1/6 Hot Toys WandaVision Scarlet Witch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clearly these are glorified dolls (i own 3 Hot Toys and have one more coming before Scarlet Witch comes) and I think rooted hair can go bad, quickly if you aren't tempted to possibly ruin the figure while trying to do so. It also can be a headache when something needs to sit on top of it. I am very confused that they didnt do a sculpted hair on Infinity War Widow. It seems like thats where it really should have been utilized.

Combing my $250+ dolls hair really shatters my fragile masculinity.

:lol:lol:lol

But, being able to AFFORD a 250$+ doll = manly man. 'Coz u can afford the CADILLAC/LEXUS/MERCEDES of the figure world.

Anyway, someone explain to me why it's OK to carefully manipulate tiny fiberoptics for a light-up Whiplash fig, or use little itty bitty brushes to distress a fig or detail tiny parts, but have a meltdown over some nylon polyester fibers.

I don't need my girly figs to look like they have plastic bowls on their heads. And it's annoying AF to not be able to have full articulation for Thor and Qui-Gon.

There's nothing wrong with rooted hair when done right with the best materials. But that is too expensive for Hot Toys to do for their figures, and only a handful of people would pay what the figure would need to be priced at to get the best rooted hair.

So sculpted hair is preferable from Hot Toys. Someone that really, really wants rooted hair can get a customizer/artist that specializes in it to do it for them.

Real men aren't threatened by the prospect of rooted hair figures in their collection. :chase

For the record, I'm all for rooted hair with this figure. I think sculpted is the wrong choice.

But, being able to AFFORD a 250$+ doll = manly man. 'Coz u can afford the CADILLAC/LEXUS/MERCEDES of the figure world.

Anyway, someone explain to me why it's OK to carefully manipulate tiny fiberoptics for a light-up Whiplash fig, or use little itty bitty brushes to distress a fig or detail tiny parts, but have a meltdown over some nylon polyester fibers.

I don't need my girly figs to look like they have plastic bowls on their heads. And it's annoying AF to not be able to have full articulation for Thor and Qui-Gon.

It's true, we're the big boys of the figure collecting world! We so baller!!!

The hair dresser types are ignoring the fact that the rooted hair looks like garbage.

In a perfect world, we?d be getting figures of Black Widow, Wonder Woman, Scarlet Witch, Aquamamoa, Captain Marvel, etc with beautiful rooted hair that is worthy of the $270+ price tag. But we live in a world where HT doesn?t care for big improvements and constantly give us horrible rooted hair. Until HT proves they can do rooted hair properly, I?ll gladly take sculpted hair any day of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would have even the perfect figure to do interchangeable hair sculpts, rooted or sculpted. It would have been so easy to pull off. The crown covers her entire hairline! Chalk another one up to HT's laziness :slap
wfh3095_109_comp_v010_20210130_r709.1031.jpg

:exactly: Proper hair can do as much to sell the realism of a figure as properly done paint or light-up work.

In a perfect world, we?d be getting figures of Black Widow, Wonder Woman, Scarlet Witch, Aquamamoa, Captain Marvel, etc with beautiful rooted hair that is worthy of the $270+ price tag. But we live in a world where HT doesn?t care for big improvements and constantly give us horrible rooted hair. Until HT proves they can do rooted hair properly, I?ll gladly take sculpted hair any day of the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The day an HT figure of a male character comes with rooted hair out of the box is the day this forum implodes. Unless it's a Joker figure, in which case it might only be half that implodes.

I'm not the best with hair (real or plastic), but I've managed to style the hair on my HT figures to look halfway decent/realistic, so it's not impossible to make rooted hair figures look good. It just takes effort and patience.

:exactly: Proper hair can do as much to sell the realism of a figure as properly done paint or light-up work.

The day an HT figure of a male character comes with rooted hair out of the box is the day this forum implodes. Unless it's a Joker figure, in which case it might only be half that implodes.

I'm not the best with hair (real or plastic), but I've managed to style the hair on my HT figures to look halfway decent/realistic, so it's not impossible to make rooted hair figures look good. It just takes effort and patience.

There's a member here does mods to Thor figures using rooted hair, and they look good.

If Asmus can do great rooted hair on their Gandalf, Hot Toys can do it on any figure. They just choose not to put the effort in.

If Asmus can do great rooted hair on their Gandalf, Hot Toys can do it on any figure. They just choose not to put the effort in.

The asmus figures quality took a nose dive once they started doing the rooted hair. I completely lost interest in what they are making since. Hot Toys wouldn't gain anything by following that inferior product.

I don't care about putting patience and effort into styling doll hair. I shouldn't have to just because some individuals enjoy that type of activity.

If Hot Toys could do great looking rooted hair that would stay looking great during transit and require no dicking around with once out of the box, then I'd have no problem with it. But to have to start styling synthetic hair (sometimes with product) just to get the thing looking semi-decent? Not for me.

Does Asmus releases even approach the quantities that HT puts out?

I'm specifically talking about the rooted hair on their latest Gandalf release. If Asmus can do it for Gandalf then there was no reason for HT Black Widow's to look so bad.

Photo from davejames:

uPIFzCN.png

I'm specifically talking about the rooted hair on their latest Gandalf release. If Asmus can do it for Gandalf then there was no reason for HT Black Widow's to look so bad.

Photo from davejames:

uPIFzCN.png

How many of these did they release is the question.

Back