If you could get only one more Buffy maquette...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If there was only one more Buffy maquette - who should it be?

• Cordelia

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Darla

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Drusilla

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • The Beast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Illyria

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • The Master

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Wesley

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Vampire Willow

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Glory

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
So, The Beast and Connor are definitely out, nobody seems to want a statue of them :)

Are you kidding? I have put it in almost every post in the past that I desperately wanted an Illyria and a Beast. But because so much seems so unlikely now, I have given up on typing so much out.

I really like the design of The Beast a lot, but I just don't know if I'd want a statue of him, unless we got all of the main players first.

I do always hope for a villain to be made. And I was meaning Beast if they did a villain. He would be my top choice.

I do always hope for a villain to be made. And I was meaning Beast if they did a villain. He would be my top choice.

Agreed. Top honors goes to The Beast. Although, I'd take The Master if we went for Buffy names. Actually, Adam would look pretty awesome too. So many choices now that I think of it. :lol

Agreed. Top honors goes to The Beast. Although, I'd take The Master if we went for Buffy names. Actually, Adam would look pretty awesome too. So many choices now that I think of it. :lol

I was going with Angel. I'm okay if no more Buffy characters get made. I'm sorry to those who hate me for that. We got all these 12" and stuff and I just, I NEED ANGEL!

And if only I could get Firefly PF's. My life would be complete.

I was going with Angel. I'm okay if no more Buffy characters get made. I'm sorry to those who hate me for that. We got all these 12" and stuff and I just, I NEED ANGEL!

Good point! The licenses are one-sided in terms of releases. We need to bombard Sideshow with more plea emails. :lol

Good point! The licenses are one-sided in terms of releases. We need to bombard Sideshow with more plea emails. :lol

What keeps me guessing is WHY ssc hasn't done Firefly pf's. Have they ever said? Is it a license thing? I ask only because if they think it is because they wont sell, then they are insane. Look at Trevor's sculpts. We have to pay hundreds per figure to get them done, and we are. What's an extra $50-100 for a pf to those of us already paying out? NOTHING!

As for Angel figures, maybe they don't think they are big sellers. To give us just an Illyria and Cordy (who may sell well) would anger us. They probably feel that Wes, Fred, Gunn wouldn't sell well enough, so they don't give us the ones that would, either. They know Buffy, Faith, Willow, Angel and Spike will sell well.

I really think they need to employ my expertise for a short time. They don't even have to pay me. I could put together a line that WOULD sell.

Well as I wasn't as big a fan of Angel as I was of Buffy there would be limited characters I would buy from an Angel line. Besides many of them actually started on Buffy and therefore could be incorporated in that line to begin with (Angel, Cordy, Wesley, Darla, Spike). I don't think a Gunn or Fred would do very well (would probably be on the same terms as a Giles or Xander for Buffy). So that would leave Cordy and Illyria - which are the two highest in this poll, so it would seem they would be the best figures to make next.

Out of 31 votes nobody picked The Beast or Connor, so people may want to see The Beast, but it's not THE statue that they must have compared to other characters mentioned. It would look cool though and probably the best looking "bad" character out of the shows.

If switching to Angel characters is the only way to get a Cordelia, then I'm with you.

It always surprises me that people want the less visually interesting characters as collectibles. I'm not criticizing or anything - it's just surprising.

On the opposite side, im suprised that people would rather have characters that were fairly unimportant to the show simply because they have an interesting look.

Not trying to be arguementitive or anything. Just my view.

^ x2

At $250 or more a pop, I don't think any of the ones on the list are important enough to warrant a statue that is part of a Buffy series. For me, only Xander or Giles rates.

For an Angel series, Cordelia or Wesley. Neither for Buffy.

The Beast? Connor? Really? Someone would buy a statue of Connor? Doing what? Pouting?

On a positive note, any one of these on the list (human Darla, Drusilla, VWillow) would be a buy if it were a $55 - $65 action figure.

:)

Last edited:
^ x2

At $250 or more a pop, I don't think any of the ones on the list are important enough to warrant a statue that is part of a Buffy series. For me, only Xander or Giles rates.

For an Angel series, Cordelia or Wesley. Neither for Buffy.

The Beast? Connor? Really? Someone would buy a statue of Connor? Doing what? Pouting?

On a positive note, any one of these on the list (human Darla, Drusilla, VWillow) would be a buy if it were a $55 - $65 action figure.

:)

I really liked Connor as character, but NOT as much as Giles or Xander.

The Scooby Gang gets priority here!

I really liked Connor as character, but NOT as much as Giles or Xander.

The Scooby Gang gets priority here!

The problem with Connor is that he'd be so far down the line for what people would want (I think).

For instance, in addition to some of the ones already mentioned (Scooby's, Illyria, etc) I'd rather have a Doyle statue with the exclusive, of course, being his brachen demon portrait. I know he wasn't on the show very long, but fans of Angel really loved him.

S1e9_act4zi.jpg

and of course, a Lorne statue would be pretty cool too.

180px-Lorne_pic.jpg

Seriously, there are just too many more of these that need to be made, SS needs to keep this line going.

I think Wesely definatly deserves the high-end treatment. The guy was a huge part of Angel, often eclipsing even the title character in terms of prominance on the show. And yet whenever it comes to merchandise he is repeatedly overlooked. Also he is definatly cool enough to make a interesting looking maquette.

The problem with Connor is that he'd be so far down the line for what people would want (I think).

For instance, in addition to some of the ones already mentioned (Scooby's, Illyria, etc) I'd rather have a Doyle statue with the exclusive, of course, being his brachen demon portrait. I know he wasn't on the show very long, but fans of Angel really loved him.

S1e9_act4zi.jpg

and of course, a Lorne statue would be pretty cool too.

180px-Lorne_pic.jpg

Seriously, there are just too many more of these that need to be made, SS needs to keep this line going.

If we got a Cordy to accompany Angel, I'd be all for a Doyle. And your suggestion for the Exclusive option would be perfect, perfect, perfect.

That's something I'd like to see (but sadly, I doubt will happen.)

I wish Sideshow would answer some of our inquiries about this line. I know a few of us have emailed their 'Q&A' department and still no reply. You would think IF the line were to continue, they would already have something in the works. The 'finished product' Angel was revealed 8 months ago now.

Just a simple 'yes' or 'no' would do. That's all I'm looking for.

Then that kind of begs the question: Does Sideshow even have the Angel license? They obviously have Buffy, but Angel should be a separate thing all together. I don't even know how to find that out, short of asking.

Back