1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm specifically talking about the rooted hair on their latest Gandalf release. If Asmus can do it for Gandalf then there was no reason for HT Black Widow's to look so bad.

The new ASMUS Crown Series Gandalf has an MSRP of $350. The Hot Toys Black Widow figures with rooted hair were all close to $200, or well under for the earliest releases. So I would hope a figure that costs almost twice as much to look better.

I'm sure a $350 Black Widow from Hot Toys with rooted hair would look good, but the market would be considerably smaller for a figure priced that much.

People are already up in arms about the steady Hot Toys prices increases.

The new ASMUS Crown Series Gandalf has an MSRP of $350. The Hot Toys Black Widow figures with rooted hair were all close to $200, or well under for the earliest releases. So I would hope a figure that costs almost twice as much to look better.

I'm sure a $350 Black Widow from Hot Toys with rooted hair would look good, but the market would be considerably smaller for a figure priced that much.

People are already up in arms about the steady Hot Toys prices increases.

Because Hot Toys keep increasing the price yet include less accessories, reuse sculpts, etc.

If they actually made any improvements to their figures they could justify increasing the price.

Why is the new Vision $30 more when its a reused head sculpt and comes with one accessory less than the first version?

I fully understand that and I am not happy about it either. No one should be. Unfortunately things tend to only get more expensive over time.

But my point was that while some people would be willing to pay $350 for a character like Gandalf to get the best possible version, I don't think a ton of people would want to pay that much for a Hot Toys figure just to get quality rooted hair unless it were something really, really special.

I fully understand that and I am not happy about it either. No one should be. Unfortunately things tend to only get more expensive over time.

But my point was that while some people would be willing to pay $350 for a character like Gandalf to get the best possible version, I don't think a ton of people would want to pay that much for a Hot Toys figure just to get quality rooted hair unless it were something really, really special.

Then they shouldnt have bothered doing crappy rooted hair all those times. Do it right or dont do it all imo.

That's only true if the quality improves.

HT (or perhaps SS) is indiscriminately raising prices across the board. Standard barebone figures starting range is now $250, when it used to be sub $200...what's the justification for that? There is none. Even inflation doesn't rise that quickly!

HT (or perhaps SS) is indiscriminately raising prices across the board. Standard barebone figures starting range is now $250, when it used to be sub $200...what's the justification for that? There is none. Even inflation doesn't rise that quickly!

Materials and production costs also steadily go up over time. And I would also imagine that all of Trump's dumb ass tariffs on China affected prices as well.

sculpted hair is for statues

I always thought this too. It was something to do with not being able to paint the sculpted hair the right blonde. Blonde is a hard colour to achieve. So they thought that god awful hair peice was better

Materials and production costs also steadily go up over time. And I would also imagine that all of Trump's dumb ass tariffs on China affected prices as well.

Lmao it's always Trump's fault! Of course! Even when it's not, it is! :lol

They have actually started paying decent wages. It's not as cheap to produce anything over there as it was a few years ago.

Well, that's certainly not accurate. Quality is far from the only pricing factor.

Hard to say without a time period. When was the last standard, sub $200 figure?

And, regardless, I don't understand how you can say there is no justification for the increase when you just noted one yourself: inflation.

Sure, it wouldn't account for the entire increase but, expanding on Mr Tanker's comment above, also considering possible cost increases in materials, logistics, taxes/tariffs, manufacturing processes, better conditions and wages for those putting together our little dollies (as well as those along the entire supply chain), the gradual increase we see is hardly offensive and, I imagine, very easily justifiable.

Objectively, I really don't see the problem with the current prices and it puzzles me why people keep on about it. I wouldn't think it would be worth the energy. Sure, it's getting expensive (well, more so ... they've always been expensive toys) but that's just the way it is. In the absence of some breakthrough manufacturing innovation, the prices aren't going back down.

Well, that's certainly not accurate. Quality is far from the only pricing factor.

Hard to say without a time period. When was the last standard, sub $200 figure?

And, regardless, I don't understand how you can say there is no justification for the increase when you just noted one yourself: inflation.

Sure, it wouldn't account for the entire increase but, expanding on Mr Tanker's comment above, also considering possible cost increases in materials, logistics, taxes/tariffs, manufacturing processes, better conditions and wages for those putting together our little dollies (as well as those along the entire supply chain), the gradual increase we see is hardly offensive and, I imagine, very easily justifiable.

Objectively, I really don't see the problem with the current prices and it puzzles me why people keep on about it. I wouldn't think it would be worth the energy. Sure, it's getting expensive (well, more so ... they've always been expensive toys) but that's just the way it is. In the absence of some breakthrough manufacturing innovation, the prices aren't going back down.

I'm fine with the increase in pricing as long as it is commensurate with the quality as well, however that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm fine with the increase in pricing as long as it is commensurate with the quality as well, however that doesn't seem to be the case.

Like with most companies they always look at ways to save costs in whatever they make to increase profits, from spoons to cars to buildings. Most things are made by the lowest bidder.

giphy.gif

Can anybody help me?? Does anyone of you know how I can make this effect for my Wanda Maximof Hot Toys Figur???

cid:71E89BD0-A8AE-47AF-AF39-9D31B3E645C6

Can anybody help me to get this effect with her hands?????
Has anyone a idea how I can do that too???

59ob3re48ol61.jpg

I hope it work this Time.. ;-)
Can anybody help me to get this Effect with her hands?

Back