Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a quick shot of Bocephus out of the box…
70C16DC7-514B-44D5-A261-A1147D2B552C.jpeg

This figure is the most brittle Hot Toys figure ever! The helmet was on so tight out of the box that when pulling it off the center pillar snapped off the helmet. Then, when trying to remove the left hand slowly wiggling it back and forth, the peg snapped off leaving half in the arm. Will need drilling out to fit a different hand now. Scared stiff to even try and remove the other hand now! This figure needs to be treated like a statue. 😞.

Also, the name plate was not stuck on the display stand either. Nightmare figure to deal with, but have to admit she does look good (or will do when I get a new hand on).

Anyone think Hot Toysused a cheaper more brittle plastic than normal, or their tolerances were way off on this one?

This figure is the most brittle Hot Toys figure ever! The helmet was on so tight out of the box that when pulling it off the center pillar snapped off the helmet. Then, when trying to remove the left hand slowly wiggling it back and forth, the peg snapped off leaving half in the arm. Will need drilling out to fit a different hand now. Scared stiff to even try and remove the other hand now! This figure needs to be treated like a statue. 😞.

Also, the name plate was not stuck on the display stand either. Nightmare figure to deal with, but have to admit she does look good (or will do when I get a new hand on).

Anyone think Hot Toysused a cheaper more brittle plastic than normal, or their tolerances were way off on this one?
What did you do about the helmet/pillar? Mine came separated right out the box, arrived with what I assume is weak glue.

Will using gorilla glue be enough to reset? Or will it just break apart again if I do that, when I try and remove the helmet?

Word.

Cody is one of the, if not THE most beautiful figures I own and I am terrified of him because he's so fragile.

Agreed. The helmet antenna should've been metal as well. I've seen so many with the tip broken off and the figures owners hadn't even noticed.

Prompted me to get a back up Cody just in case, which is still in the box.

Would be nice if they made a less fragile version as a 2.0 for ROTS 20th.

Agreed. The helmet antenna should've been metal as well. I've seen so many with the tip broken off and the figures owners hadn't even noticed.

Prompted me to get a back up Cody just in case, which is still in the box.

Would be nice if they made a less fragile version as a 2.0 for ROTS 20th.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a Bad Batch version.

I’m kind of hoping they want to get more use out of the Rex mould and they make a Howser. Really liked him in the show. He was the first one to show us that the Clones still had some moral compass after Order 66. Surrendering his freedom was a choice I wasn’t sure we’d see a Clone make again and it made me hopeful that we’d see the group try and free more Clones from their chips and the Empire in season 2.

damn, she is fantastic. all of the concerns about poor articulation / stiff joints made me temper my expectations a bit at the last minute, but wow.

visually she’s undeniably a 10/10 in my book. incredible tailoring, paint, and overall look. she seriously has that jumped-off-the-screen “[girl] in a suit” look to a degree i wasn't expecting.

single jointed elbows are a bummer but are easy enough to work around. I honestly don't mind the tightness of the joints, would rather it this way than loose like my 501st trooper’s ankles. i was worried about the range of motion on her shoulders but ive had no problems with the poses i wanted to do.

i’m sorry some of you are dealing with parts breaking or other issues, hopefully they’re able to be resolved.

overall really happy with how she turned out. will share some pics soon.

As much as I love this piece…it will have to wait until after the holidays for me to get her .. with my other pre orders shipping like a wildfire this month and my family Xmas shopping…my wallet is taking a beating ugh :thud:

Bought 2xMTToys Ciri Body one for Bo Katan and the other is for The Armorer (Despite changing the the arms on the Armorer and modding the legs)
MMToys Ciri Body 1.jpg

Attachments

• MMToys Ciri Body 2.jpg
    MMToys Ciri Body 2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
  • B5DF8C89-3244-4769-8FE3-8B8D600EB6E8.jpeg
    B5DF8C89-3244-4769-8FE3-8B8D600EB6E8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 00FA208F-0640-483F-BE9A-90FF6B17FA89.jpeg
    00FA208F-0640-483F-BE9A-90FF6B17FA89.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: