1/6 HT Robocop MMS204 Repaint (Robocop 2 Colors) Robocop 1 pg4!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air brushing isn't as difficult as you might think, especially if you practice a little bit. Plus it would save you about a $700. :lol

Thanks snoop! Haha, it certainly would save a bit of money : ) I have some experience with airbrushing, especially having built the BTTF DeLorean in 1/24 and having used Alclad lacquers to achieve a near perfect stainless finish (albeit without the grain effect of the metal). The only worry is keeping the surfaces of the figure free from dust particles and then building up the layers bit by bit. But Spidey seemed to have the right idea with transparent paints; the factory finish already has the shine so a few thin layers of black should make a world of difference.

No matter how busy you are you should always answer your emails not leave it for a few months
It?s not asking a lot to be honest

No matter how busy you are you should always answer your emails not leave it for a few months
Cheers
I hope so too, I will be gutted if not
Well I’m still waiting for my Robocop on the 7th of January 2022. The last time I emailed him September 2021 I got the usual answer off of Kev (DarkSpideyCustoms) he says “its nearly finished, I will send some pictures in a few days” though the pictures never materialised.
I think I’ve been well and truly ripped off so just a WARNING for you about DarkSpideyCustoms

I hate it when people get burned like this. Hopefully it all turns out ok but you are absolutely right it takes minutes to reply to an email. I did consider a repaint ages ago but I decided just to leave Robo stock.

Guys the french community should be aware of that and might help.

It seems that he lives in my city too.

Please give me his full infos in private, who sent what to him, money figures.

Last edited:
Didn't someone say it looked like DarkSpidey was the one who was painting the Oniri Creations Robo? Could it be he's bogged down with that somehow and he's being shadey not explaining that the custom Robo stuff is on hold?

Last edited:
That's a shame. So you're out both the figure and the repaint fee?
I’m just out of a figure and £50 pounds which is about $80 dollars for his paints, that’s all cash wise he had asked for so far…as he hadn’t finished it yet.

OK, well, that still sucks.

This is what puts me off any sort of commission work. The only custom I ever bought was already completed.

I’m just out of a figure and £50 pounds which is about $80 dollars for his paints, that’s all cash wise he had asked for so far…as he hadn’t finished it yet.
Don’t you have his address? I’d be flying to that MF’ers house regardless of the cost lol.

I’m just out of a figure and £50 pounds which is about $80 dollars for his paints, that’s all cash wise he had asked for so far…as he hadn’t finished it ye

Yes i have his address, probably moved though
He hasn't.
His Instagram Facebook still shows the same space where he works from.
I can get in touch with him if you want your figure, money back and cancel the deal.
At least he will tell me what's going on in french lol

He hasn't.
His Instagram Facebook still shows the same space where he works from.
I can get in touch with him if you want your figure, money back and cancel the deal.
At least he will tell me what's going on in french lol
Are you his assistant?

Well as I tought Kevin Spidey was very busy with the company Oniri creation, and by a weird coincidence (I posted about looking a 3d hair artist using a pic of his latest oniri sculpt Wich was not supposed to be public and he investigated me)
we got to talk directly about something else, and I asked about this commission matter.

It's not as clear cut as Kevin just ignoring our collector's friend.

There's been some back and forth and some very not nice words about his work on this commission.
And Kevin is an artist not a machine, so he was not very happy with the way he was treated.

Still he acknowledged being wrong by being very late with this commission and he's making it right as I'm typing this.

After 70hrs of work for this commission on a BD Robocop he decided to offer the repaint.
It's a lot of money from what I gather and I think it's a very generous gesture.

I don't agree with Kevin gesture, as I think that work deserves to be paid.
I myself been waiting for 2 years for a real leather set for my kaneda figure and will pay it in full when the artist will deliver.

But Kevin hate having a bad reputation, and the dozen happy customers can vouch for him.
He don't want one...complicated customer to spoil an impeccable track records.

So rejoice you are getting an awesome repaint for free.
I think the right gesture on your part would be to actually pay it or a part of it but won't happen.

Btw Kevin didn't want to add to the drama himself by posting here, he has better things to do but I felt after talking with him that his reputation deserved to stay clean.

Last edited:
I have waited over 3 years for Kevin to do the paint job, in that time my younger brother has got married and had two kids and my Grandad as died…that’s how long it’s been.
I sent the robocop to Kev and he received it on the 28th October 2018 !!! It’s now February 2022.
Kevin said he was going take 3 months to do the job and we agreed a price.
Over the past three years I have emailed him and he hasn’t answered my emails for months on end…other people have had to get in contact with him.
When he finally manage to surface after months he says he his going to send me some pictures of his work but they never materialised, ( one set of pictures in the last three years ) lastly Kevin said he is going to do it for free on one of the last emails because he had taken so long, I have said nothing ! not a word about getting it done free, that was Kevin…I haven’t even replied to that gesture.

I just wanted him do the job and gladly pay him, Kevin should answer his emails and if he his so busy he shouldn’t take other jobs on.
I have done nothing wrong but wait patiently and lastly there as been
NO nasty emails or falling out with Kevin.

Last edited:
I havent read anything in your post that goes against what i/he said.
He aknowledged that it took wayyyy too long and should have communicated better.
About salty words being exchanged it might be something lost in translation or simply differences in sensibilities.
About HIM offering the painting for free (because he dont want to be badmouthed) not that YOU asked it.
Yeah its a classic case that customizers take more than they can chew on, he aknowledged it.
he will not do that again from what i understood.;;

In the end whats cool is that your paint is done and you are finally getting it.
More power to you if ou are actually paying for it.

Please do share pic when you get it :)

Back