Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of it. The picture is hazy looking. So I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. Also, the railing attachment is okay. But I would rather that they spent the money on a better quality double-jointed body.
That is a shame, as I'm sure that was the reason for the higher price. Would have definitely preferred a better body, as you mentioned.

She arrived a day early! Fabulous looking figure. The head sculpt is even better in person. Sadly, she’s one of the least posesable figures I own. Her arms are so stiff and rigid. The body they used is pretty cheap. Another downside is that she’s quite a bit taller than Rey and Leia. So I’m not sure those bodies would work as a replacement.

View attachment 611292
View attachment 611293
View attachment 611294
View attachment 611295
She looks great! Great photos.

From what you describe it sounds like they’re definitely using that miserable Armorer body. Always feels like you’re one stiff joint click away from breaking a limb.

But she can hold her helmet and point her guns so I guess it’ll do.

If anyone finds a great replacement body for Bo-Katan or the Armorer, please let us know. It really is a shame that Hot Toys opted for a rigid body for such a dynamic, action-packed character.

She looks great! Great photos.

From what you describe it sounds like they’re definitely using that miserable Armorer body. Always feels like you’re one stiff joint click away from breaking a limb.

But she can hold her helmet and point her guns so I guess it’ll do.
oooo that's scary. Makes me think of transforming an MP Transformer at times where the joints are so tight you wonder if it's really supposed to go that way :thud:

I got the notice for final payment, and then delay, yesterday as well.

I was charged the retail and shipping today tho, so hopefully it will ship soon, at least it’s paid for when it does 😂

oooo that's scary. Makes me think of transforming an MP Transformer at times where the joints are so tight you wonder if it's really supposed to go that way :thud:
Just to be clear, the joints that are the most problematic are the arms. The elbow and shoulder joints are extremely stiff. They also have very limited movement range. The knees aren’t too bad, but the leg joint is also stiff.

Exactly like a MP Transformer. To be fair, I don’t know that they’ll actually snap, it‘s just that the amount of pressure required feels like enough to also break something.

She arrived a day early! Fabulous looking figure. The head sculpt is even better in person. Sadly, she’s one of the least posesable figures I own. Her arms are so stiff and rigid. The body they used is pretty cheap. Another downside is that she’s quite a bit taller than Rey and Leia. So I’m not sure those bodies would work as a replacement.

View attachment 611292
View attachment 611293
View attachment 611294
View attachment 611295
I wouldn't say its a cheap body, its the one they developed for the Harley Quinn figure, the single jointed elbows and knees are due to Harley's minimal costumes. I assume they're using that body for the mandalorians since its a little thiccer than the other female body type they use for everyone else

I wouldn't say its a cheap body, its the one they developed for the Harley Quinn figure, the single jointed elbows and knees are due to Harley's minimal costumes. I assume they're using that body for the mandalorians since its a little thiccer than the other female body type they use for everyone else
Agreed. Was just playing around with Armorer again and forgot how hefty a figure she is. I’m not sure they’re using this body as a cost-cutting measure.

Bo vs Armorer is the showdown we need next season. I feel like these two have a lot to get off their chests about each other.

24284314-BBE7-45CC-8BD1-B731CDBAE69E.jpeg

I’m wondering if it’s possible to replace just the arms. Does anyone know how hard it is to do this?

Bo vs Armorer is the showdown we need next season. I feel like these two have a lot to get off their chests about each other.

View attachment 611372
That's an awesome pose for those two Mandalorian ladies!

Might be an awkward battle given their limited mobility with Hot Toys decision to include ratcheted single jointed arms!

Sorry, i just had to say it lol.

Never the less, i do look forward to finally adding Bo Katan to my collection. =)

I’m wondering if it’s possible to replace just the arms. Does anyone know how hard it is to do this?
Usually it's not too difficult, at least when swapping arms on a male figure body. They tend to share the same or similar internal hinges that you need to unscrew to get the arms off and then swap the arms with something double jointed. After getting the rubber chest off first. Based on that experience, I would assume, but don't know for certain, that there would be a similar approach here.

View attachment 611372
been saying for months that this is my biggest hope for season 3. seems like a perfect matchup.

kinda suspecting a bait-and-switch where bo isnt actually the villain, and the armorer is. not sure how din would feel about that though considering she basically raised (aka indoctrinated) him.

but yeah. bo vs armorer would be fire. makes too much sense story wise.

Back