1/6 HT Robocop MMS204 Repaint (Robocop 2 Colors) Robocop 1 pg4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant repaint Darkspider !
I can always remember him been more blue image.jpg
I thought that hot toys prototype had the colour spot on
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Great paint work Dark_Spidey, but as recently stated, for me its more dark blue-grey than blue-purple. Guess it all depends on the lights used on the set when it was filmed or different suits used. In the police station shooting range it was blue, and in the shop, it looked more purple. I prefer the first option and HTs proto did not look bad but it wasnt dark enough. I am happy with the final result but they should have made more effort in the paintwork, maybe in the future will repaint it if you still give the service.

Darkspideys first pics of robos paint in this thread remind me more of robocop 2.

I'll be repainting this guy this weekend

Should he have blood on him? Not movie accurate, but would look cool. Thoughts?

Waiting for the final result. Good luck!! I would go for his stage right after killing Clarence when his blood sprays Robocop and before going into the OCP building for the last confrontation with Jones.

Thing is, it really depends on what blu ray edition what you got. I doubt these screenshots were taken from the latest one, because I can't remember him being that dark a blue overall.

But I will try one like that at some point

What Tamiya colors? Is the blue a special mix or straight from the bottle? I can only remember the Tamiya clear blue being a very deep blue color.

Love it! I am so wanting to repaint one using Model Master Anthracite. Of course all the panel lines would need to be repainted then but it's just a matter of time taken.

thanks, man!

yeah I've been wanting to do a full repaint. More work but the result would be well worth it.

Still you can get pretty good results just working with transparent paints

I'm an original robo fan but prefer your robo 2 repaint
Even the 1st version is leaps and bounds better than chromocop

Hi Everyone,

I tried another repaint of my Robo - I wasn’t happy with my first attempt.

I saw the awesome repaints Dark Spidey was doing and that inspired me to play around with mine.

I did a version based on the really blue screen captures from RoboCop 1. It’s kind of a creative interpretation, since his colors seem to shift from scene to scene.

I always thought he had a deeper bluish/purplish color in Robo 1, rather than just steel gray.
It’s so hard to nail down what his “official” color should be.

I used 4 basic colors: deep blue, purple, black and a little sliver. I misted them mixed together and separately in spots. He’s really more gray/blue than the photos convey.

Just like Dark Spidey’s technique, I let the original “chrome” paint show through. It’s more of a heavy tinting than a full layer of paint.

I think I need to add more blue to his "headband" now that I see the pics.

Anyways, I like him better than the factory chrome paint ; )

Thanks for looking!

Back