Hot Toys X-Men: Days of Future Past - Wolverine (1973 Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel if enough people voice their complaints on the name misspelled and sculpt quality HT will consider fixing it like EG Iron man Tony sculpt. But knowing HT they can care less. Also it's funny they pulled an Asmus toys with the name being misspelled. Lmao

Nice of Hot Toys to also spell his name wrong. :lol

4RlPC5h.png
Secretly third-partied by Toys Era.

Reminds me when one of the clone troopers also had “battalion” misspelled on the nameplate as well and HT did nothing publicly about it. Secretly, it was luck of the draw if you got the newer batch that had the name spelled correctly

Wow, so you buy the more expensive version and not only does it not come with the normal base and it's spelled wrong? Nice. Hopefully sideshow gets a fixed batch or something.

Don't know what the sculpt complaints are though, it's the same mold as the proto. Why is the hobby so predictable. The robocop got a bunch of "GLAD I DIDN'T BUY IT", "CANCELLING" and now the figure is going above at aftermarket and people are liking the paint.

Wow, so you buy the more expensive version and not only does it not come with the normal base and it's spelled wrong? Nice. Hopefully sideshow gets a fixed batch or something.

Don't know what the sculpt complaints are though, it's the same mold as the proto. Why is the hobby so predictable. The robocop got a bunch of "GLAD I DIDN'T BUY IT", "CANCELLING" and now the figure is going above at aftermarket and people are liking the paint.
Wouldn't say it's the sculpt more so the paint apps are way to soft.

To be fair the paint on the new Robo is better but still not correct. Also Sideshow's first look video, which actually was our first look, managed to take the one thing we were all concerned about more than anything else - the paintjob - and make it look somehow even brighter (i.e. worse) than MMS202. Yes it was a false impression as it turned out but of all the things to mislead people on at that early stage...plus, past experience - such as ED-209 2.0 having degradable rubber for its dome again despite years of complaints about the first release - primed people to think ''actually, yeah, it's totally like Hot Toys to ignore criticisms and just repeat the exact same mistakes again'' - so some people cancelled right off the bat. I don't really blame them in that instance.

I didn't cancel. But I don't preorder Hot Toys anymore.

Eh I'd say the sculpt is still pretty off as well. Hot Toys still has a problem with stylizing Hugh's face. It's almost a caricature of him. It doesn't have that realism.

2zFieN8.png

Yeah, not the best. Seems to have a squashed, wide face thing going on. Pity.

Eh I'd say the sculpt is still pretty off as well. Hot Toys still has a problem with stylizing Hugh's face. It's almost a caricature of him. It doesn't have that realism.

2zFieN8.png
To be fair to Hot Toys, the head isn't "squashed" at all. The picture they used here is distorted cause of the angle. Here's a still from the film that I just took. But you are right about the stylizing problem with Hugh/Logan sculpts, I feel like it's because of production. For whatever reason his sculpts (including this one) just loses all the details and they look extremely flat on final productions. While the DOFP sculpt was probably the best they've done, it is really not that good at all. I recently got V.Collectible's sculpt and it really shows all the missing detail on the HT sculpt. There are little to none sculpting details on his beard, wrinkles. And for whatever reason the painting on his sideburns always seems to be incomplete or sometimes missing like the "The Wolverine" release. I expected better for this 1973 release, the prototype looked pretty good, but once again the details on the final product is flat once more. I don't think the sculpt in itself is bad but the paint on them leave a lot to be desired

wovlerine.png

2zFieN8.png
ouch...yeah, not close on that. head is way too square...doesnt look like him much at all in this comparison. ah well...almost have this paid off. like the tailoring on it, but considering cancelling and waiting on Deadpool 3 version to see if they can improve the sculpt.

The amount of softening up in the production sculpt this one is showcasing (at least from what we can currently see) reminds of the "slump" HT was in around the DX10, DX12, Sam Flynn and other released figures in the same timeframe where their sculpts not only really soften up during production losing a lot of sculpt micro detail, but also the production paint took a downgrade.

Last edited:
From the few quick unboxing videos they have out . It actually looks good .

To me it just the skin tone that change the details still the same
Left is Prototpye and Right is Final
HT DOFP Logan PVF.JPG

Yep I checked back for JC Hong's pics of the prototype sculpt. It's the paint that really let this sculpt down and make all the details fall flat. Again the sideburns...

1701304998718.png

Back