HT QS Spiderman Homecoming - Stark Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, very poor for a 1/4 figure - just seems like they sized up the 1/6 figure. Way too many issues I would not have expected to see in a 1/4 scale figure. I remember seeing the 1/4 Iron Man figure and sculpt and being impressed with all the improvements over the 1/6 scale. This seems to have almost gone the other way. The neck/collar definitely should have been addressed and the pain on the head sculpt should not be that soft for a 1/4 scale sculpt.

I think the biggest issue is the Spidey eyes being so derpy close to each other. It also doesn't help that the Holland sculpt is definitely softened, plus there's something that's just off about it...could be the protruding lower half of his face...or something else, not quite sure. Either way, in comparison to the EXCELLENT FFH sculpt, this one is clearly inferior, which is odd because 1/4th scale is an easier scale to sculpt with.

I think the biggest issue is the Spidey eyes being so derpy close to each other. It also doesn't help that the Holland sculpt is definitely softened, plus there's something that's just off about it...could be the protruding lower half of his face...or something else, not quite sure. Either way, in comparison to the EXCELLENT FFH sculpt, this one is clearly inferior, which is odd because 1/4th scale is an easier scale to sculpt with.

I understand some hits/misses in the 1/6 scale line with how many figures are made, but I saw the 1/4 scale as a bit more of a premium line and thought the A team would be on this. Obviously not the case. I have been leaning towards purchasing statues more and more and this pushes me even further in that direction. I think Hot Toys has been losing some of their best talent to some of the newer statue companies as well and probably facing more competition for the best factories. As much as we complain about Hot Toys prices rising - they've been kept more in check than statue manufacturers, which is probably the reason some corners are being cut and why they might be losing out on the better factories.

Did they cheap out on the box too? Don't they usually slap a big cardboard cutout of the character on it?

MV5BNTAzMzA3NjQwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDUzODQ5MTI@._V1_.jpg

I really don't think the sculpt is bad. Tom Holland has a fairly wide lower jaw. I always think HT's sculpts make him look like he's holding something in his cheeks but that's just how he looks.

Not even taking the Holland sculpt in mind, that masked head looks so off and awkward. They made his eyes too close to one another. :slap

They had the gap between the eyes right on the prototype but then ruined it on the final production version. Way to go Hot Toys!

dqZNtoA.png

178666129_10157978824207344_1934404765915331431_n.jpg

PD156376552946M.jpg
Yikes, so that's why he looks so weird.

I could look past the Holland headsculpt (would never use it) since some places have this for around $490 before coupons, but they ruined the masked portrait too. Such a shame as I was looking forward to this release. A giant Spidey would have looked awesome. Guess I?m gonna have to go with the FFH suit

I could look past the Holland headsculpt (would never use it) since some places have this for around $490 before coupons, but they ruined the masked portrait too. Such a shame as I was looking forward to this release. A giant Spidey would have looked awesome. Guess I?m gonna have to go with the FFH suit

HT might not make a FFH 1/4th scale suit if this version doesn't sell well...and based on the comments section on HT's official FB page, peeps don't seem to be loving the final product.

HT might not make a FFH 1/4th scale suit if this version doesn't sell well...and based on the comments section on HT's official FB page, peeps don't seem to be loving the final product.

No doubt about that. It?ll be interesting to see if they make any more. The FFH one I?ll be getting though is the 1/6

The body shape, head shape, and proportions is leagues above the 1/6, but yeah... those freakin' eyes.

Glad they were able to work out that ugly seam the 1/6 masks have on top of the head also.

I think it turned out pretty good!! It looks like a good Spider-Man figure, in my opinion. Of course I can see and I feel the aforementioned criticisms are warranted, but I can't be too bothered myself. The unmasked head sculpt looks good overall; the proportions, silhouette, suit, look to be awesome. A little nit would be that the knee joints can look a bit jutted out, but of course this is a figure with a tight suit, and not an IM figure or one with loose clothing or a thicker suit with extraneous armor plating. Still, really looking forward to this one!!

I would love to see them do a 1/4 - Civil War Captain America... that would be a dream piece for me.

Agree with all those who propose their most wanted characters in the 1/4 line! And, in addition to those (which are great choices), well for me I'd DEFINITELY WANT a 1/4 Captain Marvel figure!!! :thud:

I'm not a 1/4th guy, so I have no stake in this...but this final product is clearly a disappointment, especially when compared with the proto pics...some of y'all will say I'm complaining again for the hell of it...but this criticism is absolutely warranted.

HT botches another one! :clap

I quite like the 1/4 line, but I agree that there's something going on in regards to some of the previously released 1/4 figures, most notably the Joker. I do agree with others that those/these should have been done better, for example the Batman Begins should have had PERS or swappable eyes, a diorama display, etc. included since the bar was set with the QS001 TDKR Batman that came with multitudes of features and accessories. And of course the 1/4 Joker should have also PERS and multiple head sculpt options (with different expressions like the DX11), as well as the contention with the head sculpts themselves.

Well for me, at the end of the day I can't be upset at all, but I still get enjoyment out of them and still find them awesome overall.

Although I have a few complaints, I?m gonna get it
Spidey is one of my fav characters and I need a 1/4 scale
Have the Neca Superman and EB Batman to pose it alongside
really have no interest in the diorama though

1/4 figures always sell poorly.

Most HT people are invested in 1/6.

But I don't mind, pretty good aftermarket prices for newer 1/4s.

That's interesting that he mentioned this seems to be selling poorly.

I skimmed through the video, but he doesn't seem to be a fan of the 1/4 scale himself...clearly the 1/6 FFH figure is the best release so far.

I skimmed through the video, but he doesn't seem to be a fan of the 1/4 scale himself...clearly the 1/6 FFH figure is the best release so far.

It just surprised me because they keep pushing Spidey as their new Iron Man, I thought he would be selling better. 1/6 Spidey's can be had for cheaper over there too.

The Mark III Quarter scale is still in stock.

The only QS that didn't stay in stock for long was Joker. Every other one took a year or more.

Back