1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 029 - The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Current Personal Canon:

Solo
Rogue One
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Mandalorian

I accept some elements of the narrative delivered in the PT but not the films themselves. While I find elements of The Clone Wars and Rebels entertaining, they're too inconsistent for me to include beyond hints of backstory gleaned here and there, so receive similar treatment to the PT despite having overall better execution.

I reject the Sequel Trilogy's conception, scripts, characters, overall execution and narrative presumptions entirely.

I see that there is more KK in your personal canon than GL. Right on! :rock

Cannon for me i suppose is-

PT
OT
RO
The Mandalorian

Solo is close and I enjoyed most of it, but I just can't fully get on board with recast Han and Lando and that awful L3 character. After a couple repeat viewings I have really come to enjoy Woody Harrelson and Emilia Clarke in that movie.

But in my original post I guess what I was saying is that going beyond cannon I have kinda elevated the first two seasons of The Mandalorian to the top tier with the OT. I still consider the PT and RO cannon but not on the same tier as the OT.

L3 isn't half as bad as people make it out to be. A series of throw-away gags, summarily killed off and the best part integrated into the Falcon. Not a big deal. I don't really notice L3 on repeat viewings.

What I hold as canonical is more or less equal in the sense that they all -- even the sacred ESB -- have issues. But all of them I'm willing to accept. As much as 2/3 of The Mandalorian is goofy as hell with sloppy writing and questionable acting and FX, but I can allow it because it overall has that elusive narrative quality I often refer to as 'heart'.

L3 isn't half as bad as people make it out to be. A series of throw-away gags, summarily killed off and the best part integrated into the Falcon. Not a big deal. I don't really notice L3 on repeat viewings.

I would rate L3 as probably the 3rd worst ever character in Star Wars, right behind Rey and Rose Tico. What an insult that download crap was. And completely retconned Lando's character too.

I would rate L3 as probably the 3rd worst ever character in Star Wars, right behind Rey and Rose Tico. What an insult that download crap was. And completely retconned Lando's character too.

'Download' crap? I've seen it 3 times but not sure what you're referring to...

And nah, L3 doesn't bother me nearly so much. Rose is freaking useless (that's not a personal commentary on the charming and hard-working actor who received the thankless role but those writers need to be shamed :lol ).

'Download' crap? I've seen it 3 times but not sure what you're referring to...

And nah, L3 doesn't bother me nearly so much. Rose is freaking useless (that's not a personal commentary on the charming and hard-working actor who received the thankless role but those writers need to be shamed :lol ).

The Falcon integration is what I was referring to.

Rose is freaking useless (that's not a personal commentary on the charming and hard-working actor who received the thankless role but those writers need to be shamed :lol ).

And just to be clear, this comment also has no negativity directed toward the hard-working folks at Hasbro either ;)

And just to be clear, this comment also has no negativity directed toward the hard-working folks at Hasbro either ;)

:lol :lol :lol

Yes, because we all know mega corporations never spew cheap substandard 'trash' into the market with built-in tolerance for QC-related manufacturing losses to maximize profits for shareholders who don't care about the integrity or reception of product beyond a balance sheet. That never happens and let the record show I would *never* so much as insinuate such a thing and should never be misinterpreted in that fashion at this juncture nor in any future communications on this site.

A punch-punishing, fire-proof Dark Trooper would be a nice companion to my Moff Gideon figure.

Those red eyes will compliment nicely with the Death Troopers green lenses.

Red eyes on those terminators would be completely useless to me, because I never activate and use batteries.

This is a figure I will keep an eye on, but no pre-order. Given the softness and lack of paint detail in the faces of some figures, particular those who are older, I shall wait and see.

Recent figures of older actors has been really hit or miss lately, and this figure really depends on a good head-sculpt/paint-apps to carry it.

This is a figure I will keep an eye on, but no pre-order. Given the softness and lack of paint detail in the faces of some figures, particular those who are older, I shall wait and see.

Recent figures of older actors has been really hit or miss lately, and this figure really depends on a good head-sculpt/paint-apps to carry it.

With the recent substandard face sculpts of toothy Antman, RDJ Iron Man MK85 and Chadwick Boseman Black Panther from Hot Toys, this Gideon figure will definitely be a "wait and see" how it looks post production type of figure. With the spike in prices for this hobby it's not worth it for me to gamble on a preorder that relies heavily on the accuracy of Giancarlo Esposito.

The trooper onslaught has started ! Transport Trooper, Shore Trooper and Dark Trooper !! Collect them all ! I probably will.

Post #11011 ! Favourite number 11 !

Back