Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Axe Woves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With any luck, we might just see a re-release of Axe Woves with a proper headsculpt down the road...

It’d technically be a new version with updated armor. Although if anyone really wants the original one, he seems to be getting sold for fairly cheap on FB groups.

I suppose that would depend on the fate of his character.

You know, if he gets… axed or not.

Sorry I’ll see myself out.
Agreed. I would think demand for whatever excess stock of this figure would spike a little now, but I'm wondering if I should hold out for a 2.0 version...

I guess I'd wait a little bit more to see if he has more of a part to play, or if he gets, as you say...axed

That said, I'm sure Bo-Katan will definitely have a 2.0, given her updated armor, hair and new accessory. It's also quite clear that the series is focusing quite a fair bit on her character. Truly glad for the emotional payoff in the latest episode and eager to see where her path leads...

They really ****** up with this one. Apparent then, even more so now.
I absolutely agree. I feel in recent years Hot Toys has been slacking off and resting on their laurels, given there has been literally no actual competition in the 1/6 market since the decline of Enterbay almost 8 years ago.
The absence of a headsculpt was particularly egregious, given Koska Reeves had one.

I'm glad that Inart's come around and shaking the market a fair bit - I don't know much about the quality of their products, but I'm glad that their mere presence is lighting a fire under Hot Toys and getting them to give us collectors more value for our buck... evident from the now PERS eyeballs inclusion for headsculpts and seemingly more attention towards revision headsculpts towards greater accuracy (spidey/foster-thor/BP shuri). Healthy competition is great for us as collectors...

I absolutely agree. I feel in recent years Hot Toys has been slacking off and resting on their laurels, given there has been literally no actual competition in the 1/6 market since the decline of Enterbay almost 8 years ago.
The absence of a headsculpt was particularly egregious, given Koska Reeves had one.

I'm glad that Inart's come around and shaking the market a fair bit - I don't know much about the quality of their products, but I'm glad that their mere presence is lighting a fire under Hot Toys and getting them to give us collectors more value for our buck... evident from the now PERS eyeballs inclusion for headsculpts and seemingly more attention towards revision headsculpts towards greater accuracy (spidey/foster-thor/BP shuri). Healthy competition is great for us as collectors...

Yep, agreed. Been saying the same thing.

Although it’s not PERS anymore. Which is good given how fragile that system could be.

They haven’t come up with a better name for it than separate rolling eyeballs. They don’t even use an acronym; SRE isn’t as catchy as PERS I guess.

Yep, agreed. Been saying the same thing.

Although it’s not PERS anymore. Which is good given how fragile that system could be.

They haven’t come up with a better name for it than separate rolling eyeballs. They don’t even use an acronym; SRE isn’t as catchy as PERS I guess.
Or SEE, separate enhanced eyeballs

Axe %#*%## woves and no bespin han!!!!
I’ll go light myself on fire now.

We all feel that.

I don't know if this is better or worse but they've made figures of significantly obscurer or stranger characters than Axe Woves who is a Mandalorian from Popular Current Star Wars TV Show™.

So... don't light yourself on fire.

Hot Toys was silly and short-sighted not to do the head sculpt for this release. This might be selling like hot cakes now if they had. I hope they do a 2.0 soon.
I was wondering why they didn’t add a sculpt. You definitely hit the nail on the head. He’d probably be selling better!

...and not just that, but the original release doesn't have the flame thrower does it? Or the knife?
It's one of the strangest choices from HT not including a head sculpt with the first version.

...and not just that, but the original release doesn't have the flame thrower does it? Or the knife?
It's one of the strangest choices from HT not including a head sculpt with the first version.
Because they want you to buy the 2nd release, including head sculpt and updated armor. They’ve already made their money from the vendors with the first one.

The original is also priced pretty accordingly without a headsculpt. I don’t see the big deal.

And anyway, this s3 version will have enough differences to justify it besides a headsculpt. After watching the last fight twice, I’ve noticed new Chest armor, gauntlets, new ammo belt, leg armor, jetpack rocket and all the extra little weapons he uses.

The original is also priced pretty accordingly without a headsculpt. I don’t see the big deal.

And anyway, this s3 version will have enough differences to justify it besides a headsculpt. After watching the last fight twice, I’ve noticed new Chest armor, gauntlets, new ammo belt, leg armor, jetpack rocket and all the extra little weapons he uses.
A few other changes too.

Who would have guessed that of all of the Mandalorian characters, it would be Axe Woves we all got two of :rolleyes:.

I guess we can use the original as a background Nightowl if necessary.

This would be a great opportunity for HT to introduce an accessory pack for a non-Ironman figure. Updated Armour and the headsculpt, $75 with the exclusive item being an apology letter signed by Howard for not doing it right the first time!

Dam you Hot Toys!

Back