1/6 By-Art Black Transcendent (Black Suit Superman)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will do! Thank you! Kit hasn't any available unfortunately

unfortunately none had him available, so I ended up buying on ebay for 239$ shipping included.
Other listings are for way more so didn't wait for the lower price,as I remember retail price was close to 200$ anyway.
Its still a good price considering the Dio, Wich is very heavy.
Enjoy.

436B3D24-AA0E-4071-8356-C8CE0947C9C6.jpeg
This body is not so good. Can’t wait to mod it. Kinda want to paint is a more brighter, shiney silver on the crest. Any tips?

Yep that body is really weird.
The sculpted muscles are all over the place. Works well for a clothed character but with a tight super suit it sucks.
Just like their last shorter bulkier body.
Cool idea but weird execution.

Still hoping some ko of hot toys supes bodies. Wich are the best bodies around.

I like the flat silver, it's accurate.

Last edited:
Received it and swapped the body for JLA chrome body and head sculpt.
It’s perfect. I won’t get the hot toys one unless they do a new sculpt, I would get the head only.
But they won’t.
I have 2 eleven kit head but the paint is way too soft /flat for me for now. I may have it reworked a bit.
Funny tho I think knock off of eleven kit heads on eBay have a better look…

On the black transcendent itself.
I hate worldbox bodies, I wish byart or anybody copied the hot toys supes bodies such are the best superhero bodies out there with or without the muscular add ons.
The laser head is great and looks like that shot from the movie when he’s punching Steppenwolf.
The normal sculpt is meh.
The wired cape, my first, is giving some work but is quite ne
The dio is great but way too heavy maybe they could have it hollow, man of steel bvs JLA fly stands are not that heavy and still support the figure.
The magnet system is awesome, two strong magnets in the back of the body hold the figure on the magnetic pole. It’s ingenious and works great.
I’m going to track magnet like those and modify probably some of my supes to fit that magnet pole.

here is some crappy pics, one with flash (cooler in natural light)to show how the chrome body looks great.View attachment 552780View attachment 552781
I agree with you the worldbox body is horrible. Did you have to do any trimming on the legs of the suit or anything to get it to fit?

I tried a body swap to the Bvs Superman body and it looks pretty good but the suit is a bit loose on him and long. Is the JL body bigger than Bvs body? To my knowledge it was the same buddy just chromed.

As you said same bodies for jla and Bvs but chrome.

I did cut a bit on the legs but there's a few that I do to all my supes bodies that might have helped.

First I use longer feet pegs for better proportions, and I put foam around them to avoid to have an empty space that create weird folds at the boots ankles.

Once I have the right length of the suit at the ankles (before putting the boots on) I glue it to avoid the suit to go up when I put the boots on.

I glue the tip of the boots so they don't go down either.

My bodies also have added muscles at the biceps.
So they might fill the suit a bit more.

I also warm up the suit as it loosened a bit then get tighter when get cold.

Hope some of this helpS 🙂

Hard to tell from pics, but is the suit material thicker than the original HT suit material in that the silver on the under body still doesn't shine through? It's one of the things I really like about Cavill's suits, but it's hard to tell in both the black suit and blue suit Transcendent figures actually how much of the silver underbody shines through their suits. I've looked at tons of video reviews and some it looks pretty good and in others it looks like it doesn't even make a difference.

The byart body is not chrome, it's flat silver so it doesn't shine.

My hot toys chrome body shine under the byart suit which is not thicker than hot toys.

The byart body is not chrome, it's flat silver so it doesn't shine.

My hot toys chrome body shine under the byart suit which is not thicker than hot toys.
Thanks for the info. I knew it was flat silver, but the HT BVS superman body is also fairly flat silver and it shines through the BVS suit nice enough (not as nice as the chrome obviously) but enough, so was just trying to get some clarification.

I actually do like the by-art body as whole other than being a little too tall. My plan was to mod the lower legs to shorten them a bit and shave down the calves some so the boots look nicer when pulled up. Then was going to add some shiney silver leaf to see if it brings it out the shine under the suit a bit more. As nice as the HT body looks, there are things that bother me about it, so I was thinking of trying something new with the By-art body if it was possible. Just don't want to waste money :lol

Thanks for your input :hi5:

EDIT: This was my heavily customized MoS Superman with BVS body so wanted to see if this was potentially achievable with the By art body since they both seem to have the same type of silver on the base body.

IMG_2663.jpg

I decided not to mod this figure, I just went ahead and ordered the 2 pack. Now I have an extra superman figure that I cant seem to sell off lol. But, with Cyborg on pre order, the league is complete.

As you said same bodies for jla and Bvs but chrome.

I did cut a bit on the legs but there's a few that I do to all my supes bodies that might have helped.

First I use longer feet pegs for better proportions, and I put foam around them to avoid to have an empty space that create weird folds at the boots ankles.

Once I have the right length of the suit at the ankles (before putting the boots on) I glue it to avoid the suit to go up when I put the boots on.

I glue the tip of the boots so they don't go down either.

My bodies also have added muscles at the biceps.
So they might fill the suit a bit more.

I also warm up the suit as it loosened a bit then get tighter when get cold.

Hope some of this helpS 🙂
Thank you yes this was a big help. I had the dreaded broken ankle cup but found a great fix that adds height. I dremeled out the ankle cup and used ankle cups for the ZC toys body (ankle cups are much longer). These cups have a peg at the base and I dremeled out a hole in the bottome of the ankle cup area of the HT BVS body to insert and glue. Very sturdy and added about 1/4 inch in height.

Also dremeled holes in the back and took the magnets from the By-Art body and put them in the BVS body worked perfectly! I'll try to snap some pictures. (I used the BVS body because I don't care for the black suit to be too shiny). I noticed in the movie he only really looks shiny like that at the end when they are all standing on top the reactor waiting for the transport ship. Just my preference.

But since the bodies are the same excpet paint job, the same mods should be easy to do on the JL body as well.

Thank you yes this was a big help. I had the dreaded broken ankle cup but found a great fix that adds height. I dremeled out the ankle cup and used ankle cups for the ZC toys body (ankle cups are much longer). These cups have a peg at the base and I dremeled out a hole in the bottome of the ankle cup area of the HT BVS body to insert and glue. Very sturdy and added about 1/4 inch in height.

Also dremeled holes in the back and took the magnets from the By-Art body and put them in the BVS body worked perfectly! I'll try to snap some pictures. (I used the BVS body because I don't care for the black suit to be too shiny). I noticed in the movie he only really looks shiny like that at the end when they are all standing on top the reactor waiting for the transport ship. Just my preference.

But since the bodies are the same excpet paint job, the same mods should be easy to do on the JL body as well.
Great.
Yeah those breaking ankle cup are a pain. Also on terminators bodies. The zc toys are great and longer so they avoid you from having to use longer feet pegs.
I had another solution, so I don't sacrifice a body I used feet extenders white ones available on ebay, gluing on one side a feet peg, the I insert that feet peg in the ankle (gluing it too).

Awesome about the magnetic mod, I did the very same thing by removing the magnet to use them on a hot toys body.
But I wasn't sure on Wich superman I wanted to do it.

Would love to see pics of your mod on the bvs body to see where you put the magnets to fit fit the pole.

I wanted to try to find magnets like these to mod more of my supermen but not sure how to go about this...

Yeah the chrome shine is not that necessary the silver of the bus works too. I just happened to have a chrome around.
I've kept my bvs silver body for my MOS custom.

Thanks for the info. I knew it was flat silver, but the HT BVS superman body is also fairly flat silver and it shines through the BVS suit nice enough (not as nice as the chrome obviously) but enough, so was just trying to get some clarification.

I actually do like the by-art body as whole other than being a little too tall. My plan was to mod the lower legs to shorten them a bit and shave down the calves some so the boots look nicer when pulled up. Then was going to add some shiney silver leaf to see if it brings it out the shine under the suit a bit more. As nice as the HT body looks, there are things that bother me about it, so I was thinking of trying something new with the By-art body if it was possible. Just don't want to waste money :lol

EDIT: This was my heavily customized MoS Superman with BVS body so wanted to see if this was potentially achievable with the By art body since they both seem to have the same type of silver on the base body.

View attachment 555481

I remember your mos custom,
Really cool what you did with the collar, boots.
It inspired me to do mine, I shaved the shoulder tho and kept also the thighs muscles add ons. Still working on it 😅

I thinks since the suit has been tailored for the world box body, it doesn't stretch as much as the mos suit on a bvs body.
Hence it might not shine as much maybe.

Curious to se how you will mod the world box body. I was very excited when they released it, but I don't like the sculpt itself, muscles are weird, the neck has a reverse v shape that give pin head feel, waist is tiny even with the abdominal add on byart added to their supes, that limits articulations.
Might work for me with a clothes character but not for a superhero suit.
The hot toys supes bodies are my favorites, even for other characters (I used on on my BD MLS238 TERMINATOR whose head was way too big for the regular a old bodies) still hope some ko will be done lol

View attachment 555481

It inspired me to do mine, I shaved the shoulder tho and kept also the thighs muscles add ons. Still working on it 😅

I thinks since the suit has been tailored for the world box body, it doesn't stretch as much as the mos suit on a bvs body.

Curious to se how you will mod the world box body. I was very excited when they released it, but I don't like the sculpt itself, muscles are weird, the neck has a reverse v shape that give pin head feel, waist is tiny even with the abdominal add on byart added to their supes, that limits articulations.
The hot toys supes bodies are my favorites, even for other characters (I used on on my BD MLS238 TERMINATOR whose head was way too big for the regular a old bodie
I decided not to mod this figure, I just went ahead and ordered the 2 pack. Now I have an extra superman figure that I cant seem to sell off lol. But, with Cyborg on pre order, the league is complete.

I'm sure you will be able to sell it down the line, complete or parted 👍

The hot toys supes bodies are my favorites, even for other characters (I used on on my BD MLS238 TERMINATOR whose head was way too big for the regular a old bodies) still hope some ko will be done lol
Thanks and likewise! I see your custom work and it makes me wonder what else is possible.

I like the Superman bodies for the most part, but things that bother me are mostly on the lower body. Like how the cut joint at the top of the thigh tends to be visible under the suit and I feel like the knee joints don't look natural enough. I also think the thigh enhancers make them too big. Something a little smaller but still toned like the JL regular Batman body (which has smaller thighs than BvS and Tactical suit batman) would be nicer. So for me, the perfect mash up would probably be the upper BvS/JL Superman body and lower JL regular Batman body. But that's an expensive custom to build. These bodies are so expensive to purchase so I'm right there with you in wishing someone would KO the bodies. The third party Cavill Witcher figure comes with the "custom" body that I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like when that figure is released.

Great.
Yeah those breaking ankle cup are a pain. Also on terminators bodies. The zc toys are great and longer so they avoid you from having to use longer feet pegs.
I had another solution, so I don't sacrifice a body I used feet extenders white ones available on ebay, gluing on one side a feet peg, the I insert that feet peg in the ankle (gluing it too).

Awesome about the magnetic mod, I did the very same thing by removing the magnet to use them on a hot toys body.
But I wasn't sure on Wich superman I wanted to do it.

Would love to see pics of your mod on the bvs body to see where you put the magnets to fit fit the pole.

I wanted to try to find magnets like these to mod more of my supermen but not sure how to go about this...

Yeah the chrome shine is not that necessary the silver of the bus works too. I just happened to have a chrome around.
I've kept my bvs silver body for my MOS custom.

Attachments

• 2EC63F5D-9375-490F-ABD9-DD832AB31BB6.jpeg
    2EC63F5D-9375-490F-ABD9-DD832AB31BB6.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 99
  • CA5117E5-4463-4882-B44C-305841F28AA1.jpeg
    CA5117E5-4463-4882-B44C-305841F28AA1.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 103
Got him yesterday! Such a nice figure! Especially stand is amazing! My only issue with it is that S symbol isn't perfectly symmetrically centred but even hot toys ones have that issue so whatever. Truly impressive how big whole thing is when you put it together.

Attachments

• gwer ig88.jpg
    gwer ig88.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 65
Back