Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the jet pack is not removable, and the knee/shin armor is a bit bulky, and on my doll, her arms do not stay flat to her sides, but other than that, I like it. I kept the headsulpt in the box

I'll buy it. But I don't think it's great. Quality wise, I believe it's top notch, but accuracy wise, meh.
1671727192250.jpeg

Really? That’s a first for HT.

It’s technically removable… once.

Well, it’s actually sort of removable. They glued the jetpack to the back armor plate, which is velcroed onto the undersuit.

Saves money on magnets I suppose. Probably not too difficult to actually remove and magnetize yourself if someone wanted to. It won’t be an issue for most but it’s still a small step back.

20317C37-C7A7-43AA-9163-847181927FEB.jpeg

Photo courtesy of Toy Anxiety.

It’s technically removable… once.

Well, it’s actually sort of removable. They glued the jetpack to the back armor plate, which is velcroed onto the undersuit.

Saves money on magnets I suppose. Probably not too difficult to actually remove and magnetize yourself if someone wanted to. It won’t be an issue for most but it’s still a small step back.

View attachment 614194
Photo courtesy of Toy Anxiety.
Dodgy Plus! Magnets are not expensive. They even had one in Taskmaster’s forearm for the shield! And that was a lazy HT release!

Finally shipping out today. Feels like forever since I ordered this one. Glad she's finally inbound. With all these current releases - Axe, Vaughn, Bo-K, Throne Fett - really hoping the HT pipeline is clearing up a little. Bring on Jesse!

Looks great, Spanbauer! I really like the lighting in your photos.

I really wish the arms were more flexible. I saw that someone traded out the arms with Black Widow arms. Has anyone done that before? Is it hard to do? Are there any tutorials?

I really wish the arms were more flexible. I saw that someone traded out the arms with Black Widow arms. Has anyone done that before? Is it hard to do? Are there any tutorials?
Thank you!

The articulation is a real disappointment. It's not just the single-jointed elbows, either. She has no shoulder shrug, no neck articulation, no torso articulation of any kind, no thigh joint...it's truly bizarre.

I’m not sure if there are any specific Youtube videos on this particular figure but there are plenty of body swapping videos, such as Armorer, which is essentially what you want.

Thank you!

The articulation is a real disappointment. It's not just the single-jointed elbows, either. She has no shoulder shrug, no neck articulation, no torso articulation of any kind, no thigh joint...it's truly bizarre.

I won't get mine from my UK retailer for weeks (more likely months) so I've kept my order whilst I think about what to do. That lack of articulation is a bit of a deal breaker for me, unless I swap the body.

Excellent photo set @Spanbauer! Weird about the articulation but she looks awesome.
Thanks!
I’m not sure if there are any specific Youtube videos on this particular figure but there are plenty of body swapping videos, such as Armorer, which is essentially what you want.
I won't get mine from my UK retailer for weeks (more likely months) so I've kept my order whilst I think about what to do. That lack of articulation is a bit of a deal breaker for me, unless I swap the body.
Well, I wouldn’t say the articulation is so limited that I would recommend passing on the figure because it; it’s just not what we’ve come to expect from these figures at these prices. She can still achieve lots of poses, including action poses. For what these cost, I’m not going to then go out and spend more money on replacement bodies, either. But I will push the figure to its limits of what’s achievable with the stock body in my photos!

Thanks!

Well, I wouldn’t say the articulation is so limited that I would recommend passing on the figure because it; it’s just not what we’ve come to expect from these figures at these prices. She can still achieve lots of poses, including action poses. For what these cost, I’m not going to then go out and spend more money on replacement bodies, either. But I will push the figure to its limits of what’s achievable with the stock body in my photos!
Yeah I'm struggling making a decision on whether to keep the order or not. Figure looks good, but the limited articulation really bugs me. For the amount these figures cost, it's disappointing that HT released this figure with a "that'll do" body.

Did anyone receive act now, stocks are decreasing mail from SSC? Is it just marketing or real?

Yeah I'm struggling making a decision on whether to keep the order or not. Figure looks good, but the limited articulation really bugs me. For the amount these figures cost, it's disappointing that HT released this figure with a "that'll do" body.

The figure looks amazing. I think it’s a must have for the significance of the character alone personally. If it had bad articulation and didn’t look great, I could see passing. But it has a lot of presence. And it can still be posed decently. Many tend to be conservative with their poses anyway.

That said, should they be using an inferior body? No, absolutely not.

It does confound me when I think about upgrading it. Because I have an Ada Wong body I was going to use for ROTJ Leia. And then I could use ROTJ Leia for Bo-Katan. And it’s like, Hot Toys why are you making me upgrade these progressively newer figures with progressively older bodies? :lol

Did anyone receive act now, stocks are decreasing mail from SSC? Is it just marketing or real?

Probably just marketing. Even if they sell like one a day that’s still technically stock decreasing…

Figure just came out. Might sell more briskly once Season 3 starts.

Back