1/6 By-Art Black Transcendent (Black Suit Superman)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the HT or custom head sculpt fit on this figure? I really want a black suited Cavill but I don’t like sculpt on this, and there’s no way I’m buying the two pack Batman/Superman.

I just want the laser vision head that comes with this set.

Does the HT or custom head sculpt fit on this figure? I really want a black suited Cavill but I don’t like sculpt on this, and there’s no way I’m buying the two pack Batman/Superman.
Yes any head will fit, you might just need to heat up the rubber peg I side the head to fit easier.

I just want the laser vision head that comes with this set.
You can have mine when it arrives? Can’t promise how long I’ll take to mail it, death in the family has me way behind on stuff, but shouldn’t be more than a couple of weeks. DM me.

How tall is it when you have him in the flying position?
I preordered the 2nd wave of this. Giantoy says they are processing them and will be shipping soon.

so got mine from the 2nd release and it was entirely broken. the neck peg was stuck and when they packaged it they didnt try to get it moving and instead just jammed the head onto the peg, which tore the peg. i tried moving it just slightly and the rest of it tore off. and the magnet is extremely weak and doesnt hold him up. to say im dissapointed would be a massive understatement :(
been trying to repair the neck peg since the body is so solid that i cant get it out to replace it but that has been a nightmare too :(. its a shame since the first release of it seemed so good
I put in a request to get a replacement body but i'm not very hopeful on them actually doing it

so got mine from the 2nd release and it was entirely broken. the neck peg was stuck and when they packaged it they didnt try to get it moving and instead just jammed the head onto the peg, which tore the peg. i tried moving it just slightly and the rest of it tore off. and the magnet is extremely weak and doesnt hold him up. to say im dissapointed would be a massive understatement :(
been trying to repair the neck peg since the body is so solid that i cant get it out to replace it but that has been a nightmare too :(. its a shame since the first release of it seemed so good
I put in a request to get a replacement body but i'm not very hopeful on them actually doing it
wow that's terrible to hear! so sorry.

Possible guide for getting out the remaining bits of the neck peg below based on your description of the situation:
  1. try drilling a small screw into what remains of the neckpeg
  2. heat up the neck area with a hair dryer if you have one, or soak the neck in boiling water. This will soften the plastic.
  3. Pull the neck peg out with the screw you drilled in previously using pliers. make sure to do this while the neck portion is still hot from the hairdryer/boiling water. Otherwise, you'll have to heat all over again.

wow that's terrible to hear! so sorry.

Possible guide for getting out the remaining bits of the neck peg below based on your description of the situation:
  1. try drilling a small screw into what remains of the neckpeg
  2. heat up the neck area with a hair dryer if you have one, or soak the neck in boiling water. This will soften the plastic.
  3. Pull the neck peg out with the screw you drilled in previously using pliers. make sure to do this while the neck portion is still hot from the hairdryer/boiling water. Otherwise, you'll have to heat all over again.
they used an AT027 body which is solid plastic so there is no getting it out like the other bodies sadly. If they don't replace it i'm just screwed and cancelling my other orders with by-art

they used an AT027 body which is solid plastic so there is no getting it out like the other bodies sadly. If they don't replace it i'm just screwed and cancelling my other orders with by-art
Yes, I am familiar with that body. I have quite a few and have experience customizing them. Heating it up is actually possible, it just will take a little more time under the heat since it's a sturdier plastic, but it will work. If you have a picture, I could assess the damage a little more and give better instructions unless you rather just not deal with it at all which I would completely understand as well. Just trying to help you salvage what's left if it all possible :duff

Yes, I am familiar with that body. I have quite a few and have experience customizing them. Heating it up is actually possible, it just will take a little more time under the heat since it's a sturdier plastic, but it will work. If you have a picture, I could assess the damage a little more and give better instructions unless you rather just not deal with it at all which I would completely understand as well. Just trying to help you salvage what's left if it all possible :duff
im letting some gorilla glue dry on it now hoping that gets the peg on again, but i probably wont be able to move the head without it just snapping again. it was a pretty bad tear that was on it. if it was a clean tear i would feel a little more confident in it. But if they dont replace it i have another one of those bodies i can just paint and replace it with. but there wont be any magnets :(

and ya, im still pretty new to collecting. just started collecting this year so I dont trust myself doing anything too drastic to it to fix it. I'm hoping the gorilla glue works. This was the one i was excited for the most so it arriving in a way that isnt even remotely useable was insanely disappointing. Even if i get it working the magnets are still to weak for him to be in the flying pose, which is the only reason I went with this one

So what looks like they did was just force the head on when the peg was stuck in a far back position and it tore the peg. I got it on as straight as I could but Once I put the head back on I won't be able to position it around incase it breaks it off again. So ill try to get him in a Position I like when I put it on and call it a day. The other Challenge will getting him in his flying position on the stand since the magnets are so incredibly weak. Even the magnets on the base are insanely weak for the brick pieces and they feel like they are just sitting there with no magnetic resistance holding them in
1667168367559.png

I can understand your trepidation on doing any work on it. But from what I can see, if you heat up the neck area long enough (about 2 mins at the very least) with a hair dryer if you have access to one and use needle nose pliers instead of regular pliers, you'd be able to grab the little bit of peg left and pull it out pretty easily. Then just replace with another peg you may have or buy a peg off eBay.

The gorilla glue won't hold forever if at all, I'm afraid. the only way to make the current peg more secure would be to drill a small hole in both pieces, them glue in a metal pin or wire into the holes to really secure the two pieces together. That will reinforce the joint at the break and prevent it from sheering off. Sort of like a mortise and tenon joint

You actually don't really want a clean break as there is nothing for the super glue to 'bite' into when it's a clean break. So, even if it was a clean break, my advice would've been to use some sandpaper to lightly sand both broken ends to give yourself a better chance of both halves holding.

Another idea (on top of Gipetto's great ideas) is to cut the stump off flush with the ball in the neck. Drill a recess into the ball. Get a 3D printed peg made (should be less than 5 dollars), with only a ball on one end and an extra long stump then glue that into the ball. I've had a few pegs made for my customs, they were super cheap.
If you want to go super, super simple, just put double-sided tape around the top of the neck and position the head where you want. The worst case is you need to add new tape if you move it.

they are sending a new neck peg but im kinda paranoid on getting it out, but i guess ill have to try. I'm going to have to replace the magnets myself i guess. a bit worried about that part.

Back