what's happening. :lol) At this point, to accent Angel, I would have liked Darla. And to accent Spike, I would have liked Dru.

I always wanted a Cordelia in school girl attire. hehe

Shush you!

She was so hot in Go Fish, plus she was the Queen B on the show. Would have loved her.

She STILL looks great.

I would probably want to get Cordy or Giles. They were two characters that were there when it all started.

Back