1/6 By-Art Black Transcendent (Black Suit Superman)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacerc130

Super Freak
Reaction score

I was planning on getting the base from this to go with the Hot Toys version, but after seeing this review I decided to take the plunge and order. I will give my personal review/pics when I get it in hand. But seeing the review from Justin definitely helped me make my decision.

I didn't see a thread about this figure anywhere so I made one for anyone who was not aware of this figure or that there is at least 1 video review on him. Here ya go. Not here to debate Hot Toys being better or this being better, just sharing information.

My 2 cents, there is draw backs in both Hot Toys and By-art version.

Hot Toys draw backs:
Long wait till release (Jul-Sep 2022)
standard JL base
Re-used BVS sculpt
Overly shinning suit due to chrome body underneath (IMHO)
Chest symbol is too bright of a silver color (IMHO)

By-Art draw backs:
Body slightly out of scale
Normal headsculpt is a little off in likeness (OSK sculpt needed)
cape should be charcoal color not black

You know, dare I say this may actually be a better effort than HT’s black suit Superman. I actually like the likeness on both sculpts (not to mention the hair is JL accurate as opposed to the now second time recycled BvS sculpt), the body and tailoring looks to be commendable, and you get the really nice diorama base. The only thing I don’t really like is the way the cape appears to drape, but that’s very minor.

If I had an interest in a black suit Superman (currently have MoS and BvS), I think I’d be more apt to go with this figure in lieu of picking up a parted out solo HT figure. Granted the HT one has yet to be seen, but based on what I’m expecting out of it, I think this figure may actually be the better choice.

It’s funny how these third parties are really upping their games and can actually deliver some pleasant surprises.

Cool review.

Last edited:
You know, dare I say this may actually be a better effort than HT’s black suit Superman. I actually like the likeness on both sculpts (not to mention the hair is JL accurate as opposed to the now second time recycled BvS sculpt), the body and tailoring looks to be commendable, and you get the really nice diorama base. The only thing I don’t really like is the way the cape appears to drape, but that’s very minor.

If I had an interest in a black suit Superman (currently have MoS and BvS), I think I’d be more apt to go with this figure in lieu of picking up a parted out solo HT figure. Granted the HT one has yet to be seen, but based on what I’m expecting out of it, I think this figure may actually be the better choice.

It’s funny how these third parties are really upping their games and can actually deliver some pleasant surprises.

Cool review.
I'm right there with you. I'd agree personally that I think this is actually a better release than what HT has planned for black suit. Now of course they could always up their game before the release but I kind of doubt it.

I feel the same way with alot of these third party companies. I think they are refining their sculpts, and production processes that is yielding higher quality closing that gap between HT quality and third party quality.

Seems like HT is only focusing on Star Wars and Marvel. Who know's may be part of the license stipulation or just their view of where the money is. Either way its left a huge void that other companies are stepping up to fill and upping their game in the process.

That base is really nice, would be perfect setup next to Knightmare. But the suit is looking a bit lower grade in comparison though.

Received it and swapped the body for JLA chrome body and head sculpt.
It’s perfect. I won’t get the hot toys one unless they do a new sculpt, I would get the head only.
But they won’t.
I have 2 eleven kit head but the paint is way too soft /flat for me for now. I may have it reworked a bit.
Funny tho I think knock off of eleven kit heads on eBay have a better look…

On the black transcendent itself.
I hate worldbox bodies, I wish byart or anybody copied the hot toys supes bodies such are the best superhero bodies out there with or without the muscular add ons.
The laser head is great and looks like that shot from the movie when he’s punching Steppenwolf.
The normal sculpt is meh.
The wired cape, my first, is giving some work but is quite ne
The dio is great but way too heavy maybe they could have it hollow, man of steel bvs JLA fly stands are not that heavy and still support the figure.
The magnet system is awesome, two strong magnets in the back of the body hold the figure on the magnetic pole. It’s ingenious and works great.
I’m going to track magnet like those and modify probably some of my supes to fit that magnet pole.

here is some crappy pics, one with flash (cooler in natural light)to show how the chrome body looks great.
EE668A9E-14C2-48B2-B4DF-D9D5EA581EBC.jpeg
E80179ED-5F0B-48DF-AD55-29DB08F5CF12.jpeg

Last edited:
Was it hard to remove the suit? And do the by art sculpts fit the JL body?

Last edited:
Was it hard to remove the suit? And do the by art sculpts fit the JL body?
No the suit has a zip and the cape is attached to the suit. Very easy just remove the hands peg as they are pointy to avoid damaging the suit.

The boots are not attached so easy to remove.
But you have to mod them to fit hot toys feet pegs, worldbox pegs are a tad bigger.
so I added a layer of glue inside the boots peg holes with a brush let it dry tested hot toys pegs and redone twice it until it was tight.
You can use nail polish too, steady hand for both but since the Color is black no worries about stains.
I then glued the top of the boots so the don’t slip down and avoid too much folds at the ankles.
One important details is that since bvs supes I’ve been using longer feet pegs on my supes as it gives them better body proportions.
So it helps with the boots too.

the regular headsculpt fits on hot toys body but you need to use the hot toys neck peg as worldbox is a tad bigger.
The laser head has the same issue so you will need to shave a bit the light up neck plug if you want to use it but the led light kinda suck, too soft.
I tried the hot toys led neck plug from the JLA head and it works great with the byart laser headsculpt.

No the suit has a zip and the cape is attached to the suit. Very easy just remove the hands peg as they are pointy to avoid damaging the suit.

The boots are not attached so easy to remove.
But you have to mod them to fit hot toys feet pegs, worldbox pegs are a tad bigger.
so I added a layer of glue inside the boots peg holes with a brush let it dry tested hot toys pegs and redone twice it until it was tight.
You can use nail polish too, steady hand for both but since the Color is black no worries about stains.
I then glued the top of the boots so the don’t slip down and avoid too much folds at the ankles.
One important details is that since bvs supes I’ve been using longer feet pegs on my supes as it gives them better body proportions.
So it helps with the boots too.

the regular headsculpt fits on hot toys body but you need to use the hot toys neck peg as worldbox is a tad bigger.
The laser head has the same issue so you will need to shave a bit the light up neck plug if you want to use it but the led light kinda suck, too soft.
I tried the hot toys led neck plug from the JLA head and it works great with the byart laser headsculpt.
Thanks, Guess I should start hunting for a spare body.

EDIT: I just bought a whole new other figure and will part it out to try and recoup as much as possible.

Last edited:

EDIT: I just bought a whole new other figure and will part it out to try and recoup as much as possible.
Best way to go.
I would keep the hands, heads depends on your taste but use the hot toys light up neck with the byart laser head it look great.
If you sell the cape Only let me know :)

You selling the laser vision head? I’m interested if so.

Is anyone selling him for retail? I can't find any trusted shops, there are few available on various websites but I have never got anything from them... just emailed to Kit Chen, probably sold out but still worth of trying. Figure looks great tho, totally regretting to not preordering it,but stock photos didn't look as good.

Is anyone selling him for retail? I can't find any trusted shops, there are few available on various websites but I have never got anything from them... just emailed to Kit Chen, probably sold out but still worth of trying. Figure looks great tho, totally regretting to not preordering it,but stock photos didn't look as good.
The first was good so it was a sure thing this one would be on par.

Email giantoy or kghobby doubt kit will be helpful🙂

The first was good so it was a sure thing this one would be on par.

Email giantoy or kghobby doubt kit will be helpful🙂
Will do! Thank you! Kit hasn't any available unfortunately

unfortunately none had him available, so I ended up buying on ebay for 239$ shipping included.
Other listings are for way more so didn't wait for the lower price,as I remember retail price was close to 200$ anyway.

Last edited:
Back