1/6 Scratchbuilt ROM Spaceknight 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulsaman

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, admin please move if it belongs in a different area ( couldn?t find a ?custom figures? section ).

I wanted to share my COVID project, a 1/6 scale custom ROM figure made from scratch. I actually I started this more than 2 years ago but really focused on finishing it last year. He?s got light up eyes, thrusters and his torso lights have a ?breathing? motion. He has pretty good mobility except for his upper torso, If I wanted mobility there, then look of his armor would suffer. I ended up deciding to not have upper torso movement so that the armor looked more accurate.

I did a lot of image research and I was surprised to find out how ROM?s armor changed so much depending on who drew him. I made sketches and I was going to make him very detailed with a more updated modern look but the more I did that, the less like ROM he looked. I ended up going back to the drawing board and going for a more ?classic? look. Major influences for me were Michael Golden and of course Sal Buscema. I did take some liberty in designing his ?jet pack? and Neutralizer.

The paint isn?t as good as I would?ve liked because working chrome paint was a MAJOR pain! It took me 3 full attempts of sanding, painting, messing it up and then removing the all the paint and starting again, to finally get the paint to look decent. Maybe in the future I will repaint again him but for now this will do.

Still, with all the imperfections, I?m really happy with how he turned out.

I?ve added a whole bunch of photos. Hope you like it!

ROM 1.jpg
ROM 2.jpg
ROM 9.jpg
ROM 10.jpg
ROM 11.jpg
ROM 20.jpg

I have had a ROM comic book in my collection since I was a kid because it came in some large lot my parents got me for christmas. I never read it. :lol

But your figure looks amazing!

I do remember buying and reading the ROM comic books as a kid. That figure looks excellent and brought back some memories. Bravo! Well Done!

Thanks!! Yeah not a lot of people remember ol? ROM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow!! For a longtime ROM fan such as myself, THIS is action figure nirvana!! You did an outstanding job, putting to shame not only the original ROM “action” figure, but any and all customs I’ve ever seen of him! Two thumbs WAAAAAY up!!!!

Wow!! For a longtime ROM fan such as myself, THIS is action figure nirvana!! You did an outstanding job, putting to shame not only the original ROM “action” figure, but any and all customs I’ve ever seen of him! Two thumbs WAAAAAY up!!!!
Thank you! Glad you liked it! 😁

how the hell did oyu do that? custom sculpted bits professionally sanded and painted in chrome?

Back