Idea for Aragorn (Helm's Deep Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d be in for a Helms Deep Legolas too. But if they do him they need to include the accessories we need to also have a pre-Lothlorien Legolas.

I feel like instead of just doing an accessory pack, you'd be better off doing a complete version of Aragorn for the Crown Line with his complete Strider gear (including his travel poncho and hopefully an improved, thicker quality green coat), elven cloak, chainmail, grey and red shirts, Andruil with correct belt and sheath. Maybe an alternative headsculpt (a better version of the original angry face sculpt) both with PERS. I'd rather spend more on a full, definitive version rather than incomplete piece-meal versions.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Agree with this!

I feel like instead of just doing an accessory pack, you'd be better off doing a complete version of Aragorn for the Crown Line with his complete Strider gear (including his travel poncho and hopefully an improved, thicker quality green coat), elven cloak, chainmail, grey and red shirts, Andruil with correct belt and sheath. Maybe an alternative headsculpt (a better version of the original angry face sculpt) both with PERS. I'd rather spend more on a full, definitive version rather than incomplete piece-meal versions.

I would enthusiastically throw hundreds at this, and possibly even get two.

I would enthusiastically throw hundreds at this, and possibly even get two.
A definitive version is long over due and yeah, I'd want at least two versions to display!

THIS is the Aragorn I'll throw my money at!

I think The Black Gates Aragorn with armoured Brego is more worthy of the Crown Series so we can finally replicate his encounter with The Mouth of Sauron. And here’s a related thought- as the Crown Series is all about no compromises to figures which may otherwise be unachievable under regular production means - I think we may finally know how we’re gonna get that 1/6 Sauron.

For the Helms Deep Aragorn - I’d add to please make the boots either from fabric or in two pieces of plastic which would allow for a good range of ankle articulation. And if the even cloak is included- change the way the lothlorien leaf attaches so it can sit in the correct position.

If they made a crown aragorn from helms deep but also with his coat and vambraces id happily pay 350 for it, and I already own the first release plus the upgraded head

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Agree !!
but if you have to do only a Helm's deep version, the most important point is real chainmail. I don't really care about accessories like a base, orc head...
:)

I think this should be a Crown figure.
The ultimate Fellowship/ Two Towers Aragorn.
Give him his full Strider gear and battle of Helms Deep gear with chain mail armor.
A Helms Deep Aragorn would be pretty bare bones as figures go.
If you weren’t going to do a Strider/ Helms combo, a Helms Deep Aragorn should have a “wet” look.

I think this should be a Crown figure.
The ultimate Fellowship/ Two Towers Aragorn.
Give him his full Strider gear and battle of Helms Deep gear with chain mail armor.
A Helms Deep Aragorn would be pretty bare bones as figures go.
If you weren’t going to do a Strider/ Helms combo, a Helms Deep Aragorn should have a “wet” look.

I like the idea of a Strider/Helm combo. If it only comes with one head sculpt, wet and dirty would not be the way to go — limits what can be done.

Helms Deep is fine, but I'd actually prefer a Return of the King/Black Gate Aragorn especially with his armored horse. To me that would make for a much more epic display.

Helms Deep is fine, but I'd actually prefer a Return of the King/Black Gate Aragorn especially with his armored horse. To me that would make for a much more epic display.

Helm's Deep would be neat but for Crown I concur that RotK is more fitting.

Real chainmail is still too expensive to the prospect of mass production at moment. Unless there is an invention of using machine to make them, at moment hand make real chainmail in 1/6 is properly impractical, it will simply takes too long to do.

I don't know if you guys know, but the good old days of cheap labor in China is long gone... workers in factory is carrying smartphone, playing online games, go to movies and dress nice in now. Off work on Sunday is even a must condition in their contracts.

The double shift, hard labor, even law breaking child labor is no longer exist, you cannot even find young guys around 20's to work in a factory, they rather work in McDonalds or drive Didi (China's uber)

Times are changing

Real chainmail is still too expensive to the prospect of mass production at moment. Unless there is an invention of using machine to make them, at moment hand make real chainmail in 1/6 is properly impractical, it will simply takes too long to do.

All the figures I’ve seen with real chainmail are also really expensive. I’d rather the money went to two really good head sculpts — one normal, to be a combination Strider/Helms Deep, and one wet and dirty for a Helms Deep specific look.

Are you considering a Helms Deep Aragorn as part of the Crown line? Or as a regular release?

Because if it's a regular release, then the sculpted chainmail used with Eomer would be just fine with me.

Personally my favorite look for Aragorn is Strider/Fellowship so if there were to be a "Crown" release of Aragorn, I'd prefer it to be from Fellowship. It would also go well with the Fellowship Gandalf the Grey Crown coming.

I'd rather see Helms Deep and Black Gate Aragorns as standard releases.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well maybe a chainmail similar to the type that coomodel uses...it looks pretty good and allows more movement than sculpted mail. I’m sure I’d buy this but for crown version of Aragorn I’d still want the king Aragorn look. I love the strider fellowship look but I’m happy with my current asmus Aragorn

Back