HT QS Spiderman Homecoming - Stark Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just surprised me because they keep pushing Spidey as their new Iron Man, I thought he would be selling better. 1/6 Spidey's can be had for cheaper over there too.

Well, I think the 1/4th scale Spidey isn't selling well because the final product is absolutely disappointing. If anyone wants it, I'd say wait...it'll be severely discounted by Christmas.

No, the 1/4s just sell poorly. Even if Spidey was perfect, it would sit for a while.

Interesting...well to be fair the 1/4th scale just isn't as appealing as 1/6th, which seems to be the sweet spot. Plus the 1/6th market is just more vast, so it only makes sense that the 1/4th scale wouldn't have as large as a consumer base.

The Homecoming Deluxe is one of my favorite 1/6 figures ever, so I really thought about this but I already have a pretty much perfect figure.

Hot Toys needs a better photographer. I don't know if it's the lens or the editing, but what we got on those final promo shots compared to the video Justin just uploaded completely changed my mind about how this figure looks. The lack of visible neck with the unmasked portrait still disappoints me though.

Shame not FFH suit oh well.

FFH 1/6 head still better.

You mean the sculpt? I ended up cancelling the FFH because the masked head is still a little weirdly narrow like the HC ... I really like how the QS here looks like a masked human head.

Watched Justin's video - All I kept thinking was: all the effort you put into the Vulture base for this and you couldn't do a 1/6 Vulture figure? Okay, Hot Toys....:slap

Still not feeling it in Justin's video. Underwhelmed to say the least...

Anyhoo, doesn't that now wrap up Hot Toys' upcoming 2021 figures that they showed at the start of the year? Wonder what MCU / Marvel figure will land next? BD Thanos? Spider-Gwen & Miles? Endgame Captain Marvel?

Why haven't they figured out that a QS Ant-Man would likely sell out (say Ant-Man and the Wasp version)? The display reasons alone would make it a knockout piece.

You mean the sculpt? I ended up cancelling the FFH because the masked head is still a little weirdly narrow like the HC ... I really like how the QS here looks like a masked human head.

Let me clarify

1/6 FFH has the better unmasked

1/4 has the better masked

Still not feeling it in Justin's video. Underwhelmed to say the least...

Anyhoo, doesn't that now wrap up Hot Toys' upcoming 2021 figures that they showed at the start of the year? Wonder what MCU / Marvel figure will land next? BD Thanos? Spider-Gwen & Miles? Endgame Captain Marvel?

I wouldn?t go as far as labeling it as underwhelming the overall figure still looks pretty amazing I just prefer the FFH costume is all.

Why haven't they figured out that a QS Ant-Man would likely sell out (say Ant-Man and the Wasp version)? The display reasons alone would make it a knockout piece.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

The eyes being too close to one another on the masked head ruin it more than anything. The Holland sculpt that's as soft as a 1/6 sculpt doesn't help the figure either. Wish they had knocked this out of the park. Would have liked a 1/4 Spidey in the collection.

I will admit after watching Justin's review the Spidey headsculpt looks better than expected, however in certain shots in the video you can still see the funky, eyes-too-close illusion. Also, yeah, the Holland sculpt looks better in video, but the prototype is still clearly the stronger version.

I'm not a 1/4 collector so in the end it really doesn't matter to me. Just giving my 2 cents cause I know y'all care what I think. :lol

My feelings after putting 20% on pre order than seeing it

Attachments

• 84DDDCD9-7F9A-4AD2-BC69-DDD011422638.jpeg
    84DDDCD9-7F9A-4AD2-BC69-DDD011422638.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 26
I feel ya! Told myself forever I wasn’t gonna get this but the reviews make it seem like the definitive spidey piece. I have a feeling this will
Spark a QS fever in me too ��

Back